Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Parents of children who like to take their clothes off  (Read 27769 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Parents of children who like to take their clothes off
« on: September 17, 2014, 04:08:08 am »
Nudist Children

Parents of children who like to take their clothes off. I have some advice: Let them.*

*Unless the situation demands otherwise, for example, they are in a public place, there are friends nearby who might not understand, they are putting themselves in bodily harm, etc. Use your parent’s intuition to help a child learn when it is and isn’t okay to be nude.

The benefits of living a nude life are countless. Nudist children usually grow up understanding their body and not fearing it. They see their friends messing themselves up trying to follow the fashion trends of the day and wrecking themselves to meet impossible standards because of low body-image.

Nudist children usually don’t suffer from poor body-image because they know how great and amazing the body is. Their body is not a mystery to them. This allows them a greater ability to fully realize what their body can do and how it works. After winning that battle, what’s there to be afraid? 

Living nude allows the skin to fully function as an environmental receptor. Instead of only taking in touch sense through the hands and face, the whole body takes it in. Meaning that more neural pathways are developed and opened, increasing the mind for a wider, more sophisticated, processing of what is going on around them. This is especially important during the formative years because it will help train the brain to be more flexible. A flexible brain helps ward off mental disorders later in life. 

Nudism is fun! Not only is experiencing everything great for the brain, it feels good too since it causes the brain to release endorphins or the “feel good” hormone. This is the same feeling athletes get after a good workout. (Which only adds more positive feelings towards their body-image!)

But the best part is, nudism is not just for kids. Parents should do it to since the same benefit applies to them as well. It’s never too early or late to start living as we were born to live. 

Text by me. Photo from cittanuda
http://cittanuda.tumblr.com/post/78525337034

Photo Retrieved from: Nudism-is-Normal
http://nudism-is-normal.tumblr.com/post/83075145869/nakedthoughtfortoday-my-parents-arent-and

http://madeinthenude.tumblr.com/post/97648598001/nudist-children-parents-of-children-who-like-to

I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Parents of children who like to take their clothes off
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2014, 11:33:47 am »
thanks for sharing  :e4444 :e2w
nude is natural

Offline Locksmith

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2014, 01:54:19 pm »
 My daughter just needs to learn to close the door when going to the bathroom.

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2015, 08:14:57 am »
My parents believe my brother and sister are too young to understand my choices, so I'm restricted to my room as far as nudism goes.

highglyder

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2015, 11:15:25 am »
Pretty much how I think about the issue. Now I just need to get my wife to agree. She is pretty firmly in the textile mindset. Which is fine, I just don't want her to pass on any anti-body or gymnophobic ideas to our children.  To me kids are born nudists and later learn to be textiles. One day she might accept that children and really any people seeing   others :89 :Butt Shake: :098 is not a sin or bad in anyway. She'll probably come around some day.  Then I'll rejoice :323232

Anyone else on here raising kids with a textile or unsupportive partner of naturism? How do you handle your partner's attitude?

My wife keeps telling our kids to dress as soon as out of the tub or when they decide to change mid-day.  I have no issues as I let them choose between clothed or not, but she feels otherwise.  Apparently she tires of seeing vagina, penis, and butt, so her mindset is to fucus on the wrong parts.  This often leads to an ideological struggle between us where I don't necessarily ask the kids to respect their mother's request.  At least not right away.  Following discussions with immediate and extended family, my wife happens to be the only one who thinks that doing household chores in the nude is wierd.

EJniceguy

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2015, 01:35:14 pm »
My parents believe my brother and sister are too young to understand my choices, so I'm restricted to my room as far as nudism goes.

Well, there's a negative and a positive side to this @Zephyr

Negative: Your parents are going contrary to what the article is saying.

Positive: Your parents are still cool with you being a nudist which keeps the possibility open of maybe one day having your younger siblings follow in your footsteps.

highglyder

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2015, 03:46:15 pm »
I would love to go visit a family naturist park, but my wife sees it has a morality issue.  Gonna be tough to fight that one.  Not that she's very religious, but even Pope JPII's statement that social nudity is ok had zero influence.  :-(

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2020, 10:59:57 pm »
We just let our kids be themselves around home or camping etc or with others of a similar mind. By stopping them being nude we would be instilling a negativity or shame to the body which as they get into teen years can manifest in even more negative feelings as it takes the shape it naturally will and we have enough anxiety about our bodies as teens as it is without laying down foundations for feeling ashamed of our bodies back when even younger. When we did enforce being clothed it was couched along the lines of time and place rather than shame

coolstolSE

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2020, 01:11:47 am »
We just let our kids be themselves around home or camping etc or with others of a similar mind. By stopping them being nude we would be instilling a negativity or shame to the body which as they get into teen years can manifest in even more negative feelings as it takes the shape it naturally will and we have enough anxiety about our bodies as teens as it is without laying down foundations for feeling ashamed of our bodies back when even younger. When we did enforce being clothed it was couched along the lines of time and place rather than shame

Might be a rude question but aren't you a bit old to be here

Riot.EXE

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2020, 02:17:52 am »

Might be a rude question but aren't you a bit old to be here

There's a few older peeps here, but they usually don't go over like, 40something. Given the question of the thread, perhaps someone older with kids might have some valuable insight towards this topic?

Despite that...yeah, age is kinda high given the name of the forums. I'm getting up there myself.

Offline jeep

• Read-Only
  • Nude with Towel
  • Freedom is not obtained or kept unless faught for
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2020, 08:44:24 pm »
No offense taken, that is a fair question to ask. Ive been on this forum for a long time but due to life events including increasing age dont come on very often any more. However ive retained membership as Dannee and other Admins were agreeable and at times when notified of a post and where i feel my input may be of assistance to those entering new stages of their lives such as having kids or how to handle the naturist issue as they get older, i at times offer my 2 cents worth as with influences on the kids from the wider family, the wider public and schools can make the issue very difficult to navigate for you and the kids.

Offline teennudist12345

• Closet Nudist
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Looking to make friends!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2021, 11:13:06 pm »
 :like
Feel free to PM me here or DM my discord:
Love to get to know yall

Offline jamesnotcompletely

• amateur naked guy
  • Teens Only Member
  • Topless with bottoms
  • playin zelda and drawin butts
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 04:29:27 am »
im not a parent, and might never be (who knows) but one thing i do know is my mom let me be naked sometimes when i was like 5, and i dont regret it at all. everyone acts like "oh, parents shouldnt let their child be naked, god fordbid see THEM naked, they'll need therapy for the rest of their life!" i saw my mom nude plenty of times when i was little, and i'm completely fine. kids will only be traumatized by nudity if they're told they SHOULD be traumatized.
legends say he still cant think of something to draw...

Offline Blake Skies

• Writer of All Things, Even Nudist Stories
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Okay I'm writing again...
    • My Deviant Art Page
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2023, 03:26:39 pm »
I’m glad my mom allowed me to be nude and take my clothes off while growing up, I really didn’t grow up with body image issues and I’m so thankful for that. Seeing her nude growing up helped a lot too

Damn i wish I had parents as accepting and open as that. Coming from an abusive household that was also restrictive, I struggle alot with Self Confidence and with my own sense of self worth. Looking back on it now, I guess that's why I joined the nudist community in the first place, to feel more proud of myself and more assure of myself.
DM if you wanna talk, have questions about nudism, or are an aspiring writer wanting to join a workshop