Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: PC vs Console  (Read 11490 times)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: PC vs Console
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2015, 11:16:42 pm »
Which is the reason I even have any consoles at all. Of course the choice of games trumps everything, but that is not the merit of the platform. If anything, bribing software creators for making a piece of content exclusive is a, pardon my language, dick move on part of the platform developer (commercially sensible as it might be). And then there are those developers that do not give, excuse me again, a fuck about some platforms, as seen by the half-(you know the drill)-assed PC port of GTA4.
I have a Wii because I like Nintendo games. I have a 3DS because I like Nintendo games. But for any games that run on multiple platforms, I prefer the PC version.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
  • Referrals: 0
    • fresh direction
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2015, 02:50:04 pm »
I just bought a wii u. I'm reall enjoying it. My decision to buy one basically comes down to the favt that i couldn't play awesome nintendo games or bayonetta 2 anywhere else. In a year or two, if the samething happens as happened with the wii where the quality of titles dissappears, it may get relegated by a ps4 but for the time being it's games are keeping me console based.
what's to say?

Riot.EXE

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2015, 08:26:50 pm »
I just bought a wii u. I'm reall enjoying it. My decision to buy one basically comes down to the favt that i couldn't play awesome nintendo games or bayonetta 2 anywhere else. In a year or two, if the samething happens as happened with the wii where the quality of titles dissappears, it may get relegated by a ps4 but for the time being it's games are keeping me console based.

I feel you on that. I pretty much have to buy a PS4 now because Street Fighter V is going to be exclusive to that and PC.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2015, 08:57:42 pm »
yep. That and the whitcher 3 will ensure i get one
what's to say?

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2015, 09:11:44 am »
The more and more powerful and cheap pcs get the more obsolete I think the consoles become. But at the same time I feel people like having the dedicated machine for gaming. And most people are used to playing games on their tv, not sitting at their computer. I could be wrong though.
But then we have the Wii and Wii U, where the gamepads are integral to the gameplay. And with the Wii the motion controls don't make sense for a PC, even if you could hook the controller to your computer.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2015, 08:16:12 pm »
The more and more powerful and cheap pcs get the more obsolete I think the consoles become. But at the same time I feel people like having the dedicated machine for gaming. And most people are used to playing games on their tv, not sitting at their computer. I could be wrong though.
But then we have the Wii and Wii U, where the gamepads are integral to the gameplay. And with the Wii the motion controls don't make sense for a PC, even if you could hook the controller to your computer.

Yeah. I like to buy into the culture of a console. It's about the identity. That start upscrean that tells you what your experience will be. The dedicated hardware that give a distinct feel to the experience. I don't think you get that the same with pc's. To me a keyboard makekes me think of work, not fantasy adventure.
what's to say?

Offline Adop88

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #36 on: February 06, 2015, 12:44:23 pm »
My only experience with PC gaming was when I went round my mates. I spent more time looking at the keyboard trying to find the right key to bring up my inventory or the map than I spent looking at the screen.
I know that PC's are more powerful than consoles but I love my PlayStation. I don't feel like I'm missing out

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #37 on: February 06, 2015, 01:21:13 pm »
I've always preferred pc gaming (I do have consoles, even a ps4). What attracts me to pc though, other than pretty graphics, are the pc exclusive games and the pc community. I'm talking about games like ArmA, Insurgency, Red Orchestra (if you know those games you can probably figure out what I like). And on the community side, let's face it, majority of players are a bit older (mainly because of the price of entry to PC gaming is higher?  :345) so there tends to be a bit more organisation during matches of games like Battlefield (players talking to each other and discussing strategies). I've always just had more fun playing on pc  :azn:

But overall I like games because I like to have fun and challenge myself, it doesn't really matter what system/platform you prefer.

H3R0

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2015, 02:55:57 pm »
I prefer a PC. I have a PS3 that i use to play games like Kingdom Hearts and Persona, and i have my 3DS which i use to play the nintendo titles. I really love the PC hahaha.  :grin:

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2015, 06:43:36 pm »
What 3ds games do you play?
what's to say?

H3R0

« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2015, 07:28:07 pm »
 :909

I play Persona Q, Smash Bros, and Animal Crossing

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 12:47:06 pm »
Also console exclusives are getting rarer and rarer. It seems that PC and Nintendo are the only ones who are still very exclusive. And with PC only because there are lots of games that only really work on a pc and don't translate to consoles.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 05:40:21 pm »

I havent been brave enough to get animal crossing new leaf yet. I got so addicted to  the ds one. It consumed my life. Loving smash though, especially with the wii u support.  Also just got majoras mask so thats me gone for the weekene
what's to say?

Offline Kyle

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2015, 12:26:55 am »

I havent been brave enough to get animal crossing new leaf yet. I got so addicted to  the ds one. It consumed my life. Loving smash though, especially with the wii u support.  Also just got majoras mask so thats me gone for the weekene

I wasted so, so, so much time on the original GC and on Wild World. I don't have a wii or 3ds. But that's one of the games that's always made me tempted to buy it.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2015, 11:30:48 pm »
I had the wii version but i found ita bit too big in a way.  Finding any given vilager seemed to take ages. At the same time though, the city felt much too small.
what's to say?