Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Naturist beach review: Playa Isla de Santa Clara, San Sebastián, Northern Spain  (Read 2599 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Dramatic! - a small but perfect beach located on an island overlooking the bay.
View beach in a larger map and mess around with cool Google maps features
Naturist beach review

Playa Isla de Santa Clara, San Sebastián, Guipúzcoa, Costa Vasca, Northern Spain.
This review is just one small part of my series of reviews covering naturist and clothing-optional beaches around Spain - I hope you like it!

General description
This is a little adventure! Take a short boat ride across the bay to this charming little island and spend the day on this tiny, golden sand, clothing-optional beach overlooking the beautiful and much-photographed La Concha beach and town of San Sebastián.

Because the beach on the island is so small (about 30m wide), I recommend you get there early, especially in the summer holidays and at weekends. As with all Spanish beaches, nude sunbathing and swimming are permitted on the beach and you're likely to see a mix of textiles and naturists, so be prepared as you are just as likely to be next to someone in a bikini as a "birthday suit"! If the beach is too crowded, you can wander around the island and find a more secluded place in one of the coves, however that will be rocky and not sandy!

The island has been declared a Historical National Interest Site and in the summer months has a bar/restaurant as well as life guards, so you can swim from the beach, jetty or from the number of rocky coves around the island. There is also a natural swimming pool which fills with sea water at high tide (see photograph below). There are also picnic facilities available on clean, shaded lawns and a lighthouse to explore. What a great day out! To get there, pick up the half-hourly boat service which runs at Easter and then the whole summer from June 1st until September 30th - the trip costs just a few Euros - click here for the web site which has details of timetable and costs.

I hope you like this beach and your day at Playa Isla de Santa Clara - let me know your views of the beach by filling in the comments section at the bottom of this post.

Characteristics
Location: A pretty island in the centre of the bay overlooking San Sebastián
Surface: Fine, golden sand, some rock pools
Bathing conditions: Gentle slope into shallow water
Ease of access: This beach is probably better for sure-footed visitors
How to get there: By boat service from the port (every half hour)

GPS coordinates: 43.321188, -1.999890
Facilities
Sun beds for hire: No
Toilets: Yes
Showers: No
Rubbish bins: Yes
Beach cleaning: Yes
Police: Yes
Restaurants and bars: Yes
Naturist information
Nude only or mixed? Mixed
Family-friendly? Yes
Gay-friendly? Yes
Single lady safe? Yes

From: http://www.bestbarebeaches.com/2014/06/naturist-beach-review-playa-isla-de.html
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline tunick1981

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Awesome! I didn't know this beach

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
Re: Naturist beach review: Playa Isla de Santa Clara, San
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 02:02:21 am »
looks like a great beach  :smiley:
nude is natural

ithildin

Thank you for sharing this blog! I will definitely check it for updates.

Offline rosed

• Topless with bottoms
What ??? I've just visited San Sebastian one month ago and didn't know about it... I heard that Zurriola Beach also in San Sebastian (ans also reviewed in the same blog) is also clothing-optional, but once there I didn't see any naturist...

By the way, thanks for sharing!