Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values  (Read 51708 times)

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
Re: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »
I also posted this on true nudist, but has the community thought forming an official media Corp?
I did that a year ago. No nibbles. But my specific post was regarding people who were familiar with scripting or sprites since I have no knowledge of coding and my pixel art is... so so. Ideas are a dime a dozen but people who can actually help with a game is a whole other matter.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2016, 10:29:55 pm »
Well if we can get even a small group together we might be able to get some steam.

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2016, 08:21:50 pm »
If anyone has basic knowledge of scripting or pixel art/simple animation skills let me know.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2016, 02:14:02 am »
Have you considered putting together a Kickstarter and hiring a freelancer?

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2016, 01:20:49 pm »
The thought crossed my mind but don't you think it would be better to have one made by naturists?
I taught myself the art and coding stuff but I'm not amazing at it. And it's just a lot of work for one person.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2016, 12:43:33 am »
I think to kick such a project off, it would be most helpful to be as open as possible to the different possibilities. Hiring a freelancer shouldn't have to much of a negative effect, especially if our intentions are made clear from the onset.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2016, 04:33:27 am »
I am attempting to see if I can get more of a push at school.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2016, 02:42:56 am »
It just came to me, imagine a nudist resort simulator. Does anyone know o any owners of a nudist resort that might be able to be talked into creating such a game (to be opened on steam)?
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 02:57:13 am by Dogoegma »

Offline bolodepan

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2017, 11:25:59 am »

I have the video game developer.
[/size]I have funding possibilities.
[/size]But I'm absolutely not in the video games stuff. I have no interest on it. But I think video games could be useful to promote naturist values towards the youngsters.
[/size]
[/size]So, I ask to those among you who love video games.
[/size]
[/size]If you'd be in a project to create a video game to promote naturist values,
[/size]how would it look like?
[/size]
[/size]Which type of game? Which demographics? Which features? Etc.
I think a 2D or 3D graphic adventure, point and click, could be a great idea, the people you meet and talk it's naked in the middle of nature.

Or and RPG in a forest where nudity is the "norm".

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
  • Art is the most powerful tool to change the world!
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2020, 08:22:10 pm »
So... in the comment section of this post (https://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,29420.0.html ), by @jermazing, talking about my game Swords and Claws (https://colonellazuli.itch.io/swords-and-claws ), @Cle Leftwrite mentioned that talked to me and I had some other game ideas.

After I created an account here, @Northman asked me to talk about some of them… and so here I am!

But before talking about my other game Ideas, I will explain a bit about what I had in mind when I decided to create Swords and Claws.

Well… In the beginning… I just wanted to play an online nudist/naturist game… ^^; … but I’ve found none, so I decided to create one!
And by a nudist/naturist game, I mean, literally any kind of game depicting nudity as something normal. A game that had the characters nude, but that was not the focus of the game… Instead of it, the game would have its own story, characters and everything normally, and the nudity wouldn’t be more than a single detail.
As I often says, I truly believe that one of the best ways to fight the taboo against nudity, is probably through art and media content depicting nudity as something normal. Stories, movies, comics and games that are interesting by themselves, and nudity is… well… just there.
These kind of things would really help people to stop seeing so many problems with nudity  and having a more natural approach on it just as we do…

So, for this game, I wasn’t being very ambitious. I just wanted to create one single game. Simple, playable on browser and fast to complete, and for that I decided to create a 2D platform adventure!

Now, about why I decided to use anthro characters… Animals, instead of humans.
Basically, due to 3 reasons:

1-   Animals are cute! And they are perfect for games, even for the most generic ones! They make the game more cute and appealing, and they are also good for stablishing characters, once we can use their species as a hint of the character’s characteristics.

2-   Animals are, once again, cute! Due to that, even people who aren’t used to nudity, still tends to be more tolerating towards the nudity of anthro characters.

3-   I wanted the nudity to feel as natural as possible in the game. Something I wouldn’t even have to bother explaining. Animals are naturally nude. In our world they are nude all the time, so people would accept the idea of the characters being nude more easily.

Due to some comments I received… I do believe this idea kind of worked! XD

So yeah… It was supposed to be a one-time thing, but in the end, the game was so well accepted, that I decided to make more!

So for SOME of my games and other future projects, I intend to expand the Swords and Claws universe. But of course, I will not limit myself to only that.

