Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: New Naturist Documentary  (Read 4845 times)

Naturist_

New Naturist Documentary
« on: December 05, 2014, 09:37:42 am »
A new documentary about the town of Spielplatz, the only naked town in the UK. It airs on More4 on the 11th December at 9pm.  :smiley: http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2014/12/01/naked-village-spielplatz_n_6249280.html?uk-news

Offline ron

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
Re: New Naturist Documentary
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2014, 03:46:22 pm »
It would be nice if someone could record it and provide a link for those of us who can't get UK tv.

Offline nudistboy26

• Nude with Towel
  • Hi, I'm David
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 10:17:40 am »
Thanks for the heads up.
Its interesting, they've given it a German name.

Offline clog7777

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 10:27:11 am »
That sounds very interesting.  I don't think there are any towns in the U.S. that are fully naturist towns.  I wonder if that would fly here.  Hope I will be able to see it at some point online, since I don't have english tv.

Karla

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 12:05:18 pm »
I started a thread on it here which no one responded to.

http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php/topic,19206.msg184684.html#msg184684

I would merge it into this thread but it came before the OP so people would be difficult finding this thread again. It's only one post though so I will leave it.

Offline nudistboy26

• Nude with Towel
  • Hi, I'm David
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 11:23:26 pm »

I would merge it into this thread but it came before the OP so people would be difficult finding this thread again. It's only one post though so I will leave it.

That's a pity about them not being able to attract new members.
You're right about the winter timing of the programme, not being ideal for promotional purposes.

Its going since 1930, so hopefully the developers won't get their hands on it.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 01:15:11 am »

I probably would've said some shit if I had seen it earlier!

That sounds very interesting.  I don't think there are any towns in the U.S. that are fully naturist towns.  I wonder if that would fly here.  Hope I will be able to see it at some point online, since I don't have english tv.

The USA is NOT ready for that shit, and probably never will be, realistically speaking.

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 07:00:49 pm »
The USA is NOT ready for that shit, and probably never will be, realistically speaking.
I'd like to take a more optimistic outlook, and "naked ___" is a thing right now, but I doubt it's a sign that we're moving away from nudity being seen as icky or weird any time soon. Maybe in a few more decades. I for one (and I think about moving to Florida every year around this time) could see the idea taking hold in Florida and California with a rise in younger naturists. Hell, I'd love to see the FYN give the idea a shot. But despite the presence of older and younger nudists a like, Florida is still a very conservative state.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 07:03:20 pm by NaturalInNY »

Naturist_

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2014, 01:53:40 pm »
It should be able to watch here the next day http://www.channel4.com/on-demand not sure if you can view it outside the UK

Offline nudistboy26

• Nude with Towel
  • Hi, I'm David
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 10:52:53 pm »
It should be able to watch here the next day http://www.channel4.com/on-demand not sure if you can view it outside the UK

Channel 4 on demand is only viewable, in the UK and Ireland.

Offline english_lad

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Here to explore
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2014, 10:14:02 am »
After watching this documentary I'm not sure whether it was a particularly positive one.

While was nice to see that the residents of speilplatz (mostly over 60s) clearly enjoyed living at the resort, I wasn't so keen on their thoughts on recruiting new members.

Through the programme you saw the leaders of the club arguing over how soon someone should be naked upon entering the site. One tended to argue straight away regardless while a few others said give newcomers a chance to try it out, and adapt to the site without the immediate enforcement of nudity.

I can see the point behind both cases however I thought it might be a good idea to have certain days where they invite people in to try it out without immediate need for nudity. Some may also wish to bring friends who may be tempted but unsure. I think this would provide an overall more friendly atmosphere.

I felt particularly sorry for the man living there who invited his textile daughter there for the day and she was asked to leave. Surely he should be able to enjoy the environment he loves with his family.

Unfortunately i think the way the programme came across it may be more off putting to younger generations than anything else.

beachpuppy

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2014, 10:32:22 am »
I bumped into the programme yesterday on tv and entirely share english_lad's assessment. That programme as aired would surely serve as the final nail in the coffin of the resort shown, and apologies for the morbid pun, given the advanced in age state of most of those shown. That programme was the single most unappealing coverage I have seen on of naturism, with lingering shots of the genital areas of the aforementioned senior citizens. A complete freak show that would put off most younger fans. The saddest part for me of the show was the discontinuity within the families of parents being unable to share (or convince) the next generation, and that on the one day they somehow enticed younger people to come for the naked yoga day, none of them ever returned again!

Offline NaturalInNY

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2014, 04:48:44 pm »
Here it is. If you can get past the odd cropping. Haven't seen it yet. Will weigh in on it when I do.

Offline english_lad

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Here to explore
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2014, 11:09:17 pm »
Glad you agree @beachpuppy you're right about the lingering shots too. No disrespect to anybody but at times it was a bit much.

Don't think I'd visit

andrewg

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 12:18:50 am »
Unfortunately I didn't see much positive in this one. The way the board members argued and turned things into such a political type argunent is exactly what we see from most clubs run entirely by the older generation (nothing against older people, it's just the way it is).

The other unfortunate aspect was that they also had little to no idea about recruiting younger members. The debate about allowing those new to naturism to not be naked for a period of time in my opinion is a no brainer. You need to allow people to see what it is all about and be comfortable before baring all. Rushing people and demanding that they be naked is not going to help. Different people take different amounts of time to find that level of comfort to join others naked. Some will just strip off as soon as they arrive but some may take as long as the second visit to actually take the plunge. Either scenario is fine in my book.

Just my opinion...