Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values  (Read 51737 times)

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
  • Art is the most powerful tool to change the world!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2020, 01:41:09 am »
 @Northman

Well.. to develop my skills of creating games, I must... create games! XD

That is why the Swords and Claws games are planned to be simple.
They are planned specifically to help me develop my skills! ^^

About the characters in my town?
Well, I haven't planned much of them.

All I know is that all of them are anthropomorphic animals. All of them from mammal species.

We could say we have the characters from the first game, including the enemies (yep! after all of that mess they chilled out and are no longer enemies! XD) and the main character's family.
There are also the archer fox woman, who will appear in Swords and Claws 2. There is the blacksmith horse man that will briefly appear in my comic...

And several other random animals...

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2020, 10:53:06 am »
@ColonelLazuli

Understanable.

Here I thought you might have had an already comprehensive roster of characters of different shapes, sizes, body types and species.  :smiley:

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2020, 11:58:10 am »
@Northman

Ah, I see...

But not yet... Actually, due to the fact I have a really bad memory, and I don’t take notes anywhere, I got used to avoiding creating stuffs in that many details too much time before the moment those thing will be used.

So basically, I just have some of the main characters and some of the characters who interacted and/or will interact with them in future games.

Even so, their personality are as deep as what was necessary for them to act or say what they did...

That is why my universes basically only grows as I create stuff. I actually I constantly imagining stuff, but if I don’t use that idea anywhere, it will probably be gone within a few hours... ^^;

And that is also one of the reasons I don’t get so deep in any of the stories before I start to actually creating them.

But if you want me to think about the characters, like... now... I guess I could. ^^;

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2020, 03:29:29 pm »

But if you want me to think about the characters, like... now... I guess I could. ^^;

Can you tell about the aforementioned raccoon lady and her family and the blacksmith horse man?

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2020, 11:02:06 pm »
@Northman

Actually I didn't plan anything for their families but, about them...

I guess I could say raccoon lady is slightly "chubby".
She is verry passionate for her work. She likes to take care of her tavern, prepare drinks and food and serve it to the customers, and she get really happy when someone likes the food from there.
She also is also pretty sweet and caring. She likes to make friends and keep good relationships with them.
With that, she tries to keep everyone always in a good mood in the tavern.
She is pretty much just as that lovely aunt everyone has! ^^

About the blacksmith horseman, he is tough!
He is a horse who works as a blacksmith, after all... So he is big and strong!
Just as the raccoon lady, he appreciates a lot his work, and is always pleased to know when someone managed to do something incredible with something he forged.
But he is also very nice and caring for his friends, and always likes to motivate them to be the best of themselves.

I guess that is all I could say for now... ^^;

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #65 on: July 06, 2020, 08:05:26 am »
@ColonelLazuli

How will these qualities translate into their visual apperance and mannerisms?
Will there be dialog and corresponding changes in facial expressions to go with their lines?

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #66 on: July 06, 2020, 02:24:03 pm »
@Northman

Well, the gameplay itself will have a simple visual... Kind of a chibi style, and the characters moving around won't have much of a difference in their behaviour between each other.

But if I add dialogues in the game, or at least some "story development" between each levels, I guess I would use something similar to what I did on Swords and Claws. Therefore, I would have the texts appearing somewhere in the screen, and an expanded image of the character that is saying that (or, if is an interaction menu, while the player is talking to someone else, the image of the character the player is talking to).
The visual of the characters would be different from the chibi style, and be a bit more """realistic""".
I was really rushing against time when I made Swords and Claws, and therefore in the game the characters only change their facial expression while they talk to match their personality and what they are saying, but this game I would like to give them different postures and all, making the whole body expressive.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2020, 08:58:52 am »
@ColonelLazuli

So, three-part body proportions against the "normal" 7,5-8 parts body proportions for the gameplay, but "normal" for the in-between story cutscenes and 'speech bubbles'?

Will you make the 'cutscenes' visually look like a comic book? Switching from panel to panel as the voice acting moves forward? That would give you the chance to invest on the artwork and limit the need for animation.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #68 on: July 07, 2020, 02:47:28 pm »
@Northman

Yeah, pretty much like that! XD

And no. THere want be cutscenes, comics, animations nor voice in dialogues. Just some quick dialogues in between scenes or during quick interactions.
As I said, I want this to be a pretty simple and relaxing game... like the kind of game I can play in a side tab while watching a video... I mean... something that people can play without even thinking much about it, so I don't want there to be many options that require much attention or that people think too much about... just something quick and easy to play, without many prolongued interruptions of the flow of the game. 

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #69 on: July 07, 2020, 05:11:26 pm »

:laugh: Aww... Oh well, perhaps best to leave ideas for the sequals  :wink:

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #70 on: July 07, 2020, 06:47:02 pm »

:laugh: Aww... Oh well, perhaps best to leave ideas for the sequals  :wink:

Always leave tasteful sequel bait.

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2020, 09:06:08 pm »
@Northman

Well... as I've said... I really want to expand this universe through more and more media content, so indeed I will have a lot of places to spend the ideas on!  :grin:

and @Dogoegma , indeed, ins some of these content theere will be several hints and links for the future and past ones! XD

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #72 on: July 11, 2020, 01:38:46 am »
The games from the Data Ariane Series kinda do that job of conveying naturist values.
Specifically the latest game: Ariane in Paradise does that well as nudity is not associated with sex for the most part but instead as an enjoyable state.
It is really one of the few games encouraging naturism out there so give it a try I suppose.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates

Offline NakedShadow

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Vivre Sa Vie
« Reply #73 on: July 11, 2020, 06:32:43 pm »
If anyone wants to take my idea for their games they are welcome too.

- A Simcity/Sky Cities where you manage a nudist camp that starts as a camp and you have to evolve it into a park. Bonus points or harder levels can be trying to turn it into a city a la Cap d'agde.
- Sims seems to be a popular and very reasonable choice. Seriously, do everyday things but naked? Why else are we here in this forum?
- Michael Phelps (or non copyright infringing Mike Philips) swims nude with other various nude swimmers. Can be made in VR/motion controls for physical moving
- Harvest Moon/Star drew Valley game where everyone is nude
- Nudist Colony of the dead. An infection has attached everyone wearing clothes thus to not get inflected you have to be naked. First Person Shooter.
- Visual Novel. I'm actually trying to do this one but first I have to learn how to program lol. Make a visual novel where either a character is introduced to nudism or has to convinced someone about it. Can be censored with strategically placed items in front of people for like Steam but uncensored patches be made for those that know where to get them.

Offline Interested Nudist

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • This is America. You can always cut a deal.
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #74 on: July 11, 2020, 06:42:29 pm »
- Visual Novel. I'm actually trying to do this one but first I have to learn how to program lol. Make a visual novel where either a character is introduced to nudism or has to convinced someone about it. Can be censored with strategically placed items in front of people for like Steam but uncensored patches be made for those that know where to get them.

If you are making a visual novel consider using Renpy as your game engine. Will make your game much better. And then you just need to learn Python, one of the more intuitive languages to learn and very powerful too.
Also you will need a good 3d renderer to make the rendered images for your visual novel too.
"It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.” - Socrates