Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Attacks on the Nude, the Naked, the Naturist  (Read 1812 times)

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
Attacks on the Nude, the Naked, the Naturist
« on: November 26, 2014, 05:52:18 pm »
Interesting article I found on facebook. Pertains mostly to the US, but has interesting view to the overall prudish mindset that has hit the world as of the past couple of years

http://www.progress.org/tpr/nudity-naked-nude-naturists-civil-rights-human-rights-freedom-liberty-2/

Delfin

Re: Attacks on the Nude, the Naked, the Naturist
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 07:27:13 pm »
I wonder if there is a reason, why people can be so aggressive against nudity that even being naked in the own house can be punished if it's seen by someone.
Some say that the religious basics are a reason. I think that could be in some case but is it so simple to say, religion is the main reason looking around the whole continent?
I don't know, how this is handled in USA, but is it possible that cultural (not first of all religious) aspects are a factor?
This may include a certain sight on the relation between sexuality and crime…

Offline eagleday

• Nude without Towel
  • Nothing else but my skin
  • Referrals: 1
Re: Attacks on the Nude, the Naked, the Naturist
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2014, 08:15:08 am »
I wonder if there is a reason, why people can be so aggressive against nudity that even being naked in the own house can be punished if it's seen by someone.
Some say that the religious basics are a reason. I think that could be in some case but is it so simple to say, religion is the main reason looking around the whole continent?
I don't know, how this is handled in USA, but is it possible that cultural (not first of all religious) aspects are a factor?
This may include a certain sight on the relation between sexuality and crime…

I somewhat agree. Religions often become either an off-the-shelf legal ground by the prudish conservatives, or a logical scapegoat by some liberals against prudishness on the other hand. In reality, beside cultural backgrounds, it is the currently overwhelming sense to convert your 'freedom of speech' into law. You see something, feel offended by it, and demand a law which bans it.

It's like if I were a vegan, I would propose a bill which bans people eating hot dog on the street so I may not be offended. It's not the veganism that is wrong, but my attitude towards non-vegans, and it happens that my voice is the loudest to reach lawmakers' ears.

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." (Søren Kierkegaard)
“Everybody thinks they want freedom, but what they really want is order.” (Valin Hess)