Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: PC vs Console  (Read 11497 times)

NewNudist

Re: PC vs Console
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2014, 06:33:20 am »
I grew up on an SNES so I'll always be a console man.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
  • Referrals: 0
    • fresh direction
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2014, 09:21:25 am »
I much prefer console.  You can certainly get more control and better graphics on a pc but when you buy a console game you know it will work on your machine without messing with the hardware.
what's to say?

Offline Lauren101

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2015, 12:36:54 am »
Buying parts for my first gaming pc now! Very much so pc gamer. Gabe Newell is the reason I switched. and the graphics too.  :63424

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 11
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2015, 01:17:48 am »
I much prefer console.  You can certainly get more control and better graphics on a pc but when you buy a console game you know it will work on your machine without messing with the hardware.
This is exactly why I prefer consoles. I do a bit of gaming on the PC but many times the trouble shooting to get certain games and programs to work together can be a pain in the  :Butt Shake:!

Riot.EXE

« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2015, 05:15:25 pm »
So, no one here ever grew up going to arcades?

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2015, 05:38:37 pm »

Yes , I did , always spending all my money on arcades when carnival was in town :D .
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2015, 06:51:54 pm »
proper gaming arcades are rare here. Some seaside amammusements or bowling alleys will occasionally have a tekken or mario kart cab but beyond that it's mostly house of the dead, time crisis, dance dance revelution and need for speed.
what's to say?

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2015, 07:58:12 pm »
I am definitely a console person, and more specifically, a Nintendo fanboy. I prefer realtime strategy games on PC though. RTSs are terrible on a console, although turn based strategy games like Advance Wars or Fire Emblem are great. I've lately been more into handheld games (3DS!) because you can play them in between doing other things.
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2015, 11:50:57 pm »
 :3145 and good on you for being a nintendo fanboy!
what's to say?

Offline Lauren101

• Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2015, 03:10:12 am »
We didn't have a lot of those around my town, but whenever we got a chance to see one we'd ask mom for a couple quarters to play em. Pacman and space invaders was a favorite of mine!

Offline mib2099

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2015, 11:49:14 am »
My experience is that while PC games are always superior to console games, you pay a premium for those games AND a much higher price for the pc itself.  Also a pc will become obsolete by degrees while a console system will be "state of the art" right up until the day a new generation comes out.

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 11
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2015, 01:09:42 am »
My experience is that while PC games are always superior to console games, you pay a premium for those games AND a much higher price for the pc itself.  Also a pc will become obsolete by degrees while a console system will be "state of the art" right up until the day a new generation comes out.
PC's don't necessarily become obsolete. I built mine about 4 years ago, running a gtx 550ti and can literally run everything I have thrown at it. My PC still runs faster than any other computer we've had in my house. I guess it all depends what you put in it from the start.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2015, 03:52:17 pm »

Debatable. Sorry, but if the game I want to play isn't even on PC, then the PC is meaningless. If the game I want to play is only on PC, then the console is meaningless. If it's on both, then it's just a matter of which port is the most decent, because sometimes it's the console, and sometimes it's the PC. Then you have the issue of Arcade games, in which even though there's the prospect of emulation, a lot of those games can't even be played properly on PC, provided those games even came home at all (and a lot never did, so if you don't live near some kind of retro arcade, you're shit out of luck unless you wanna travel.) Also, a lot of the more PC-centric genres don't interest me at all, so I don't understand how the hell they're supposed to be "superior". Based on what?

...lastly, why in the fucking hell is it ALWAYS PC people that talk shit? Check yourselves.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2015, 04:29:16 pm »
you pay a premium for those games
Nope. Most of the times PC games are cheaper. Two factors: The market is more competitive and there are no license fees to the platform provider.

a much higher price for the pc itself.  Also a pc will become obsolete by degrees
No. Just no. You have a PC anyway, it does not cost a thing to just toss some games onto it (other than the cost of the games themselves, which are usually cheaper than their console equivalents). PC gaming gets expensive when you want the fanciest graphics you can get at the highest resolutions your monitors support. But if you can be content with less, you can play just fine on a several-year-old budget machine.

so I don't understand how the hell they're supposed to be "superior". Based on what?
Customization, choice of input methods, raw power (PCs can be upgraded all the time and the visuals of the game follow suit for a while; whereas with consoles, you get an upgrade once a new generation is out and the games stay the way they were originally shipped forever). Obviously the latter point matters more to some (mib2009 apparently) than to others.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2015, 09:48:31 pm »
you pay a premium for those games
Nope. Most of the times PC games are cheaper. Two factors: The market is more competitive and there are no license fees to the platform provider.

a much higher price for the pc itself.  Also a pc will become obsolete by degrees
No. Just no. You have a PC anyway, it does not cost a thing to just toss some games onto it (other than the cost of the games themselves, which are usually cheaper than their console equivalents). PC gaming gets expensive when you want the fanciest graphics you can get at the highest resolutions your monitors support. But if you can be content with less, you can play just fine on a several-year-old budget machine.

so I don't understand how the hell they're supposed to be "superior". Based on what?
Customization, choice of input methods, raw power (PCs can be upgraded all the time and the visuals of the game follow suit for a while; whereas with consoles, you get an upgrade once a new generation is out and the games stay the way they were originally shipped forever). Obviously the latter point matters more to some (mib2009 apparently) than to others.

But if what someone wants to play isn't even available for that, then all of that is meaningless, so it's not superior at all (which is my point). Different, but not superior. That's just fuckin' ignorant, honestly...