Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Amazing Spider-Man 2  (Read 3025 times)

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
    • Absolute Freedom
Amazing Spider-Man 2
« on: May 02, 2014, 10:06:47 pm »
 I just got back from watching this highly anticipated sequel. It was a little longer and slower than I anticipated, but the extra time left a lot more room for character development especially between Peter and Gwen.

On the action end of the spectrum Electro made a very formidable villain despite my apprehensions beforehand do to his highly alerted appearance from the comics.

The effects from Electro were also phenomenal.

Rhino and The Green Goblin made brief appearances and while I thoroughly enjoyed The Green Goblin's time I thought Rhino's mechanized suit was too great a transition from his comic form.

Any other thoughts?

Offline JoshVi

• JoshVi
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Trying to be EcoFriendly
Re: Amazing Spider-Man 2
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 03:17:51 am »
I liked it but was looooong...
Nudity leads to true freedom!

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2014, 05:44:36 am »
Yeah I thought that this movie wasn't amazing but it was spiderman. Wished it ended after the battle with the electric smurf thought

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 10:32:45 am »
I went to see it yesterday with a friend. I thought it should have ended in the clocktower. It was ok overall. I dont.often watch comic book movies but I was able to get into this one. The character building and relationship development was pretty good I thought. I was disappointed that we didn't see Norman as Green Goblin but I understand that it wouldn't have worked in the film. Rhino was disappointing too, way too over the top. Electro was cool though I wish we saw more of him.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline paloseco

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 03:29:36 am »
I recently saw it too and agree that it should have ended at the clock tower. It was a heavy scene and I feel everything that came after it diminished it a little. Overall, I loved the movie (Electro, this take on Harry, seeing the Dr. Octopus tentacles in the background) and am excited to see the sequels.

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2014, 12:58:50 pm »
I hadn't really thought about it before, but I suppose ending at the clock tower would have made it a more powerful ending, but I see that they didn't want to end it on such a sad note.

I was also amused to see all the villain apparatuses in Oscorp.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2014, 09:49:44 pm »
I also enjoyed it although I thought rhino and goblin felt shoehorned in. The one villain would have been enough.  I know they are trying to rush the sinister 6 in but it didn't feel like any of them got enough time. It worries me that the eventual sinister six filn happens it will feel just as rushed.
what's to say?

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 12:50:52 am »
I definitely felt Rhino was stuck in there unnecessarily and in a half-assed manner, but I really liked the Green Goblin. Ithought this rendition was far better than the one from the first set of movies.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 04:00:45 am »
I just got back from watching this highly anticipated sequel. It was a little longer and slower than I anticipated, but the extra time left a lot more room for character development especially between Peter and Gwen.

On the action end of the spectrum Electro made a very formidable villain despite my apprehensions beforehand do to his highly alerted appearance from the comics.

The effects from Electro were also phenomenal.

Rhino and The Green Goblin made brief appearances and while I thoroughly enjoyed The Green Goblin's time I thought Rhino's mechanized suit was too great a transition from his comic form.

Any other thoughts?

In the "Ultimate" line of Marvel Comics, Rhino is a dude in a Mechanized suit, so it's fine, really. Much like how "Ultimate" Nick Fury is modeled after Samuel L. Jackson, which is why he's played by him in the movies...

Offline paloseco

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2014, 04:10:52 am »
Personally, I didn't like Rhino (the suit looked great, though). However, I did enjoy Green Goblin's role in the movie. His transformation after taking the spider venom looked great, in my opinion.

Norternmike24

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 12:08:49 am »
I watched it this weekend. While it wasn't a great movie, I remained entertained throughout most of it. They did a great job of building Gwen and Peter's relationship and I was satisfied with how it ended. Though I kind of wish they hadn't popped in the Rhino. That could have waited for their Sinister Six movie. Their rendition of the Green Goblin was...... interesting. 

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 08:53:00 am »
 :3145
I watched it this weekend. While it wasn't a great movie, I remained entertained throughout most of it. They did a great job of building Gwen and Peter's relationship and I was satisfied with how it ended. Though I kind of wish they hadn't popped in the Rhino. That could have waited for their Sinister Six movie. Their rendition of the Green Goblin was...... interesting.
what's to say?

closetnudist

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 08:59:37 am »
I just saw this last night and I actually really liked the ending. I thought it sent a very positive message about moving on after a loss, even though the person will always be a part of you. I'm actually going through something similar right now with one of my friends. Ok, maybe not quite as extreme as this movie, but we've been close for about three years now, but I feel like we've drifted so far apart that it's not going to work out in the end. There was so much more I wanted to do with her, but I'm learning to move on, and seeing that message in the movie was very helpful.

Spider Andrew, is that you?

Yeah.. I know that feeling too..

Riot.EXE

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2014, 12:59:09 am »

Well, Harry WAS a Goblin in the comics, but he was Hobgoblin. Oh well...

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2014, 01:28:20 am »
Harry was the second Green Goblin after Norman's apparent death back in the 80's I believe.