Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: "Here’s What Life On A Nudist Colony Actually Looks Like" (BuzzFeed)  (Read 7100 times)

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Found this article on BuzzFeed, (browsing around the site after seeing this older post  :786) :

Here’s What Life On A Nudist Colony Actually Looks Like [NSFW]
I was a bit suspicious on what I would find due to the dreaded "NSFW" tag, but was pleasantly surprised.

Quote from: David Bertozzi
BuzzFeed Staff
Photographer Laura Pannack observed nudist group, Young British Naturists, a group for naturists aged under 30 and the name for this body of work, to get an inside look into the daily lives of people who prefer to live sans clothing. On the topic of nudity, Laura explains that “nakedness is a concept as much as it is a state of being, and one wreathed in paradox. With it are bound notions of privacy, self possession, jurisdiction. It can connote innocence or sexuality, purity or depravity. It can signify both power and vulnerability, used to liberate or humiliate.”

It is a serie of simple and (imho) tasteful pictures with a few quotes from the YBN.
I thought it might be worth a look, or sharing with stubborn textile acquaintances ^^

Note: The quality of the picture made me hesitate on this board or the "Naturist Arts, (...)".  If you dear mods think it fits better over there, be my guest ;)

Offline biobruin89

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
One question: why does everyone look so miserable?? Is it against the rules to smile at this club?

I feel like I want to hug the girl "catching some rays" to make her feel better!

Offline skycladsusy

• Shouting it out loud
  • BANNED
For most places the NSFW title is correct.

Nudism should be fun, freeing, relaxing and natural. This set of pictures does not portray any of that. It looks like a nude co-ed minimum security prison. If I was a non-nudist and that's the only pictures I had to go on about what nudity is to decide if I'd try nudism, I wouldn't take anything off.

luvthemgiants

they all look so depressed.....

Offline Rockingnature

• Naturist from Mexico looking to meet nudists/naturists worldwide.
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Greetings from Mexico fellow nudies worldwide!
  • Referrals: 17

Yeah, whats the deal with everyone looking all so depressed? Such a gloomy graphic expression of naturism. Or are they being forced to pose against their own will?  :56789  :345
"Art can never exist without naked beauty displayed." William Blake.

Offline Archaewok1

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
I've seen this before, and while some of them do look downcast, a lot of them just have a more serious look on their faces. I don't necessarily take them all as drab. I think it is overall a good article.

andrewg

Smile...

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
Yeah, they do look a bit gloomy, especially the girl 'catching some rays' or the guy with the jelly beans.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

andrewg

Yeah, they do look a bit gloomy, especially the girl 'catching some rays' or the guy with the jelly beans.

How can you be gloomy when you have Jelly Beans? I love Jelly Beans! :3456

luvthemgiants

How can you be gloomy when you have Jelly Beans? I love Jelly Beans! :3456

maybe he planted some, but a beanstalk never grew

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud

Yeah, whats the deal with everyone looking all so depressed? Such a gloomy graphic expression of naturism. Or are they being forced to pose against their own will?  :56789  :345
I think it is because they are British  :wink:

Offline Sik

• Nude without Towel

Ha! Thanks for the explanation!  :345678

Yeah I must admit they lack of that smile aspect.. :P  I thought it might be some kind of an "artistic genre" the photographer wanted to give his pictures  :56789
Anyway I thought it might still be worth sharing ^^

closetnudist

Ha! Thanks for the explanation!  :345678

Yeah I must admit they lack of that smile aspect.. :P  I thought it might be some kind of an "artistic genre" the photographer wanted to give his pictures  :56789
Anyway I thought it might still be worth sharing ^^

Maybe I should go there and spread happiness and bring forth smile to everyone. ^_^

On the side: Is smiling against the culture of the British? I'm asking because in Russia, its not good to smile on strangers or acquaintances. In Philippines, we encourage smiling even in the midst of hardships.

Womberling Wurzel

The reason we are gloomy is we live on an island where it rains 364 days a year and 365 in a leap year.  We normally only have one day of summer.  That's why.

Jackthenudist

British people are never happy when it comes to the weather.

When it's warm, they moan and wish it was cooler. And when it's cool, they moan and wish it was warmer.  :345