Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What frustrates the most as a naturist?  (Read 3298 times)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
What frustrates the most as a naturist?
« on: May 10, 2014, 10:26:22 am »
I believe that everything in life has upsides and downsides – the same is of course the case for naturism, nudism, clothes free or whatever you choose to call people like me who like being nude.

In this blog post i will focus on the parts that frustrates me and apparently also other naturists. I believe that there are three key points that frustrates the most.

Acceptance

It seems to be hard for meny people to accept naturism, they think that a nude person intimidates their social sphere. They believe that naked people intimidate their sphere – and thus trespassing their private boundaries.

In reality, it probably tells more about the person than about naturism. It often seems like the people who fear the nudity the most is also the persons who is distancing the most from their inner self. They seem afraid to show who they really are and trapped in their own low selfesteem.

I would love if some of these people tried going to a naturist beach for a day, and stayed nude for a day together with other nude people. Soon they would discover that they would find much more inner peace and acceptance of who they are.

Sex focus

There is a huge misconception about people who love to be nude – a lot of people think that naturist/nudist etc. is all about sex. IT IS NOT about sex – I do like sex, but being nude has nothing about sex for me. It is about feeling free and enjoying being in my natural state.

I like being nude because it feels confortable and I enjoy being with naked people because being naked with people makes us all equal. We all have our assets and our flaws and that is actually ok – I actually like that.

When you are nude you have nothing to hide. This also shows, in the way that nude people interact with each other.

Hard to find places

Depending on where you live in the world, it can be really hard to find places where nudity is allowed. Some countries and states has none or nearly non nude places.

In Denmark it is actually legal to be nude on all beaches except a handfull or so. But that doesn’t mean it is accepted that you practice skinny dipping and a bare tan on the beach. That said it is actually easy to find a beach where it is accepted to go nude. The same can be said about Germany, France, Spain and Portugal – but if I take a look on Asia it is nearly impossible to find a place to go nude. My impression is that it is actually also not that easy to find spots to be naked in the US.

I have asked the question “As a naturist what frustrate you the most?” on Twitter, Google+ and Facebook. Many of you have said that it is frustrating that it is hard to find Clothing Optional or Naturist places. Places is either hard to find or is far away from where they live – that is frustrating.

That is also one of the reasons why I write posts on my blog about naturist places when I learn about them.
Some of the answers I got on Social Medias

I asked on Google+, Twitter and Facebook “As a naturist what frustrate you the most?”

Here are some of the answers:

• People who think we are weird, because we bare all
  • the lack of places like swimming pools that have nude sessions
  • Lack of places such as parks with clothes-optional sunbathing
  • Not having a backyard. Any sunbathing must be done on a balcony.
  • The fact that a great number of people think that as soon as clothes are removed, we adopt a completely different set of morals
  • our inability to disabuse others of their mistaken ideas about nudity always equaling sex / perversion / swinging.
  • Not being able to be nude in my own yard.
  • Having to drive an hour to get to my closest resort. Also the general prudish nature of some people
  • Bad weather!!!

http://spotnaked.com/what-frustrates-the-most-naturist/3944/

I agree with most of the points in this article. Certainly all of the user comments. What frustrates you about naturism?

« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 10:27:54 am by chrisw91 »
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Offline mars1692

• Guy Talk
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: What frustrates the most as a naturist?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2014, 10:28:06 pm »
Well, I can say I also agree!  :3145

What annoys me the most is finding a place close by.  There used to be a nude beach 5 min. away at my local lake but that was like 50 years ago so it doesn't exist anymore.  :angry: :angry:

Norternmike24

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2014, 10:47:50 pm »
The lack of a place to practice socially or at least out of my house is pretty frustrating. The other frustration is the misconception of nude=sexual. It's one of the reasons not many people know I'm a nudist.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2014, 12:06:26 am »
summer being the only time to be social eg at the local naturist beach
nude is natural

Nudielad

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2014, 10:34:33 am »
All sorts of things!

- Nearest beach is an hour and a 1/2 drive
- My garden is overlooked by another house so I can't even sit out nude, unless it's early morning
- Being nude in the house is very limited, unless 1.) Nobody is home or 2.) In my room or of course the bathroom and in between

Offline Bradythedog

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 05:21:41 pm »
Most frustrating...

People look upon you as a perv (male)/Slut(Woman)

My neighbor who climbs on the fence which is supposed to keep him from my yard (peeping). I'd like some privacy

People who have SUCH body hangups yet walk around in the skimpiest clothes and then say to you "What are you looking at?"

Offline quintinrb

• Read-Only
  • Topless with bottoms
  • nude greetings from south africa
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 07:00:07 am »
Definately winter and the fact that I cannot find any naturists in my area to hang out with.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 08:09:37 am »
Yeah. Deffo with the lack of availability/location bit...
what's to say?

Offline David B

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 08:23:48 am »
Not having anything place close by. Everything is 1-2 hours away which equates to 2-4 hours with SoCal traffic haha.

Not being able to step outside and relax without having any privacy or being allowed to since im in an apt building.
 I also agree with all the other things said above

luvthemgiants

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 12:45:47 pm »
Not having a backyard. Any sunbathing must be done on a balcony.

that is until i buy a house after Christmas :)

INnudeguy

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 01:31:35 pm »
being 16 and not being allowed into most nudist venues for being underage.  and yes I get why that's the frustrating part.