Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ice Hockey  (Read 5903 times)

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Ice Hockey
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2015, 03:14:53 pm »
Awesome - 3 different teams?  How do you keep up?  Are they all competitive (travel) type teams?  Or just for fun? 

Offline Njbandit22

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 03:35:54 am »
Awesome - 3 different teams?  How do you keep up?  Are they all competitive (travel) type teams?  Or just for fun?
school team, tier 1 travel team, and district development team, it can get to be a lot but it's so much fun and totally worth all the time and effort I put into it. Really excited to start coaching some younger kids next season and think it will be an awesome experience, I also just got certified as a referee

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2015, 02:59:41 pm »
Awesome.  Coaching is fun, been there done that, don't like the minor hockey system here so probably won't get into coaching here again for a long time.  Officiating is fun and another version of a team.  It can be exhausting though....we are so short of officials where I live, even with a month off this year for some work on my knee I have done close to 50/60 games.  Not sure on the exact number.  Have 2 more this week - today and tomorrow but am trying to get out of them as I have a nasty cough.

Travel/competitive hockey is for me though.  I can be super competitive (not over the top though) and think I would have a tough time teaching younger players the basics.  Sometimes I can lack patience when it comes to stuff like that.  Not always though.  Would be fun to see you play by the sounds of it you are a solid player.

What position or positions do you play?

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2015, 04:23:22 pm »
So what does everyone think of the NHL playoffs so far?

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2015, 08:33:07 pm »
So what does everyone think of the NHL playoffs so far?

It's exciting to have five Canadian teams in the playoffs this year, although it's sad that four of them have to face each other in the first round. I'm hoping for the Canucks, Jets, and Sens to advance to the second round.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2015, 05:13:29 pm »
I saw a funny political ad about it in the paper.

"You want to kick Ottawa out? So do we."
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2015, 02:36:20 am »
Jets as it stands had way to many injuries by the sounds of it, broken bones, guys needing surgery, so not shocked.  They played playoff all 2015 so far....so not shocked they ran out of gas.

Sens - can't believe they have come back in that series - but they have nothing to lose so why not just go till tank is dry.  Habs still should win this series but they can't seem to play 60minutes lately.

Flames are just crazy, tonight they spotted canucks 3 goals and came back, but as i am writing this Vancouver is up 4 3 again....so will have to see.  But I really don't know what to think about this series....i said last night to friends it wasn't going back to Vancouver.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2015, 11:48:18 pm »
Sens - can't believe they have come back in that series - but they have nothing to lose so why not just go till tank is dry.  Habs still should win this series but they can't seem to play 60minutes lately.

La sainte flanelle won against Ottawa.

I know next to nothing about hockey but it's my patriotic duty to root for them. :)

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2015, 12:45:34 am »

La sainte flanelle won against Ottawa.

I know next to nothing about hockey but it's my patriotic duty to root for them. :)

Due to all my teams losing, I have switched my allegiance to the Habs. The only way I would ever root for the Flames is if they were the only Canadian team in the Final. Haha.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2015, 02:21:24 am »
Due to all my teams losing, I have switched my allegiance to the Habs. The only way I would ever root for the Flames is if they were the only Canadian team in the Final. Haha.

Way simpler for me, there's only a single team that's not from a foreign nation. So go tricolore! :)

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2015, 12:26:15 am »
MTL seems in tough times right now,   Tampa is definitely getting under there skin and forcing MTL to play from behind.  The Flames/Ducks game from Calgary last night was very entertaining.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2015, 02:25:54 am »
MTL seems in tough times right now,   Tampa is definitely getting under there skin and forcing MTL to play from behind.  The Flames/Ducks game from Calgary last night was very entertaining.

And this is completely eclipsing C-51 that passed today. Did you notice any major channel that talk about it today? None did! None at all.

Offline saskguy_78

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 12:33:00 am »
Nope but not shocking.  Anyways, MTL definitely has turned tide, but down 1 zip after one in Tampa tonight for game 6.  Calgary was in deep against the Ducks.....so not shocking that series is over.  What the heck is Washington doing - NY again this year has come back to force a game 7 tomorrow night.  And of course the Hawks (who are a deep team) just romped over the Wild.  Should be interesting Ducks/Hawks series.