Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Fantasy Baseball  (Read 1145 times)

EJniceguy

Fantasy Baseball
« on: December 01, 2014, 06:48:45 am »
Hey everybody, I know baseball season is hibernating right now, but I thought it might be cool to throw this idea out here: Anybody interested in doing a fantasy baseball league made up entirely of members of IYNO?

I wanted to start this early so we'd have plenty of time to figure out the following:

A) number of people who want to join
B) what site to use (i.e. ESPN, Yahoo, other?)
C) league name
D) rules (I plan on doing standard rules if no rule changes are suggested and approved by a 3/4 majority of the other members in the     league
E) draft date/time
Note: There will not be a cash prize for the winner of the league if this idea gets off the ground. It would be way too complicated to get a buy-in from everyone and paying the cash out to people who win. My idea of a prize other than bragging rights would be a custom title for the forums to feature on your profile.

Also, during next baseball season, this thread could be a place to discuss the league, trades, maybe even smack talk a little bit. If you're interested, please let me know by posting in this thread and I would also recommend checking this thread on a regular basis so that you can have your say in the creation of the league, and hopefully we get this thing off the ground and have a fun season! I'd be cool with anyone joining by the way, so long as you plan on staying active throughout the season, which I know is a pain, but it really makes the league more fun for everyone else.

Final Note: I picked baseball first since that's the next sport to start a season. If this league is successful, I plan to start a league for football and basketball as well.

I apologize for the massive wall of text  L8789, so if you're reading this final sentence, thank you for reading all of this, and I hope you join in.

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
Re: Fantasy Baseball
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2014, 09:46:25 pm »
I'd join! I haven't played Fantasy Baseball but I have done football and hockey. Worth a try!

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2014, 10:31:10 pm »
Maybe; not something I normally follow

EJniceguy

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 10:43:21 pm »
To be honest, most of the effort comes in making sure you check your lineups every day to make sure that your guys aren't hurt/not playing. After about a month into the season, you have a general idea of who your everyday lineup is gonna be, with maybe a few changes due to trades or waiver pickups.

And @Stephen , if you're interested, I can try and explain stuff to you. You just need to tell me what you want to know.