Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values  (Read 51899 times)

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
  • Art is the most powerful tool to change the world!
  • Referrals: 0
Re: looking for ideas of a video game to convey naturist values
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2020, 10:48:15 pm »
@Conjuam

Actually, there are already nude mods for pretty much all of the The Sims games. I personally play it with nude mods.

And indeed, there are a lot of games with really good nude mods. However, mods are... well... mods... It is something that we choose to add to the game.
It can be fun if we are just looking to have some casual nudity in our games, but even so, it feels, somehow, not enough...

I mean, modifying our game to have these elements is still not the same as having a game that was actually designed to have it.

Once again, nude mods are cool. But I don't think they can do a good job in promoting casual nudity as much as a game that has it as an official element, specially when it comes to reaching new people that aren't familiar with nudism.

But indeed, if they could make something inspired in The Sims, I guess it would be cool! :D

@Northman

Oh, ok... Sorry for the missunderstanding. ^^;

I was acutally thinking about a character from a culture that has nudity as a tabboo. Pretty much the "world default" currently.

Someone who is already from a nudist culture would just get through the barrier, nothing much special would happen, and then the character would follow the adventure without making a single comment on it.

As someone who sees nudity as a tabboo, we would be able to see this personal growth from the character, and also would have the opportunity to make deeper discussions on it, explaining the value and importance of the Nature and of respecting it; talking about  how the tabboos around nudity makes no sence and we should not be ashamed of our bodies; and how we are more than what we wear.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 05:52:33 am by DrgHybrid »

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #46 on: June 19, 2020, 06:31:56 pm »
What kind of setting or general appearance of the game world have you been thinking? And the culture(s) in surrounding the Tree Fortress?
A medieval fantasy, or something more modern and contemporary perhaps contrasting with what the hero might experience inside the Fortress?

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2020, 06:49:19 pm »
@Northman

I was actually thinking about a Medieval Fantasy. I didn't think too much about the culture, because I usually don't think too much about details that are not relevant to the plot. Once everything will be already destroyed when the hero arrives, there isn't much reason to give that level of depth to the plot. So it can be something pretty basic and generic, and for what I create, I will focus more on how the magic and the creatures on that world are and how they work.

As for the scenarios, as I've said, will be very similar to what we have in the Wii Version of Prince of Persia - Forgotten Sands ( ). Like, an amazing kingdon, but in complete ruins, and overtaken by the nature.
In fact, many elements of this game idea is inspired on this specific Prince of Persia game, including the fairy partner and the plant-like monsters.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2020, 12:42:41 pm »
Medieval fantasy is a good setting. But you have to admit, that consistensy in the visual appearance gives something for the player to follow and get excited about. Like piecing a puzzle, when you can recognize which pieces go together and are part of the bigger picture.

The environment inside the fortress can be strongly different, or can have different appearances the closer the hero gets to the source, the Corrupted Spirit Tree. There can be darker tones in the background, misshapen objects, distorted trees, or objects downright going against the laws of physics.
Will there be distinct and unique locations or environments inside the fortress? Since you said that the place is already destroyed, then just going from one gate to the other doesn't apply, right?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2020, 12:52:50 pm by Northman »

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2020, 03:13:21 am »
@Northman

Yeah, indeed.

I will try to create some cool visual identity to the game.

But I am not sure how I would be able to describe it here.
Even if I could, the truth is... actually that is the kind of detail I usually start thinking when I am actually doing the game.
Since I don’t have somewhere to keep everything written, and once my ideas cam change a lot as the time passes, I see no point in thinking about too much detail before the creation process starts.

And while I try to think in something more manageable for my Swords and Claws games, these 3 others are just ideas I have for future projects.
I still have no time, or maybe not even the skills, to create the game in the way I intend them to be.

So even if I do these game, it may take a few years before I even start.

That is why I still only have a basic general idea of the game.

