Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: PC vs Console  (Read 11496 times)

Offline LoneWanderer

• Dammit, Jim! I'm a naturist, not a pervert!
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
Re: PC vs Console
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2015, 01:26:36 am »
I own a Xbox 360, a PS3, and a PS4. Used to play them a lot until I discovered the wonderful world of PC gaming. Once GTA V is released on Steam, I doubt any of those consoles will be touched for a long time.

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #46 on: February 24, 2015, 06:41:14 pm »
:909
What 3ds games do you play?

I play Persona Q, Smash Bros, and Animal Crossing

I havent been brave enough to get animal crossing new leaf yet. I got so addicted to  the ds one. It consumed my life. Loving smash though, especially with the wii u support.  Also just got majoras mask so thats me gone for the weekene

I got it too and have played it a little bit. It looks so pretty! I'm letting my wife play through it first, since she's never played it before. I'm looking forward to reliving the magic of Majora though!
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

PrinceOfNaturism

« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2015, 07:47:05 pm »
Well, it really depends on the game. If it's something like the Jedi Knight games or The Elder Scrolls, I'll play those on PC mostly because of the great mods. But for other games (i.e. Prince of Persia or the LEGO games), I'll play those on my Xbox.

H3R0

« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2015, 01:49:33 am »
Well, it really depends on the game. If it's something like the Jedi Knight games or The Elder Scrolls, I'll play those on PC mostly because of the great mods. But for other games (i.e. Prince of Persia or the LEGO games), I'll play those on my Xbox.

@PrinceOfNaturism Same! Although i rarely use my consoles, I only buy the PS3 exclusives. :confused

Offline jermazing

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 10:26:38 pm »
i grew up playing console games super Nintendo, Xbox, Xbox 360, Ps3 and now a Ps4. But now that i have a Gaming laptop i have just been playing skyrim and total war rome 2 like crazy. I consider myslef to be a true gamer i play games for the games not because of the platform. I honestly cannot pic one over the other i love them all :234567
You don't have a soul.
You are a soul.
You have a body.

Riot.EXE

« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2015, 09:50:43 am »
With a PC, you don't have to specifically buy a bunch of expensive consoles that only work for particular games.  Add an emulator or two, and a customized PC is basically an all in one gaming device. 

I'm definitely a PC guy.  It solves all of my gaming needs.

Even the slickest of PC rigs can't emulate console games 100%, because there's quite a few games that only run 100% correct on their native consoles. Sorry.

Offline NudeNathan

• Bare Squad - Moderation Division
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I come with my own background music
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2015, 11:15:53 am »
With a PC, you don't have to specifically buy a bunch of expensive consoles that only work for particular games.  Add an emulator or two, and a customized PC is basically an all in one gaming device. 

Even the slickest of PC rigs can't emulate console games 100%, because there's quite a few games that only run 100% correct on their native consoles. Sorry.
I think the general argument is PC has more power and more variety of games, for the games that had PC in mind when developed, PC will usually be much better than consoles. I honestly don't understand why this argument even exists in the first place, but I digress... We don't need to be having this argument, games are games, can't we just enjoy them for what they are without focusing on what hardware they are running on?

Riot.EXE

« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2015, 05:23:58 pm »

I think the general argument is PC has more power and more variety of games, for the games that had PC in mind when developed, PC will usually be much better than consoles. I honestly don't understand why this argument even exists in the first place, but I digress... We don't need to be having this argument, games are games, can't we just enjoy them for what they are without focusing on what hardware they are running on?
That's what I've been saying, though...the argument is stupid. It's always been stupid. No format is better than another, it's all a matter of your taste in games. Genres that tended to flourish on PCs were ones I didn't give two shits about, so there's NO WAY IN HELL you could tell me it was superior, and even with the argument of emulation, the fact that a big part of the experience of arcade gaming was the arcade cabinet itself. Take something like "After Burner"...the original cabinet fucking SHOOK AND MOVED AS YOU PLAYED THE GAME. Your rig and your desk will not do that, so shut the hell up. But if you didn't grow up going to arcades, why would you care about any of that? It's just gonna go in circles. Like, hey, I'd love to play the new "Killer Instinct", but I don't have an XBOXONE right now. Is that game going to be on PC? NO. Will your PC be able to emulate it? NO. So shut the fuck up about your god damn PC. The end. It's always PC kids making the argument anyways...it's fucking annoying.

