Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Your dream car ? What would it be  (Read 45504 times)

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10

Offline Chris97

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 1
    • Kraeuterbart
Re: Your dream car ? What would it be
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2016, 07:21:17 pm »
Chevrolet Chevelle SS

Wer wartet mit Besonnenheit, der wird belohnt zur rechten Zeit!

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2016, 04:25:50 am »

Offline barefoot_Zanko

• Barefoot for Life
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Proud naturist, artist, and gamer~
  • Referrals: 1
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2016, 09:14:34 pm »
Ever since I played old racing games in my childhood I wanted a Saleen S7. It just looks and sounds so awesome.
Live always among nature, as we were born, and as we were meant to be.

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2016, 01:44:54 am »
This 1977 Toyota Celica

These were really cool cares. Sadly most are rust buckets now..

DCSquaredPhoto

« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2016, 12:05:51 pm »
When it comes to favorite cars, I can't really say there is a particular one, more like a list:

DMC-12 DeLorean
Ferrari F40
Aston Martin Vantage RD
Lamborghini Gallsrdo Superleggera

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
« Reply #96 on: December 05, 2016, 02:52:51 am »
@JOE You are, unfortunately, right. But they do create awesome custom restoration projects. Here's a Delta 88 Coupe before and after :D
Nice! What year is that Olds?

Offline HenryJoseph

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #97 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:06 pm »
This 1977 Toyota Celica

Fellow DudeInBlue fan?

jasper

« Reply #98 on: December 13, 2016, 09:08:50 pm »
@silverhalide As an european is very entertaining to see a car which is so slow for its time, only had engine choices called "rocket"  :tongue:

Offline HenryJoseph

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #99 on: December 13, 2016, 09:21:26 pm »
It may seem oddly specific, but my dream car is a particular 1972 Land Rover Series 3, 88" SWB; it has standard sand-coloured wheels with a spare on the bonnet, it's finished in RAF blue, and has no fixed roof besides a removable canvas 'tilt'. It is perhaps one of the least practical vehicles for me to admire; it's slow and messy on the road, it leaks (both through the roof and out of the engine), and it is far more expensive than a truck like that should ever possibly be. I've passed by this truck for the past 7 years on my way to school but unfortunately it disappeared in the last couple of months. It's the only car I've ever fallen in love with and hopefully, one day, I'll be able to find it and maybe even buy it off the current or future owner.
A couple of years ago, a company that a couple of you may know of, called Petrolicious, released a video of a car almost exactly the same as the one I've been after. It's one of my favourite videos ever made and so I thought I'd link it below.

jasper

« Reply #100 on: December 13, 2016, 09:32:42 pm »
A very characterful car! So mechanical, the exact opposite of a Tesla :)

Offline HenryJoseph

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #101 on: December 13, 2016, 09:42:05 pm »
A very characterful car! So mechanical, the exact opposite of a Tesla :)

It is, but, they were both created by visionaries who attempted to make the best of use of technology at the time, so they may not be quite as different as you think. Not that a long distance drive in a 1970's Land Rover is quite as comfortable as a brand new Tesla....

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #102 on: December 13, 2016, 10:19:58 pm »
My absolute dream car would probably be a Tesla... it's amazing how futuristic they are and I love being able to drive on a cleaner source of energy.

I love more rough vehicles like that land rover as well though! If a futuristic car would be out of reach I would probably go with a larger terrain car.
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)

Offline HenryJoseph

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #103 on: December 13, 2016, 10:56:26 pm »
My absolute dream car would probably be a Tesla... it's amazing how futuristic they are and I love being able to drive on a cleaner source of energy.

I love more rough vehicles like that land rover as well though! If a futuristic car would be out of reach I would probably go with a larger terrain car.

If I had the disposable income, I'd love to see about taking an old Land Rover and replacing the engine and transmission with electric motors! It's basically perfect for it since there is not much room for an engine up front, but there is room for a couple of motors. The rear of the truck doesn't have seats so it's generally used a truck bed, but that means there is very little underneath, leaving more than enough room for a battery and two more motors. This combined with an otherwise complete restoration of the car would create a very cool truck that has few of the mechanical problems the original vehicle had. Hopefully one day I'll be able to do something like that. Or pay someone to do it...

Offline Wesley

• Administrator
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #104 on: December 13, 2016, 11:12:45 pm »

If I had the disposable income, I'd love to see about taking an old Land Rover and replacing the engine and transmission with electric motors! It's basically perfect for it since there is not much room for an engine up front, but there is room for a couple of motors. The rear of the truck doesn't have seats so it's generally used a truck bed, but that means there is very little underneath, leaving more than enough room for a battery and two more motors. This combined with an otherwise complete restoration of the car would create a very cool truck that has few of the mechanical problems the original vehicle had. Hopefully one day I'll be able to do something like that. Or pay someone to do it...

That would make for an amazing car! A quick search on Google or Youtube will bring up a lot of videos of people who have done the same thing :)
Got a question or need help with the forum? Shoot me a message :)