(Be aware… these are just some ideas I had. I won’t grant that I will actually manage to do any of these games… I will try… some… if any of you like one of the ideas, and want to make it, please, do contact me! :))

For the games set in the Swords and Claws universe, I have 3 ideas:

1 – In this “universe” I am creating, there is, in the village of the main protagonist (Nicholas, the cat), this tavern-like restaurant, managed by a raccoon woman, where they go to relax, eat some stuff and just have some good times.
So this first game would be nothing but a restaurant managing game. One of those in which the player have to conduct the customers to their tables, take and serve their order, get money and upgrade the place, as the level goes.

2 – This game would be the “bridge” between the first game and the official sequel. It would be a 2D platformer, just like the original game, but focusing mainly in puzzles and platform challenges, instead of combat.
In this game, we would control an archer fox woman, as she enters an ancient temple to achieve an magical artifact.
This artifact would be a key element on the next game, but I can’t say much more because spoilers! XD

3 – Swords and Claws 2 – Forsaken Kingdom: This would be a 3D platform adventure. The puzzles would evolve, still recurring to the idea of each character being able to perform different actions and interact with different elements of the world. The platform challenge would evolve, with some characters being able to perform some parkour moves, The combat would follow a hack’n slash style, with the characters being able to perform attacks, combos, defense, parry and dodges.
In this game, the main characters of the original game would team up with the fox from the game I just mentioned, to investigate this Legendary Kingdom that, after spending years forgotten, and buried in the desert, mysteriously reappeared.

Now for my games that have nothing to do with Swords and Claws.

1 – This game would be an online third person shooter. But instead of having soldiers using real guns in battlefields, we would have naturists using water guns in vacations environments!
There would be several classic game modes, like team “death” match (the team which defeats more people from the other team would win), capture the flag, everyone against everyone and stuff like that.
For the scenarios, places like nudist resorts, clubs, tropical beaches, waterparks, camps and several others!
The player would be able to customize its own character, but only the weapon of choice would decide the skills (health, speed, jump height…).
The scenarios would be full of traps, like automatic garden sprinklers, pools and water cannons. But there would also be collectibles (water bottles restore the ammo, water balloons would be like grenades, soap bubbles tubes would be like smoke grenades (would create a curtain of bubbles, covering the view), towels would be like the health kit (the player would be able to dry themselves, restoring their “health”) and several others)!

2 – So… has anyone ever played Wii Sports Resort?
I have never been a big fan of sport games… But Wii Sports Resort was different. I am not sure what caused this feeling, but it was always so fun and relaxing to play this game! We always had this “vacation” sensation when playing it! And it was even more fun playing with friends!
Now imagine, how would it be a game just like that, but in a naturist island resort? XD
The player, once again, would be able to create its own character, but it wouldn’t change nothing in the gameplay.
There would be several sports, which would be simple, quick to understand and to play. Easy and practical fun!
Obviously, these sports could be different from the sports from the Wii game. There could be a wide range of options, including things like cavern exploration (finding objects), climbing and even giant foam q-tip battles! XD (I guess I could even add a more simple version of the water guns game as one of the sports)
There would also be an open world!
The player would be able to walk around the resort, exploring it freely. It would also be possible to take vehicles and swim (even underwater, allowing the player to reach secret locations, for example). While on foot, the player would be able to perform parkour moves, but it would also be possible to perform trick while using bicycles, skates or rollerblades.
In the open world, the player would also have side missions and challenges (Such as using parkour moves, or other of these mentioned “sport vehicles” to collect all of the stars in an area, reach a minimum amount of trick points or perform a route within a time limit). The player would also have to seek for hidden tokens hidden around the map, or reach certain locations.
By finding these tokens or locations, the player would unlock new sports or scenarios to do them. Exploring, finding collectable items and ranking up on the sports would unlock new game mods, new equipment appearance (example, new colors or model for the bicycle, or for the tennis racket), accessories, or even new furniture.
The furniture is because it would be cool if the player could have, create and customize its own house in the island!
And of course, all of that with the multiplayer option!

