Naturist Resources > Blogs, Videos, Articles about Naturism/Nudity

Parents of children who like to take their clothes off

<< < (2/3) > >>

EJniceguy:

--- Quote from: Zephyr on March 10, 2015, 08:14:57 am ---My parents believe my brother and sister are too young to understand my choices, so I'm restricted to my room as far as nudism goes.

--- End quote ---

Well, there's a negative and a positive side to this @Zephyr

Negative: Your parents are going contrary to what the article is saying.

Positive: Your parents are still cool with you being a nudist which keeps the possibility open of maybe one day having your younger siblings follow in your footsteps.

highglyder:
I would love to go visit a family naturist park, but my wife sees it has a morality issue.  Gonna be tough to fight that one.  Not that she's very religious, but even Pope JPII's statement that social nudity is ok had zero influence.  :-(

jeep:
We just let our kids be themselves around home or camping etc or with others of a similar mind. By stopping them being nude we would be instilling a negativity or shame to the body which as they get into teen years can manifest in even more negative feelings as it takes the shape it naturally will and we have enough anxiety about our bodies as teens as it is without laying down foundations for feeling ashamed of our bodies back when even younger. When we did enforce being clothed it was couched along the lines of time and place rather than shame

coolstolSE:

--- Quote from: jeep on September 11, 2020, 10:59:57 pm ---We just let our kids be themselves around home or camping etc or with others of a similar mind. By stopping them being nude we would be instilling a negativity or shame to the body which as they get into teen years can manifest in even more negative feelings as it takes the shape it naturally will and we have enough anxiety about our bodies as teens as it is without laying down foundations for feeling ashamed of our bodies back when even younger. When we did enforce being clothed it was couched along the lines of time and place rather than shame

--- End quote ---

Might be a rude question but aren't you a bit old to be here

Riot.EXE:

--- Quote from: coolstolSE on September 12, 2020, 01:11:47 am ---
--- Quote from: jeep on September 11, 2020, 10:59:57 pm ---We just let our kids be themselves around home or camping etc or with others of a similar mind. By stopping them being nude we would be instilling a negativity or shame to the body which as they get into teen years can manifest in even more negative feelings as it takes the shape it naturally will and we have enough anxiety about our bodies as teens as it is without laying down foundations for feeling ashamed of our bodies back when even younger. When we did enforce being clothed it was couched along the lines of time and place rather than shame

--- End quote ---

Might be a rude question but aren't you a bit old to be here

--- End quote ---

There's a few older peeps here, but they usually don't go over like, 40something. Given the question of the thread, perhaps someone older with kids might have some valuable insight towards this topic?

Despite that...yeah, age is kinda high given the name of the forums. I'm getting up there myself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version