Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: AFL  (Read 21372 times)

richym

Re: AFL
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2016, 10:10:50 pm »
I probably shouldn't admit it these days, but I"m an Essendon supporter.

Offline spudfarmer

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2016, 02:19:51 am »
I probably shouldn't admit it these days, but I"m an Essendon supporter.

That's OK Richard, we all make mistakes sometimes  :tongue:

I'm a Cats supporter... It was fun to be on the top for a while, but I've been enjoying seeing the next generation of players coming through over the last few years.

richym

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 09:59:10 pm »
Yeah it's always good to watch the ups and downs of your team, always hoping that this year will be better than the last.  Can't get much worse for us.

Offline spudfarmer

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 10:15:40 pm »
Well hopefully once the CAS result comes out, one way or the other that will be the end of it and everyone can just move on. Can't be much fun watching your team wondering whether the rug is going to be pulled out from under them.

richym

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 10:18:18 pm »
Yeah, especially having been proud in the past of how our team seemed to really care about their players, and then this happened.  Really sad.  Must say I really haven't paid attention to the football for a couple of years now.

Offline spudfarmer

• Casually Dressed
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 10:59:55 pm »
Well that result must hurt.  :sad:

2016 may not see much success for you guys, but on the more positive side, it will likely mean that your recent early draft picks like Darcy Parish and Aaron Francis get an extended run in the team and the chance for some less established names to take on more responsibility.

A fresh start in 2017 is at least a clear light at the end of the tunnel now.

richym

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 11:16:32 pm »
Yeah mate, I guess the hope the hope is that with this decision all of this issue can be over, although I saw something online suggesting the players should sue the club, which could just mean that things continue on, will have to wait and see.  Every cloud has a silver lining, and hopefuly some good will come out of it all.

tc00022

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 09:50:29 am »
Kangas for me.