Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values  (Read 51922 times)

Offline Glitchy000

• N Forum Veteran
  • Casually Dressed
  • What is "personal text"?
  • Referrals: 0
    • Glitchy000 - deviantArt
Re: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 07:46:07 am »
I've actually worked on a couple of projects trying to do this very thing. I had lots of issues getting all of the links I wanted to appear to work so I made my own thread about the game Project Skyglass (as I was recommended to do anyway).

http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?topic=20786.msg200567#msg200567

this game for ps3.

this powerful character connects with mother earth.. and as she became closer to it, she has to remove clothing. less clothes more damage!

Interesting concept, but it seems to me more like an excuse for fan-service rather than making a meaningful or normalizing use of nudity :\ It's when her face gets red and teary-eyed with her hands close to her body that makes it look like she's being exploited and "groped" by the camera that makes me uncomfortable.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 05:55:25 am by DrgHybrid »
I'm just trying to normalize nudity while drawing something cute along the way :D

glitchy000.deviantart.com

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2016, 01:55:03 pm »
I had a pitch for a game if you were still interested. The idea is a little Lovecraftian Mountains of Madness RPG game. In essence, in a style reminiscent of Diablo 1, players would brave the depths of an arctic/antarctic base. The idea is that the tribe controlling the base is of a type very comfortable with nudity indoors. The overall game play would feel very horror based but still adventuring capable.

Offline ZackCarr

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2016, 09:55:06 pm »
Nudist Sims?

Maverick

« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2016, 12:31:37 pm »
I've been working on an RPG. But I keep getting distracted.

I'm 1.5 years late to the thread but I would totally play this game (and I don't play a ton of videogames). Earthbound is a great game and one of my all-time favorites. Are you still working on this by chance? And if you don't mind me asking, what software are you using to make it?

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2016, 06:01:32 pm »
@Maverick I still have a lot of the assets but I lost a lot of it when switching computers. (The files got corrupted somehow) I haven't worked on it in a while because I didn't get a lot of feedback. Not to mention I've been working way too much.

Offline Longingtobenude

• Shouting it out loud
  • Hello:)
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2016, 12:55:50 am »
Maybe some kind of jedi like character who looses the force while clothed, or area status effects based on lack of clothing.  Maybe a skill that once learned makes you more powerful, but requires you to be nude.  It be a challenge to incorporate the nudism without it being gimmicky.  It would be sweet though, I'd buy it for sure.

Maverick

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2016, 12:48:18 pm »
Maybe some kind of jedi like character who looses the force while clothed, or area status effects based on lack of clothing.  Maybe a skill that once learned makes you more powerful, but requires you to be nude.  It be a challenge to incorporate the nudism without it being gimmicky.  It would be sweet though, I'd buy it for sure.

I've thought that something like swimming in a game would be better accomplished if your character stripped down and left items behind, or for every piece of clothing and gear the character's ability to move through the water slows down.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2016, 11:56:09 am »

I've thought that something like swimming in a game would be better accomplished if your character stripped down and left items behind, or for every piece of clothing and gear the character's ability to move through the water slows down.

Wouldn't it be more about the depiction of the main protagonist - a strong appealing person, a role-model, who doesn't give the time of day to think of such a trivial thing as clothing. Then it would be a matter of climate, environment, that can physically justify the nude form. Beyond that giving clothing or the lack of clothing a minor to no role.

Then creating an in-game culture that lacks any inter-personal ques that define nudity to be against the public norm. Have a nude person and a clothed person having a normal talk without the 'you are naked, why are you naked, you should put some clothes on'- dialog. One in-game culture could be a prehistoric tribal one, where you can create characters with more colourful appearance in the way of hairstyles, body paints and adornments and work from there, creating factions and relationships between people and groups. Far Cry Primal had a good game-world that could have worked this way too.

One idea; if I would create a game where protagonist would have an interest, a need, to get naked. Player starting in a jail cell covered in a rigid suit (straight jacket) or something that would otherwise have inhibitory function ( @Longingtobenude thanks for the idea) and then you would need to start moving around in the prison complex and find ways to break pieces of the suit off his person, to be more agile, more unencumbered and work through environmental hazards like a sunken ruins of a medical ward ( @Maverick thanks for the idea) or swim away from a prison island. It could be a grim possible cyberpunk future. Or then the protagonist could be the sole prisoner in a rundown prison island and he needs to work out how he got there while getting clues that there is someone else in the prison noticing his absence and then starting a hunting game.

Just a quick idea.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2016, 07:52:09 pm »
Reminds me of the Naked Gun mod for Fallout 3:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout3/mods/13810/?
You need a Nexus Mods account to view it. Basically, you get perks that give you added speed, stealth and dodging capabilities when not wearing clothes, to make nudity a more viable character choice.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2016, 09:03:16 pm »
Wouldn't it be more about the depiction of the main protagonist - a strong appealing person, a role-model, who doesn't give the time of day to think of such a trivial thing as clothing.

Isn't that literally Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen?

Offline TheNudeBot

• Guy Talk
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 8
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2016, 11:27:20 am »
I just like the idea of a nudist/narualist sim, for those of us who can't be very open
Hanging out with everything out

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2016, 03:04:40 pm »
Wouldn't it be more about the depiction of the main protagonist - a strong appealing person, a role-model, who doesn't give the time of day to think of such a trivial thing as clothing.

Isn't that literally Dr. Manhattan from Watchmen?

At least the "doesn't give the time of the day" - part.  :smiley: But with more human emotions, so to speak. Giving a bigger selection of characters that can be related with, with different personalities - yet accepting the nude way of living.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2016, 06:10:11 pm by Northman »

Maverick

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2016, 08:00:57 pm »
One idea; if I would create a game where protagonist would have an interest, a need, to get naked. Player starting in a jail cell covered in a rigid suit (straight jacket) or something that would otherwise have inhibitory function ( @Longingtobenude thanks for the idea) and then you would need to start moving around in the prison complex and find ways to break pieces of the suit off his person, to be more agile, more unencumbered and work through environmental hazards like a sunken ruins of a medical ward ( @Maverick thanks for the idea) or swim away from a prison island. It could be a grim possible cyberpunk future. Or then the protagonist could be the sole prisoner in a rundown prison island and he needs to work out how he got there while getting clues that there is someone else in the prison noticing his absence and then starting a hunting game.

Just a quick idea.

Sorta reminds me of Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 after he's captured and loses all his clothes and gear.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2016, 11:12:45 am »

Just a quick idea.

Sorta reminds me of Raiden in Metal Gear Solid 2 after he's captured and loses all his clothes and gear.

That is an awkward way of walking.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2016, 11:15:13 am »
I also posted this on true nudist, but has the community thought forming an official media Corp?