Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ohio anti-abortion leader: Ban public nudity, breastfeeding...  (Read 7789 times)

Offline biobruin89

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/18/ohio-anti-abortion-leader-ban-public-nudity-breastfeeding-because-boobs-promote-gay-pride/#.U_JBSQ3KFFw.twitter

Ohio anti-abortion leader: Ban public nudity, breastfeeding because boobs promote Gay Pride

A prominent pro-life activist has called to ban all public nudity because he said that topless dancers who protested at his church had committed an “offense to God.”

At least six bare-breasted women and other supporters of the Foxhole North club marched in front of the New Beginnings Ministries church in Warsaw earlier this month after the church spent nine years coming to their club to protest nudity.

Dr. Patrick Johnson, who is director of the anti-abortion group Personhood Ohio, responded to the protests by asking Ohioans to call the legislature in support of banning “all public nudity in the state,” according to WSYX.

“I am sick that women can legally bare their breasts to children and to married men against their will in Ohio,” he wrote on his Facebook page following last week’s protest.

Johnson told WSYX that “what they did was an offense to God, was an offense to the public morality, and the legislature should act to criminalize what they did.”

He also argued that women with exposed breasts were the reason that Ohio’s Gay Pride parade was so popular.

“The gay pride parade in Columbus is 500,000 strong – why? Because the women go topless,” he insisted on Facebook. “This is the only one where I’ve seen this level of nudity. San Francisco, Chicago, Washington, D.C. I have never seen the kind of public lewdness I have seen in Columbus, Ohio.”

On Sunday, the Aiken Area Progressive blog pointed out that a ban on all public nudity would also outlaw breastfeeding in public places.

“This is a no-exceptions ban that if enacted, will drop the number of states to 49 in which breastfeeding is legal, and, if enacted, this definitely will violate numerous Constitutional amendments, including the First, 13th and 14th amendments,” the blog observed. “We strongly urge Ohioans to contact their lawmakers and tell them to oppose any attempt to ban public nudity and instead demand that state legislators exempt nudity from Ohio indecent exposure laws.”

It is not currently against the law for women to be topless in public in Ohio.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Ohio anti-abortion leader: Ban public nudity, breastfeeding...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2014, 04:07:40 pm »
I have been rolling in my mind a thought, that it would be interesting to have a live conversation/formal debate with at least one person like this.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2014, 04:09:51 pm by Northman »

Offline Ed

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2014, 09:16:59 pm »
I have been rolling in my mind a thought, that it would be interesting to have a live conversation/formal debate with at least one person like this.
It wouldn't! There are loads of good videos of very articulate, clever people who try to have a reasonable discussion with people like that, and it always goes like the proverbial seagull playing chess :(

NatureForever

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2014, 09:33:44 pm »
An offense to God?!? May God be the judge of that.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2014, 07:39:16 am »
An offense to God?!? May God be the judge of that.

Amen.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2014, 08:35:58 pm »
Im afrade i didnt even get past the first sentence... boobs being gay? Since when! Honestly there are some big idiots in the world today and somehow they keep getting handed the mic. Anoying to see fools amassing crowds who are just cattle who dont think. *sigh* Well i guess i can just ignore everything from this man even if he is anti abortion (im pro life, specifically for my theological belief and background) but that has nothing to do with this.

"because boobs promote Gay Pride" That is only becuase men are prudish and abusive. Women shut them out because the second they see sexualized boobs in their mind its all down hill from there. ( not anti men or anything for that matter. Just so you know where i stand on this)
Sad.

Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Offline Il_lore

• A human being
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2014, 08:53:52 pm »
Banning breastfeeding? It's one of the most natural, beautiful wonders of life and he want to ban it? Because it leads to GAY PRIDE?
Man, sometimes it seems that you have seen the worst... And these people arrives and make you change their mind. Pure madness.
There are a lot of advantages in being naked: no one will disagree on the colors you choose, you won't have spots on your shirt, the swimming suit won't leave a sign on your body and it will be easier to dry off after a bath.

Westernyelp

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2014, 09:20:53 pm »
Nut job has nutty ideas. 

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 10:42:30 pm »
Nut job has nutty ideas.

He's one of the raging hypocrites of the pro-life movement. Life is important but only until birth. As George Carlin said : "Pre-born, you're good. Pre-school, you're fucked."

If you want to be pro-life and consistent you have to be for helping young children and their parents.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline biobruin89

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 11:35:16 pm »
Nut job has nutty ideas.

He's one of the raging hypocrites of the pro-life movement. Life is important but only until birth. As George Carlin said : "Pre-born, you're good. Pre-school, you're fucked."

If you want to be pro-life and consistent you have to be for helping young children and their parents.

:3145

PrinceOfNaturism

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2014, 02:57:28 pm »

Hey! That's what I'm like! :543

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2014, 11:28:27 am »
Who is the editor who thinks this "story" needs oxygen?
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

Offline Bradythedog

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2014, 12:40:41 am »
OK,
Mr. right of the road Christian male here with my opinion and cup of coffee, both equal in value.

I believe that abortion is wrong BUT I'm not on that side of the fence. I cannot get pregnant. So, an abortion is between a woman and God. Please make the right choice but I cannot make you do that.

Also, if you do not believe in abortion because taking a life is wrong, doesn't that also apply to death penalty? Be consistent.

Oh, and as far as an offense to God, I don't speak FOR God, I speak TO God and God directs me to live MY life HIS way. BTW, He told me to stay out of your life. He wants a relationship with you himself, directly, not through me.

I am a friend of God. He wants you as a friend too. Good luck!

Hopefully, I haven't offended you.

Bradythedog.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2014, 01:08:31 am »
I believe that abortion is wrong BUT I'm not on that side of the fence. I cannot get pregnant. So, an abortion is between a woman and God. Please make the right choice but I cannot make you do that.

I disagree.

I believe that we have to minimise the instances where the choice has to come up in the first place. Empirical evidence that better sex education achieves that goal. I also believe that better support for new parents and single parents can enable people to keep children they might not otherwise afford.

I don't believe that Christians should wash their hands by saying "it's between a woman and God", while hounding women so they conform to their own values.

This is between parents (single or otherwise) and society and it's about building a society that minimises unwanted kids, maximises wanted ones and makes the need for abortion as unecessary as possible.

Also, if you do not believe in abortion because taking a life is wrong, doesn't that also apply to death penalty? Be consistent.

If I understand you correctly, you are turning the old argument "if you are pro-life, how can you tolerate death penalty?" around by saying "if you are anti-life how can you be against the death penalty?". Did I get what you are saying correctly?

If so, you misunderstood the argument of the pro-choice camp. If they don't refer to themselves as anti-life it's because they don't believe the fetuses are humans yet.

Even the scriptures seem to support the view that life starts at first breath.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Bradythedog

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2014, 12:09:43 am »
Nope sorry, you took me wrong. If you are pro-life, you cannot be pro death penalty. Life is life.

What I'm saying is I'm a man. I'm not God. I don't judge people. I have my own convictions and those between you and your God are just that. Does that help?