Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Topless demonstration in NYC  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Topless demonstration in NYC
« on: June 13, 2014, 03:44:37 pm »

A group of women dropped their bra for the rights to show their nipples. It was “Free the nipple” movement who had gathered for demonstration on Washington Square in New York to show their opposition against censorship of the female body on social medias and the internet in general.

Personally I think it is great that somebody shows the world that we don’t like the censorship. Lina Esco (founder of “Free the nipple” says
- What we do is not about nipples. Free the nipples are our Trojan horse, but it’s about more things that affect us in everyday life.
- It’s not about sitting topless at a cafe, but that a woman can not take the sun topless next to a man who has every right to do so, she continued

Instagram

“Free the nipples” has previously got lot of attention when Bruce Willies daughter Scout Willis took of her shirt in NYC while shopping. She posted the picture on Instagram with the hashtag #freethenipple to set focus on Instagram’s policy which prohibits nudity.

Her comment for the people who don’t like the photo was “My comfort with my body should not be dictated by how others perceive me. However, I don’t wish to force this view on anyone,” and continues “If you don’t like what you see, simply unfollow me.” she tweeted.
Line Esco contributes to the issue of Instagram by saying:

- It’s amazing that Instagram accept images that sell automatic weapons that could potentially kill other people, but they will not allow non-sexual images of a woman who goes topless around New York to raise awareness of the extreme lack of balance in our culture where violence being glorified, and the female body is indecent and offensive,

This kind of demonstrations is in my opinion needed to fight against the growing censorship of nudity on social medias. I really don’t get it why it should be ok to post violence, weapons and stuff like that, but not legal to show a nude body, not even if it is a non sexual image. I really don’t get it – we were born naked and nakedness is our natural state. Weapon is not a natural state and we definitely wasn’t born with a gun in our hands. Why is it that nudity is so dangerous?

www.freethenipple.com

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/