Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: can somebody please explain college sports?  (Read 1098 times)

Offline jabber1990

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
can somebody please explain college sports?
« on: January 03, 2015, 08:47:36 pm »
I'm not trying to start anything, but I don't get it, why do people cheer for college teams that 1) they've never been to? 2) they never WILL go to? 3) don't know anyone who's been to them?

it just makes no sense to me

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
Re: can somebody please explain college sports?
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2015, 10:53:06 pm »
The same can be offered for professional teams? Why cheer for professional teams when 1) they never played for that team or own investments in the team? 2) they never will play for that team? 3) they don’t know anyone personally that's been on the team

In fact, wouldn't you consider it more meaningful to cheer for college teams than professional teams considering athletes tend to play on professional teams from different areas then where they are from just because of the amount of money they are offered? Whereas college teams tend to have a more accurate representation of that actual city being more of their athletes are actually from there and they play for the love of the game and pride for their school, rather than just money?