Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Camping Lous Suais, Auvergne  (Read 3354 times)

Sweetski

Camping Lous Suais, Auvergne
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:27:10 pm »
In the middle of France, on the banks of a storage reservoir that looks more like a lake, lies naturist campsite Lous Suais.
The campsite is run by a Dutch family and volunteers. While this campsite offers little or no luxury (like a sauna or a pool or entertainment), it makes up for that with pristine location. It is well kept and maintained, has a cozy reception/snackbar area with campfire and a tiny little sand beach, but that was due to high water level of the reservoir. In the height of summer, water levels drop and there's more of a beachy area. Although the snack bar only offers a meal once a week, you can order a pizza (freshly baked in own oven) or snacks like French fries throughout your stay, should you wish not to cook in front of your tent or mini motorhome. There's a baker that delivers fresh bread every morning in a tent. You'll find a bag with your order on a table and you can leave your money in a box. It heavily relies on honesty, so please don't abuse this privilege. On the site there's a caravan you can stay in on your last night of stay. That way, you pan pack up your stuff during the day, enjoy a good night sleep and than drive off the following morning.

The reservoir/lake is fantastic, though a tad cold. There are different 'floatation devices' on the site (windsurf board, kayak, water peddle bike etc.) and the three floating decks provide an opportunity to tan on the water. The natural surroundings are gorgeous; hills and rolling meadows offer spectacular panoramas. Unfortunately, the hilly nature is also the only down side I could find to this place. The campsite is built terrace style up the slopes, the terraces are connected by plenty of steps. People with walking disabilities, should first contact the owner to see if there's any place at all available to them. But other than the steps (which I found can also prove quite a challenge getting up in the dark after a long night of heavy beer bottle lifting  :0988), this place is pure natural quality. Should you visit during off-season, make sure to ask for a site on the higher terraces, for they will have the most hours of sun per day. Down by the lake, the trees and the hill from across the lake will obstruct the sun's rays from reaching the shore, in the late afternoon. Below some pictures I took during my stay.

ulli23

Re: Camping Lous Suais, Auvergne
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2014, 03:11:38 pm »
Sounds good. Thanks

JonUK

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2014, 03:41:06 pm »
I've been to Lous Suais a couple of times too – and would endorse everything Sweetski says. It was my girlfriend's first ever taste of naturism, in fact, and was a great intro to it for someone that was feeling pretty nervous – beautiful setting, very quiet, not too many people about.

On each occasion I was only there a couple of nights as I was heading south, but would love to return there for a longer stay.

ulli23

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 04:10:55 pm »
Maybe I´ll try it out. Thanks

Sweetski

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2014, 10:37:08 am »
Sounds good. Thanks
You're welcome :)

Sweetski

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2014, 10:39:12 am »
I've been to Lous Suais a couple of times too – and would endorse everything Sweetski says. It was my girlfriend's first ever taste of naturism, in fact, and was a great intro to it for someone that was feeling pretty nervous – beautiful setting, very quiet, not too many people about.

On each occasion I was only there a couple of nights as I was heading south, but would love to return there for a longer stay.
Thanks for the endorsement :D

Your girlfriend is now an avid fan of naturism, I suspect?  :wink:

JonUK

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2014, 11:34:00 am »
Yes, she's now happy to join in!

Sweetski

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2014, 11:46:49 am »
Excellent! Welcome her to ´the club´ on my behalf, will you?  :2345