But one thing I can say is that, considering my limited amount of time (or not, I don’t know how my life will be then...) and that I will be probably creating the game by my own, it is unlikely that the scenarios be much different from each other.

I mean... I guess I can do some cool things and create some variations, but...

In the end, the amount of assets used will be reasonably limited, once they take some time to be created...

unless...

Unless I do the game as a 2D platformer!

I mean... I already have a lot of experience with 2D art, and considering the game is set inside of a castle, it would still be possible to create a large map, full of different paths without requiring it to be 3D!

The game would pretty much be a naturist Metroidvania! XD

I would even be able to take some scripts from the first Swords and Claws game and use it as basis, only making improvements  to make it better! Like, add the combo system, more puzzle mechanics, better enemy AI and all of that!

And once I am not that good with particles pr light effects in 3D games, going for 2D would allow me to create better visual effects for the nature powers, and for the scenarios in general!

What do you think?

« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 04:13:54 am by ColonelLazuli »

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2020, 10:59:55 am »
@ColonelLazuli  You can go very far with a good 2D game. And I think that there are some who don't even want to go further than 2D.

... well not pure 2D, but I thought it goes well with the medieval fantasy ideas you have shared so far.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2020, 11:03:56 am by Northman »

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2020, 03:43:43 am »
@Northman

Cool! XD

So I guess 2D it will be for this one! XD

Any other suggestions?

Maybe suggestions for the other games ideas?

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2020, 01:30:51 pm »
@Northman

Cool! XD

So I guess 2D it will be for this one! XD

Any other suggestions?

Maybe suggestions for the other games ideas?

Just say the word and I will stop hurling ideas left and right.  :tongue:

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2020, 01:51:33 pm »
@Northman

Yes, please do it! XD
The more idea the better!

If anyone else around here wants to give ideas too, please do it!
And if anyone here also have game developments skills and wants to help in the development of any of the games, just say it! XD

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2020, 08:04:06 pm »
@ColonelLazuli

Can you tell more about the tavern game? What things will you bring into the game, which were, or weren't, part of the first game. Were there things that you wanted to add into the first, but you would want to add into the tavern game or the general universe in question?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 08:55:55 pm by Northman »

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2020, 08:08:19 pm »
@Northman

Well, this tavern game will be one of those classic simple, but fun and relaxing management game.
You will control this female raccoon character and try to get money to keep the tavern running.

You will have the customers, that you will have to take to theit tables, then you will have to take their orders, deliver the food...
Being fast gets you more tips and stuff like that.

Each level will have a minimun profit requirement for the player to keep going on the game, and failing will cause the game to restart (Yeah... it is not that kind of game you try to win. You just play to see how far you can go). In the end of the level, you can use the extra money to do upgrades. For example, bettering the environment to get more clients, getting more tables, so you can have more clients inside the establishment at the same time, better seats, so the customers will feel more comfortable and have more patience... that sort of stuff. XD

Also, as you progress in the game, more food options and activities will be unlocked, so the game will become harder each level.

The customers would be a mix between generic animals, and actual characters from the other games and contents related to Swords and Claws, including future ones.
As for the story... The game don't actually have one. I just wanted a fun game to focus in this particular element of the world.

Like... watching the Super Café skits from How it Should Have Ended, the Moe's Bar scenes from the Simpsons and the Nord Mead Skyrim music parody video, I decided that it would be cool the idea of having this environment where the characters could get together to eat something and have fun after their adventures! ^^

Actually, the tavern and the raccoon woman make a quick appearence in a pannel from the 4th page in the Swords and Claws comic I am currently making :D (Yep! As I've said, I want to expand this universe, so I thought it would be cool to have in each content I create these little details hinting and making references to each other), but once I decided to reduce the detailing of the images as much as possible so the comic would progress faster, it won't be possible to see that much of the tavern's environment in this pannel.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2020, 06:53:28 am »
Mate, I had an idea for a very specific project. If you up for it, I would like to talk about putting together a visual novel to sell on steam and get some momentum going for a nudist gaming company. What do you think? Just send me a DM if you are interested.

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2020, 07:36:21 am »
@Northman

Well, this tavern game will be one of those classic simple, but fun and relaxing management game.
You will control this female raccoon character and try to get money to keep the tavern running.

You will have the customers, that you will have to take to theit tables, then you will have to take their orders, deliver the food...
Being fast gets you more tips and stuff like that.

Each level will have a minimun profit requirement for the player to keep going on the game, and failing will cause the game to restart (Yeah... it is not that kind of game you try to win. You just play to see how far you can go). In the end of the level, you can use the extra money to do upgrades. For example, bettering the environment to get more clients, getting more tables, so you can have more clients inside the establishment at the same time, better seats, so the customers will feel more comfortable and have more patience... that sort of stuff. XD

Also, as you progress in the game, more food options and activities will be unlocked, so the game will become harder each level.

The customers would be a mix between generic animals, and actual characters from the other games and contents related to Swords and Claws, including future ones.
As for the story... The game don't actually have one. I just wanted a fun game to focus in this particular element of the world.

Like... watching the Super Café skits from How it Should Have Ended, the Moe's Bar scenes from the Simpsons and the Nord Mead Skyrim music parody video, I decided that it would be cool the idea of having this environment where the characters could get together to eat something and have fun after their adventures! ^^

Actually, the tavern and the raccoon woman make a quick appearence in a pannel from the 4th page in the Swords and Claws comic I am currently making :D (Yep! As I've said, I want to expand this universe, so I thought it would be cool to have in each content I create these little details hinting and making references to each other), but once I decided to reduce the detailing of the images as much as possible so the comic would progress faster, it won't be possible to see that much of the tavern's environment in this pannel.

You could go a bit further with a resource management element, where you spend the money for different food stuffs, furniture, items and activities, straight from various vendor characters. You could have cutscenes or dialog options with new vendors from whom you buy your resources. There could the Baker, the Fisherman, the Brewer ... and who ever you might have in town. That could help you to build up your roster of characters beyond the Raccoon lady.
You could also have achievements with the money earned, or first special activity, or 100th bowl of curry sold, unlock extra content like new art work about life in the town or the other characters, loading screens, cutscenes, in-game random occurrance where a happy customer gives you his/her grandma's recipe you could appreciate, etc.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 07:39:39 am by Northman »

Offline ColonelLazuli

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2020, 06:13:44 pm »
@Northman

Well, certainly you have creativity! I am impressed!
I would most likely have to remove this element of "if you lose, you have to start again" from the game... ^^;

But I don't know if I would be able to do something like that...
Truth be said, as a game developer, I am still a beginner.

Besides, I have pretty much no experience with management games (not creating them, nor playing them, which means I barely have any haference on how they are suposed to work at all... ^^;), so it would be difficult to add to this game so many elements and keep everything balanced.

The games I planned to create for Swords and Claws universe, until now, were planned without being much beyond of what I know for sure I can create. I try to keep them simple so I can practice my abilities as I create them.

Indeed I could try to add some of these elements to the game, and I think it would be pretty cool! But I can't assure much...  ^^;

Offline Northman

• Naturist Superhero
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2020, 06:52:00 pm »
@ColonelLazuli
Thanks for the compliment. If anything I have ideas, some good and bad ones pretty much in same amount.

"Dreams are a size too big, so that we can grow into them." Translation doesn't work very well, but you get the idea, but instead of "dreams", but "goals" work too. And you aren't really in a hurry to get these things done in a weekend's time. Plan ahead and map out the skills you need to get there.

I originally got the impression that you want your tavern game to be a 'feel-good' game. Something like Animal Crossing, but your own.

What kind of characters do you have in your town? 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 06:54:32 pm by Northman »