Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: What to Watch?  (Read 5449 times)

andrewg

What to Watch?
« on: June 15, 2014, 06:59:32 am »
I have a number of TV Shows on the go but many are on, or are about to go on, a break. :cry:
So I thought I would start a thread for people to recommend TV Shows to watch. No particular genre, anything and everything.

And go...!!
 :564

Offline biobruin89

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Re: What to Watch?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2014, 07:02:17 am »
Orange is the New Black! Lovin that one right now.

And obviously, if you haven't seen Breaking Bad yet it's one of the best out there.

I've heard Silicon Valley is good, but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.

andrewg

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2014, 07:03:08 am »
If I was to recommend a TV Show at the moment it would be Vikings. Two great seasons and another one on the way!

Check it out - http://www.history.com/shows/vikings
IMDb - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299
tv.com - http://www.tv.com/shows/vikings

andrewg

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2014, 07:06:13 am »
Orange is the New Black! Lovin that one right now.

And obviously, if you haven't seen Breaking Bad yet it's one of the best out there.

I've heard Silicon Valley is good, but haven't gotten a chance to check it out yet.

Watching the second season of Orange is the New Black now - Great show!

I tried Breaking Bad when it first came out but I couldn't get into it. I think I was watching too many different shows at once... :shocked: Definitely will give it another chance!

Haven't heard of Silicon Valley. Will check it out - Thanks!
Have you seen Suits? You might like that.

Offline biobruin89

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2014, 07:13:54 am »
Watching the second season of Orange is the New Black now - Great show!

I tried Breaking Bad when it first came out but I couldn't get into it. I think I was watching too many different shows at once... :shocked: Definitely will give it another chance!

Haven't heard of Silicon Valley. Will check it out - Thanks!
Have you seen Suits? You might like that.

I haven't started Suits yet (like you, so many shows at once! haha). Looks really good though and I have some friends who swear by it. It's on my list for sure.

Haven't heard of Vikings yet! I'll check it out, although I tend to be less into the historical/fantasy genres (never got into Game of Thrones for example). thanks for the suggestions!

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2014, 07:17:02 am »

This show is quite an intense crescendo. A lot of people said they found it too slow but hang on, it start slow (but still very enjoyable IMHO), quickly gains intensity and bring that intensity higher and higher to levels you were previously unaware of.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

andrewg

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2014, 07:20:19 am »

This show is quite an intense crescendo. A lot of people said they found it too slow but hang on, it start slow (but still very enjoyable IMHO), quickly gains intensity and bring that intensity higher and higher to levels you were previously unaware of.

I have been told that it gets better, Don't think I gave it enough of a chance. Will definitely give it another go.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2014, 07:29:44 am »
I have been told that it gets better, Don't think I gave it enough of a chance. Will definitely give it another go.

Just don't put two much time between episodes in the first season (first 7 episodes) and you'll be hooked.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

andrewg

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 08:02:03 am »

Just don't put two much time between episodes in the first season (first 7 episodes) and you'll be hooked.

I'll let you know how I go :)

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 08:05:27 am »
If you haven't seen any of it yet I would recommend The Mentalist. The first two seasons are awesome. You could also go back to any shows that you missed years ago, like Prison Break or Lost (though I wasn't a fan of that).
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

andrewg

« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 08:08:00 am »
If you haven't seen any of it yet I would recommend The Mentalist. The first two seasons are awesome. You could also go back to any shows that you missed years ago, like Prison Break or Lost (though I wasn't a fan of that).

My brother in law is a huge Mentalist fan and has been trying to get me to watch it. I have seen a couple of episodes and it looks good.

I have have seen all of Prison Break. Really enjoyed that show!

luvthemgiants

« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2014, 04:42:30 pm »
The Mentalist is a decent watch. like Psych without the comedy

Offline chrisw91

• Mmmm lasagna
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Hey guys, Im Chris. Im 23 and from UK
  • Referrals: 2
    • My Coin of the Realm!
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2014, 05:42:49 pm »
Patrick Jane ( 'The Mentalist') has been my favorite TV character for a few years now. Simon Baker is great. The reason I said to watch the first 2 season's is because it has gradually gone downhill since then in my opinion. To the point that the season just finished has become very generic and is just like every other murder investigation show except with psychology rather than forensics.
I became aware of my destiny: to belong to the critical minority as opposed to the unquestioning majority.

Jackthenudist

« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2014, 06:54:50 pm »
I echo the people suggesting Breaking Bad. It does start off slow, but gets better and better as it goes along. Season 4 being the highlight.

I also really enjoyed the first season of Marvel Agents of Shield recently.

hide_and_seek_92

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2014, 07:20:00 pm »
@biobruin89: I've seen the first two seasons of "Suits" recently and I can highly recommend it. Although they can't keep up the tempo of the first episodes, I like their sense of humor very much!