General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

NFL International Series: New England vs. Tampa Bay Report

(1/2) > >>

randomer909:
This weekend, the NFL came to London for the 3rd time. This was my 2nd visit and I was really looking forward to it :) Everyone expected New England to thrash the Bucs and that is really what happened lol

Tampa got the first offensive drive, and Cadillac Williams got them a few yards, but Johnson's first throw got intercepted and was ran in for a Patriot Touchdown. This set the mood for the whole game, as running was what won it and throws were not of high standard. The next Bucs drive came to nothing and they Punted to the Pats

And then Tom Brady came out. I was expecting a powerhouse performance from him, but he didnt make any spectacular throws or anything. Their first drive did lead to a touchdown but it was just very poor defence from Tampa. He threw it straight sideways and the WR just ran straight through the defence. The 1st quarter ended 14-0

The 2nd quarter didnt have much action except for another Pats touchdown, but I can't remember how it happened :45. So half-time was 21-0. It was a clear wash out as Tampa couldnt get anything going except for some good runs from Williams

In the 3rd quarter, Tampa did get a touchdown which was, in my mind, was the best play of the match. Johnson threw a 33 yard pass to his WR straight in the endzone. Then the Pats got another touchdown through bad defending by the Bucs. This left the score at 35-7... I think lol. This score didnt change during the 4th quarter as both teams took off their main players and they just gave up trying :(. This was really dissapointing :(

So the final score was 35-7. It was a good match overall :)

Did anyone else make their way down this weekend? Or did anyone watch it from home?
What was your opinion of the game?

joeyn:
I'm glad our football was fun for you. I watched the game on TV. It was funny, the week before, New ENgland was playing in snow!

Joey

luvthemgiants:
i watched most of it from home, had to sell my ticket because it was my francees mothers birthday......talk about disgusted

it was a good game, although the result was never going to be any different

what was the atmosphere like?

randomer909:

--- Quote from: luvthemgiants on October 29, 2009, 04:09:47 pm ---i watched most of it from home, had to sell my ticket because it was my francees mothers birthday......talk about disgusted

it was a good game, although the result was never going to be any different

what was the atmosphere like?

--- End quote ---
Rage aboot having to sell your ticket for the mother in-law :S. The atmosphere was fantastic though! :786. Juts every UK fan over there, no matter who the teams were, just supporting their own teams and looking forward to a great game at a fantastic stadium :234567. I loved it!!! :098

luvthemgiants:
its exactly as i imagined it....ah well, there is always next year ....... and if we are all here this time next year we could do some sort of meet before or after the game

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version