3 – “In the Lands of [AwesomeMagicKingdomName], there is a tree! Not a normal tree, but The Tree of Life. The tree is colossal, and emanates an unmeasurable amount of magical energy. Legends tells, that the spirit of Nature itself lies within its branches, what makes the tree responsible for all of the life in the world!
Due to that, the three is the most sacred thing in this world.
 A gigantic fortress was built around the tree to protect it, and leaders of all nations would cooperate to keep the tree safe.
Even when the world is at war, the surroundings of the tree are forbidden for any acts of violence or destruction, and therefore, the fortress was commonly used for diplomatic negotiations.
However, one day, a brave hero, with its magical weapons and armor, was fighting a powerful monster of the shadows.
After defeating it, the darkness spirit managed to escape from the body, and fly away to the tree, taking over it.
The sacred lands were now a place of chaos and destruction.
The evil spirit used the immense power of the tree to create traps around the fortress, and an army of monsters.
All the humans within the area were destroyed, with only a few managing to escape.
As a final act, knowing that the humans are weak, and strongly rely on their equipment to win battles, the dark spirit managed to use the nature magic of the tree to create a shield around the fortress, which would prevent any kind of inorganic material to get inside.
As an act of despair, the Spirit of Nature used the remaining of its magic and energy to take the form of a small fairy, and go seeking for help, and that is when it finds our hero!”

In this game, the player wouldn’t be able to create the character, but would be able to pick between a male or female.
Due to the shield created around the fortress, our hero didn’t managed to get its equipment inside, and have to go nude to face the spirit of darkness and recover the Tree of Life. However, the hero is not completely unarmed.
The Mother  Nature (in the form of a fairy), gives to the main character powers of nature!
The player can summon and throw leaf swords and weapons and attack with tentacle-like roots as the main attacks. But the hero also have special magic attacks (consumes mana), using different nature elements, such as fire, wind, ice, lightning and others.
The game will be a 3D platform hack’n slash game, strongly inspired in the God of War series combat system.
It will be entirely set in the fortress.
As the game evolves, the player will make several upgrades in its character and unlock new attacks and powers.
Exploring the fortress, the player would find experience and collectibles to power up the health, stamina and mana.
There would also be several shortcuts to be opened, so the traversal around the fortress will be faster.
The scenarios would be inspired in the scenarios of Prince of Persia – Forgotten Sands (Wii version). Like… a fortress in complete ruins, but overtaken by nature, and full of plants and green.
The monsters would also be cool! They would all be a mix, between animals, plants and rocks! (Remember, even though a dark spirit possessed the three, it is still using the nature magic, which was in it.)

So… these are some of my ideas…
Did you like it? XD
If any of you have suggestions, please do tell. And also tell me which of these games you would like the most to become reality! As I probably won’t have time to make all of them, having this kind of feedback would help me to decide which to create!  \(^-^)/

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2020, 07:12:13 pm »
@ColonelLazuli

There is a lot that to which I would love to ask about, but I should start small, the idea on the B-block, nro. 3 - the Corrupted Sacred Tree one ...

-with the barrier that would prevent the heroes from bringing their own equipment with them, could they also be able to find those inside the barrier, like a dramatic scene where the hero finds the remains of a lone knight or something similar. It would be an interesting contrast with a naked hero against the remains of dead knights in their dented and rusted out armors.

-then it is the barrier itself. The concept is interesting, but rather specific. Hero has to take on the quest naked, which is the condition of entering. How do you manage the "forced nudity" - aspect of it with the hero's personal character development? Is nudity just a phase and he will go back to wearing clothes after the adventure is over?

And, I want to say that I like these ideas of yours.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 07:57:39 pm by Northman »

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2020, 01:49:39 am »
@Northman

Thanks! I am glad you liked the ideas!
I really hope one day I will be able to create these games!
Right now, I am still a beginner, yet, today I definitely can make game way better than I could before when I made Swords and Claws, so I guess I could do something really cool if I manage to get the time to do so!

About the barrier... actually I wasn't thinking about it as "being naked is the condition to entering"... The idea I had in mind is that, once the Dark Spirit is using the magic from the Three of Life, that was the only kind of barrier it managed to create. A barrier against anything that is not part of it, against what does not have life. That is why it could only organic material could go through.
Once the evil spirit, when it had a monster body, was so used to fighting heroes and soldiers full of equipments, it didn't even considered that one would dare to leave it behind to try to fight it, and even if anyone does, the spirit didn't see it as a potential threat.

And yeah! Scenes like that, in which the hero end up seeing that all of human's technology and creations will never be match to the power of nature could be interesting!

