Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Painters Unite!  (Read 1319 times)

Offline taylovely

• Female Chat
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Painters Unite!
« on: June 10, 2014, 09:11:02 pm »
Hey there you lovely creative people. I'm having a serious painter's block. I know I want to use a 24x30 canvas and oil paints. I also think that I want at least part of it to be a landscape. For a lot of my work, I juxtapose the position of childhood vs. adulthood by challenging the line between arts and crafts. I kind of want to keep this theme. That being said, I have no idea what I want the painting to be of. So let's unite and pull ideas! Please!

So I have a few questions for you!
-What is your favorite childhood memory and what, in your adulthood, reminds you of it?
-What songs really make you feel gnarly?
-If you had to pair a landscape to some moment in life, what would the landscape and life event be?
-In what ways do other adults grind your gears?

And anything else you might want to add! Experience with a similar subject, advice, etc. Also, if you have anything artsy you would like to pull ideas for, feel free to post about that!
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline darkstarmoon93

• BANNED
  • Casually Dressed
Re: Painters Unite!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 02:54:10 am »
Favorite childhood memory is definitely going on picnics with my family during out summer breaks. I am always reminded of this whenever I make a homemade veggie sandwich because thats what we used to always eat on our picnics. It sounds really strange, not really sure why my mind makes that connection every time.

rumblestrip

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 04:13:16 am »
 I Might Be Wrong by Radiohead

Offline nudetotheworld

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 09:48:03 am »
Hey there you lovely creative people. I'm having a serious painter's block. I know I want to use a 24x30 canvas and oil paints. I also think that I want at least part of it to be a landscape. For a lot of my work, I juxtapose the position of childhood vs. adulthood by challenging the line between arts and crafts. I kind of want to keep this theme. That being said, I have no idea what I want the painting to be of. So let's unite and pull ideas! Please!

So I have a few questions for you!
-What is your favorite childhood memory and what, in your adulthood, reminds you of it?
-What songs really make you feel gnarly?
-If you had to pair a landscape to some moment in life, what would the landscape and life event be?
-In what ways do other adults grind your gears?

And anything else you might want to add! Experience with a similar subject, advice, etc. Also, if you have anything artsy you would like to pull ideas for, feel free to post about that!

If you're still working on it (even if you're not too and can use it for other creative pieces) here's my response...

What is your favourite childhood memory, and what in your adulthood reminds you of it?
Playing outside in my big backyard, riding my bike, running around and playing with tree branches. When I go exploring in the city I live in, or when I travel to new places, as an adult I feel that fun exploratory feeling of adventure I had as a child...

What songs really make you feel gnarly?
Not sure which definition of gnarly you're going with...
The gnarly which means good, awesome, rad, extreme: 'Funny Break - One Is Enough' (Weekend Ravers Mix) by Orbital
The gnarly which means bad, horrid, traumatic: 'Breathe' by The Prodigy

If you had to pair a landscape to some moment in life, what would the landscape and life event be?
Landscape: Barren, salt affected land
Life event: Miscarriage of a child

In what ways do other adults grind your gears?
Saying one thing, but really meaning something completely different...

I look forward to hearing if you plan to use this or not  :smiley: