News of IYNO and Announcements > FAQ and Information!

@Mentions

<< < (2/4) > >>

nudistboy26:

--- Quote from: Delta on July 05, 2014, 09:39:26 am ---
--- Quote from: AndrewG on July 05, 2014, 08:26:01 am ---Cheers to @Delta for making it all happen!
--- End quote ---
This is precisely why I was against it. Just prefixing any name with @ is one of those Twitterisms I find every bit as annoying as hashtags. I hope this is going to be used in a more sensible way after the initial excitement is over. You know, like the @-syntax was used before Twitter, at the beginning of a paragraph to indicate it concerns a certain previous poster, or maybe in a line of its own to invite someone to the discussion.

--- End quote ---

Yes, it should only be used sparingly when wanting to make an important point to someone, that you want to make sure they get.
But for that its very useful.

andrewg:

--- Quote from: Delta on July 05, 2014, 09:39:26 am ---
--- Quote from: AndrewG on July 05, 2014, 08:26:01 am ---Cheers to @Delta for making it all happen!
--- End quote ---
This is precisely why I was against it. Just prefixing any name with @ is one of those Twitterisms I find every bit as annoying as hashtags. I hope this is going to be used in a more sensible way after the initial excitement is over. You know, like the @-syntax was used before Twitter, at the beginning of a paragraph to indicate it concerns a certain previous poster, or maybe in a line of its own to invite someone to the discussion.

--- End quote ---

I did that just for you Delta  :wink: The first and last I promise!  :laugh:

Lang:
this is amazing. well done!

Dan:
I think it can be useful, I stop watching threads when I think the conversation turns stale even though it may go on for pages.

So now if someone mentions me I'll know.

P.S.: Gratuitous mention of @Delta

dooley1001:
I like this new feature :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version