...Hhmmm...
I actually didn't think that far. If the hero will get back to wearing clothes or not...
Still, one thing I had in mind, is that the hero's perception on nature, including its acceptance of its own nude body would change a lot as the hero progresses in the quest, and talk to "Mother Nature" (in the form of the fairy)

I was even thinking about including a scene, when the hero gets to the barrier, it thinks it is impossible to get in, utill the fairy reveals that the barrier could only prevent unorganic matter to go inside, and that the hero would have to take off the equipments to get in.
The hero would say it is madness (at this point, the hero has all of its confidence only in its own magical equipment, and believes that it would be impossible to do much without it). But the fairy would then reveal that it can borrow some of its power.

Yet, the hero would be hesitating to take of its clothes in front of the Fairy... Would be embarassed. And that is when the Nature Spirit would say something like:
"Seriously? I am LITERALLY nature! Are you afraid of having your body seen by me? Why? I made you humans like that!
Besides! Iam seriously offended that you humans see your own natural form as something to be ashamed of!"
XD

Hhmmm... thinking about it... I guess so. In the end, the hero could keep the nature powers, and decide to still being the protector of the Tree, having not but nature istelf as its ally! It could be cool! XD

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2020, 05:58:38 am »
I can see what you mean about the barrier. It just felt at first glance an 'obvious design flaw' so to speak, from the Dark Spirit ... which it evidently has to compensate by sending in the troops.
It just felt, from a story telling perspective, that it wasn't an 'insurmountable obstacle', which requires 'unconventional methods' and an 'unlikelies hero'. It requires the two latter ones, but I am still a bit at odds with the first. A stronger barrier with a more encompassing rule "None may enter, who hasn't been touched with (Corrupted/Uncorrupted)Nature's embrace" or something like that... something that makes the hero, with the help of Mother Nature, a one-of-a-kind - individual on whose shoulders the weight of the world rests and entering through the barrier with the Mother Nature spirit is a one way thing.

There is also the hero's stance on his state of nudity. He could be from a textile culture, or he could be of a small tribe that worships the nature spirit who don't wear clothes. You would have the options of personal growth and change of heart with Mother Nature contesting the views of the hero from the textile culture, or have the naked tribesman's perspective on everything man made and decaying he finds inside the Fortress and converses with Mother Nature. The point I was thinking at that time was, is the 'personal growth and acceptance of nudity' better than 'nudity is normal from the get-go' for the main character?

Nudity could also be an unsuspected effect of the hero entering the barrier, being helped by the weakened Mother Nature. All that wasn't part of the hero, and under the embrace of the Spirit, decays to dust when passing through the barrier. And then ... something something something...

Sorry, if I am going into the minute stuff. I enjoy studying details, and I like the premise you have created.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:00:32 am by Northman »

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2020, 06:13:01 pm »
@Northman

No worries! Indeed receiving these kinds of ideas is pretty helpfull!
And I actually liked a lot the idea of the hero needing to use the power of nature to get inside, but the armor and equipments being destroyed!

The dialogue in this scene could even change, with the hero not only being embarassed, but becoming completely desperate that the equipments were destroyed. The horo would be not only upset, because it liked a lot the equipment and had it for a lond time, but it would imediately lose all it's hope, believing that, whitout the equipments, he/she is no one... is meaningless...

Here there could be a discussion with Nature, who would explain to the hero that he/she should believe more in itself, instead of thinking to be defined only by it's clothes and equipments.

About baing able to choose a bharacter from a nudist culture from the beginning... I am not sure. I think it would end up ignoring a lot of interesting discussions and dialogues from the game. Besides, while giving to the player the option to choose between a male or a female protagonist would only require for me to create another 3D model, using a character from a completely different culture, with different beliefs would also require for me to recreate all of the dialogues and interactions from the entire game.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2020, 08:56:14 pm »
@Northman

About baing able to choose a bharacter from a nudist culture from the beginning... I am not sure. I think it would end up ignoring a lot of interesting discussions and dialogues from the game. Besides, while giving to the player the option to choose between a male or a female protagonist would only require for me to create another 3D model, using a character from a completely different culture, with different beliefs would also require for me to recreate all of the dialogues and interactions from the entire game.

Not what I mean. I was asking your opinion about which is better from the two possible ways on how s/he sees nudity storywise.