Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Life Model / Figure Drawing  (Read 2734 times)

Offline darkstarmoon93

• BANNED
  • Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
Life Model / Figure Drawing
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:59:49 am »
Anyone in here worked / volunteered as a life model? What was your experience like? How did you go about finding opportunities to work as a life model? I've been wanting to volunteer as one, but dont know where to get started (been looking for opportunities in the Chicago area) or if there are any prerequisites. I just think it would be a fun thing to try :) Would love to hear peoples experiences either working as or with one of these models.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
Re: Life Model / Figure Drawing
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:18:23 am »
I have.

It happened just before Christmas, and I was hoping to get some more cash for presents that year. I had given my contact information to the local community colleges head of arts department. And I had to wait very long until they phoned me back. I was a bit nervous when I arrived at the school, but it soon vanished as I saw the room and the people, some were familiar faces from other art group I attended, the teacher was nice enough and explained how the following two and a half hours were going to be. It started with a number of quick poses, for the students to practice fast sketching - 5 minute pose, 3 minute pose, 2 minute pose, 1 minute pose. And after that it was a series of longer poses, 20 minutes at a time and moving on the next pose, or doing the same pose for a longer time. With pauses in between of course.

In the end it was quite simple job. You follow the advice of the teacher about the next pose - if she had one particular in mind. Otherwise it was very much up to me what kind of pose I would strike. I had a very good experience.

And there aren't really any prerequisites, all kinds of models are needed - but it takes some effort to keep a pose.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 09:21:37 am by Northman »

Offline taylovely

• Female Chat
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 06:22:10 pm »
I have not worked as a life model, but I have worked with them plenty of times. Contacting local colleges would probably be the easiest way, but you could also email some artist studios and see if they need a new model.

The only advice I strongly recommend is that you somehow consume a decent amount of caffeine before you start. I had too many models that would start to fall asleep after only 20 minutes and sitting still.

If you find a place to model, though, I'd love to hear about your experiences!
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Offline darkstarmoon93

• BANNED
  • Casually Dressed
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2014, 11:54:30 am »
 Thanks for sharing your experience / advice guys :) I actually was able to get in touch some collage students that go to an art school around where I live! I've set something up for this coming weekend! So pretty excited about that. Will let you know how it goes :) it won't be a whole class or anything, just an individual who needed a model but is rather my first time not be a huge class :)

INnudeguy

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2014, 01:01:56 pm »
 :2345  good luck

Offline Jamie

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • What's Up!?!?
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:47:08 pm »
I have always have had an interest in being the life model for figure drawing but was always turned off by the fact that you had to keep a pose for a long period.

I am one of those people who if I have an itch, I need to scratch it.

I prefer photography as it allows for more frequent movements.
Always up for chatting - Message me!

lvxandlight

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 03:43:29 am »
I hear this pays pretty well.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2014, 06:39:52 am »
I have a couple of times. It was good. Bit of easy pocket money. 
what's to say?

Offline Bas

• Nude without Towel
  • I like to be nude whenever possible. :)
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2014, 06:42:16 pm »
Thanks for sharing your experience / advice guys :) I actually was able to get in touch some collage students that go to an art school around where I live! I've set something up for this coming weekend! So pretty excited about that. Will let you know how it goes :) it won't be a whole class or anything, just an individual who needed a model but is rather my first time not be a huge class :)

And? How did it went? Did you like the experience? I've never done something like this, and I'm not too sure if I'd... Curious to hear your stories! :)

Offline Saltimbanque

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2014, 01:47:15 am »
I took figure drawing classes in college (all the models were old men. Sheesh, can't we see the human body in it's prime for better understanding?) and the teacher told me that it was $20 an hour for the models.

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 05:04:11 pm »
One day i want to try this too :D
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline nudetotheworld

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2017, 09:28:55 am »
One day I'd love to be a life drawing model  :smiley: It's on my nude experiences bucket list  :grin:

Offline Shiden Kai San

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Free ballin'!
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2017, 11:26:20 am »
Meh.  I think I'd rather lead a full-size bear into the studio room and have the students paint/draw that.  It's pretty much the same thing.  Only the bear may be more cute. :D

Offline Pyre

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2017, 08:58:21 pm »
I thought I had already commented on all life drawing threads on the site but it seems this one escaped me!

I worked as a life model for a number of years when I was at uni and also after. I found it to be a very rewarding experience, especially when the artists allow you to see their work as I feel that it's allowing me into their personal space. I actually had one artist give me his drawing during one session, although honestly I don't know what I did with it after all the moving I have done over the past 7 years.

I remember one session during the winter months in Canterbury, UK. We were in this room and I was on a pedestal in the center of the room in a pose. It's dark outside and obviously bright inside and the top of the city wall which has a path running along it was directly at the same level as the window. It took a good 10-15 minutes before the teacher noticed that I was lit up in all my glory for all to see before he stuck some paper up on the windows  :lol

If anyone is thinking of trying it, I would definitely recommend it and it's also best not to wear tight fitting clothes beforehand as they tend to leave lines on you when you take them off! If anyone has any questions I'd be glad to answer them.
"Life's too short, play naked"

Offline kahuna

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 10:42:59 pm »
I just now saw the comments for this post.
I checked with a local artists' center that had life drawing and painting. I learned with the drawing class and then decided to try the painting class. The drawing classes were relatively easy, except for the LONG poses! It is really difficult to hold a pose for a long period of time!! I was a little worried about having an erection, but I guess my comfortableness in naturist settings made this a no issue for me.
The painting classes were especially difficult because the poses were so long. One set of sessions included a female model. That made it more interesting for me. She and I talked before and after class. It was a cool experience!
My advice:  expect to be nervous, don't worry about any erections of any part of your body (men and women!), see if you can take a look at some of the results!!
If God wanted us to be naked, s/he would have had us born this way!