Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: X-Men: Timeline and Focus on Wolverine  (Read 1326 times)

andrewg

X-Men: Timeline and Focus on Wolverine
« on: June 06, 2014, 01:44:08 am »
There has been a lot of talk online with the recent release of X-Men: Days of Future Past regarding the timeline continuity issues and the focus on Wolverine by the X-Men, and Wolverine, franchises.

I am keen to hear peoples thoughts on this.

Do you think there are timeline continuity issues and if so, what are they?
Do you think they focus too much on Wolverine and if so, which mutant would you like to see given a bigger role?

OR

Do you just not read into it that much and simply enjoy the movies?

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
  • Referrals: 0
    • fresh direction
Re: X-Men: Timeline and Focus on Wolverine
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 08:58:20 am »
I try not to fanboy rage so much with marvel films for one reason.  There are so many different versions in the comics already.  Theres the mainline continuity, ulitimate, xtreme, so many alternate futures and all the historical and steampunk arcs. Even the cartoon series' had different canonical storylines.  I just look at the movies as another alternative. 

As for the wolverine thing I think it is because he is a) A popular character, especially with younger viewers and b) is gorgeous and keeps taking his clothes off and  so is just appealing.  Lol
what's to say?

Offline Riley_Gautier

• Chris' girl <3 Logans future mummy
  • Nude without Towel
  • My body is a canvas - to a growing baby boy
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 10:14:25 am »
As for the wolverine thing I think it is because he is a) A popular character, especially with younger viewers and b) is gorgeous and keeps taking his clothes off and  so is just appealing.  Lol

I couldn't agree with more to be honest. Always nice to see someone else that appreciates Hugh Jackman ;)
Can't wait to be a mummy <3

DutchNudist21

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 10:50:29 am »
I try to just enjoy the movies without worrying too much since I'm not that big of a fanboy and I've never read any of the comics (unlike my friends). I think Days of Future Past created a nice possibilty to remake X-Men 1,2,3 in an alternate timeline. As for Wolverine I agree with Gman, and he's probably the most badass.
I'd like to see a movie about focused on Magneto though, since he's like my 2nd favourite character.

Norternmike24

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 11:32:54 pm »
The movies are separate from the comics so I've never had a problem with the stories they try to tell.....just when they tell them badly. Thankfully Days of Future Past gives them a chance to rewrite history and hopefully do away with some if their poorer choices(Last Stand and Wolverine:Origins).

Yay for time travel!