Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy  (Read 4995 times)

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
    • Absolute Freedom
Re: Guardians of the Galaxy
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2014, 10:09:46 am »
It was a fun origin movie. I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Now I want to see it again to see Nova Prime for these CGI issues you speak of. CGI effects have to be exceedingly cartoony for me to really notice especially if it is a setting versus a character. I felt Groot and Rocky were well done. I never felt I was watching something that was clearly digital like in the original Spider-Man movies where he looked distinctly Gumbi-like when they went digital.

I suppose as Rocky, Groot, and Drax were primarily supporting muscle and gun characters I didn't really care what their life histories were. I really can't see that they would be interesting enough to support the Avenger's approach with introductory films. That said throughout the film enough detail was given for me at least with Rocky as you find he was made in a lab and quite sensitive about how he is viewed by humans as nothing more than vermin. I suppose I would have liked to see how he and Groot got together. Afterall I wouldn't expect a giant tree race to be very violent. Drax was in prison for being a revenge rampage which obviously didn't work out well for him. I wouldn't have minded a few minutes of flash back maybe showing the encounter with his family getting killed. That would have provided some added emotion to him. I'm not sure about most people, but I didn't really want to see much of young boy Quill. It would be like watching Bruce Wayne as a child, who cares, there is no story there until the child is old enough to do something on their own. The only relevant bit about Quill was that you learned right away that his father was an alien, and that was who you expected to be picking him up in the ship.

Character wise if the hope was for extensive introductions and back stories like the Avengers I can see the disappointment. As for me I took it as a sci-fi space movie where characters are introduced on the fly and given what little verbal back story and emotion that can be crammed into those 30 second intros. Sure it is not ideal, but for Marvel making such a different movie I'm betting the motivation was to keep the excitement going to make it as overall popular with the masses as possible. Hopefully when it gets a sequel they will spend some time showing more of the characters histories. I'm certainly interested to see what Star Lord's dad is like.

I guess when I get the movie I'll have to listen for all these penis jokes. If I think a joke is stupid or crass it usually just goes in one ear and out the other, so I have no memory of this as an issue. The only joke I recall that I was shocked about was Gamora going into the ship commenting on it being disgusting and Star Lord commenting to Rocky about a Black Light. That was a bit shocking.

I don't know who Jackson Pollock is, so that reference would have been lost on me.

I was hoping that Drax's rocket launcher would have killed the girl too, that would have been a more unique way to go rather than the standard girl fight.

I suppose the end of every super hero film is predictable. When was the last time the good guy lost in some shocking and horrific manner. Serenity was the last film I saw where good guys started dying and I wasn't really sure who was going to make it.

I will definitely be checking out the graphics and dick jokes next time I see the film, and hopefully they spend a little more character time in the next film.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
    • fresh direction
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2014, 01:01:16 pm »
Jackson pollock is a modern artist known for splatter paintings.the refrence is that there would be so much semen splattered about that it would be similar.

I agree that all superhero films tend to be predictable but I just felt the "my friends are my strength" ending was trite. A climactic slugfest would have been more appreciated if equally cliche. 

I need a reason to get behind a character. I need to either relate to/empathize with their plight or feel some sort of emotion towards them in order to want them to succeed.  I didn't have enough information for that to succede. I agree that solo films for the characters wouldn't work but the first film should have been less action, more development, then let the nextone be a romp. Look at series like batman, pirates of the carribbean or the new star treks. Film one: establish character and some action set peices. Film two: more fights, more action.  ( we won't mention the woeful third pirates movie) . This means that sequels can be less concerned with background because you already relate to the characters.
what's to say?

Offline JoshVi

• JoshVi
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Trying to be EcoFriendly
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 06:02:59 pm »
Awesome movie!, i wanna be green as Gamora!
Nudity leads to true freedom!

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 12:41:35 pm »
 :e4444
It is a pity that people don't come in more vibrant colors. Although knowing most people it would just result in more hateful discrimination. I'm just thinking about how cool it would be if a blue person and a red person could make a purple baby! Hahahaha

Offline JoshVi

• JoshVi
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Trying to be EcoFriendly
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 09:06:45 pm »
:e4444
It is a pity that people don't come in more vibrant colors. Although knowing most people it would just result in more hateful discrimination. I'm just thinking about how cool it would be if a blue person and a red person could make a purple baby! Hahahaha

:e2w
Nudity leads to true freedom!

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2014, 03:00:43 pm »
That'd be so amazing. I'd totally have a rainbow family. 
what's to say?

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2014, 09:44:47 am »
:-D

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2014, 12:12:53 pm »
Love it. I want purple kids. Ha ha.me and james are both white so we may have to dye them  :345678
what's to say?

Offline werecuddle

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm leaving Guam coz of NoKor
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2014, 02:39:12 pm »
i avent watced it yet.. is it really tat 9ood?

Offline Rob N

• Rob
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
    • Absolute Freedom
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2014, 07:38:33 pm »
Just fill a bathtub with dye and soak for several minutes. Make sure to rotate and briefly submerge for a completely dyed child!

As for werecuddle I would say absolutely yes see it, but if you read this thread through you will see some debate over the film, as Mr. GMan707 had some criticisms. So read our thread, watch a trailer, and make a decision. If you see it please let us know what you thought.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2014, 08:06:46 pm »
@werecuddle I'd love to hear what you think of it.
what's to say?

Offline werecuddle

• Shouting it out loud
  • I'm leaving Guam coz of NoKor
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2014, 09:52:38 pm »
@werecuddle I'd love to hear what you think of it.

wel.. wat im tinkin9 is tat tis mi9ht be a 9ud movie. id be bothered if no one is talkin9 about it..

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 11:48:34 am »
Oh, everyone's talking about it. I don't think people have talked about a Marvel movie this much since Avengers.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 04:36:36 pm »
It has been very high profile in the media.
what's to say?

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2014, 04:33:58 pm »
Hope i get to see this movie soon :3.
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).