[EDIT: Killer Instinct is coming to PC after all...]
« Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 08:29:34 pm by Riot.EXE »

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2015, 07:17:15 pm »
The SNES is pretty much the best-emulatable console in the world, thanks to Higan's low level emulation. Anything more modern than that requires tricks and optimizations to run even on the most modern PC, which is totally fine. Most emulation inaccuracies do not matter to the average, non-purist player, and emulators can add additional features like real-time saving, fast-forward and high-res textures. In fact, the problem with emulating old games is not emulation inaccuracy - it is the fact that you probably do not have a screen that would give you the original experience anymore. Systems like NES and SNES, and most importantly the games that run on them, are designed with old analog CRTs in mind, so purists will not only need the console itself, but more importantly the proper screen.

As for your argument, Mr. Riot, you are right about that. What matters most in gaming is the games themselves. You can have the greatest platform, it is worthless if you cannot play a thing on it. For that matter, this is practically the only differentiation the systems have in the first place. Technically, they are pretty much interchangable, aside from Nintendo's strategy of disrupting the market with novel input methods while leaving raw power aside. Still, while this fact makes platform exclusives play a bigger role in what system to get, it also makes their very existence more frustrating. Which only makes Valve's Portal 2 PS3 deal seem so much more awesome.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline dan108

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2015, 11:20:46 pm »
I grew up on a PC but switched to the PS3 in my late teens - sadly I don;t get much time to play any more :(

I think my favourite hardware was the gameboy!
Always happy to chat by pm or Skype

Riot.EXE

« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2015, 04:14:27 am »
The SNES is pretty much the best-emulatable console in the world, thanks to Higan's low level emulation. Anything more modern than that requires tricks and optimizations to run even on the most modern PC, which is totally fine. Most emulation inaccuracies do not matter to the average, non-purist player, and emulators can add additional features like real-time saving, fast-forward and high-res textures. In fact, the problem with emulating old games is not emulation inaccuracy - it is the fact that you probably do not have a screen that would give you the original experience anymore. Systems like NES and SNES, and most importantly the games that run on them, are designed with old analog CRTs in mind, so purists will not only need the console itself, but more importantly the proper screen.

As for your argument, Mr. Riot, you are right about that. What matters most in gaming is the games themselves. You can have the greatest platform, it is worthless if you cannot play a thing on it. For that matter, this is practically the only differentiation the systems have in the first place. Technically, they are pretty much interchangable, aside from Nintendo's strategy of disrupting the market with novel input methods while leaving raw power aside. Still, while this fact makes platform exclusives play a bigger role in what system to get, it also makes their very existence more frustrating. Which only makes Valve's Portal 2 PS3 deal seem so much more awesome.

I'm glad you understand.

Density

« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2015, 04:10:37 pm »
I am PC Gamer myself. PC just has more value to it and since all consoles are basically are trying to become mobile computers, I am content with my desktop.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2015, 02:52:21 pm »
My specs

Intel i7 4970K Devils Canon
MSI GTX 970 4GB GAMING
WD Blue 1 TB 2700 rpm
 toshiba 250 ssd (low quality stock form laptop)
1 stick HyperX 8gb Ram @1600
EVGA Z97 FTW mobo
NZXT Phantom in red
Lots of fans
LED controller and one strip
Standard dvd drive

I have pics if you want, but i am a PCMasterRace member
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Offline puppiesrawesome

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2015, 01:09:26 am »
I used to be console but thats before i had the money and interest in pc gaming. Now the players are generally more mature (except on the more modern CoD games like MW3 and MW2) but cod 2 is great. I also like bf4

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2015, 04:10:42 am »
Have a 360 but haven't touched it in years. PC gaming all the way for me. Ordered a Steam Link on Friday so will be amped to start playing on that.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.