Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Super Smash Bros Series  (Read 3050 times)

jowjowgnome

Super Smash Bros Series
« on: January 21, 2015, 09:21:21 pm »
anyone here a longtime smash player?
i started playing melee a couple years AFTER it came out and i have played brawl but never got the chance to play sm4sh and have been considering buying a nindendo 2ds to play it when the summer comes around.

how would you rate yourself as a smash player? like scale of one to ten, one being spam a and spam b, and ten being like using advanced techniques like teching, wavedashing, dance dashing, chain grabbing and comboing and so on and so forth

me i rate myself probably a 7 but i have been playing for many years and play alsmot every day.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
  • happiness is a state of dress.
  • Referrals: 0
    • fresh direction
Re: Super Smash Bros Series
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2015, 09:28:51 pm »
Ive played everyone since the n64. I still have them all. When i practice I'm probably a 6 or a 7 but i just play for fun mostly. Not got round to smash 3d yet.i have it but pokemon and fantasy life have taken precident
what's to say?

jowjowgnome

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »
Ive played everyone since the n64. I still have them all. When i practice I'm probably a 6 or a 7 but i just play for fun mostly. Not got round to smash 3d yet.i have it but pokemon and fantasy life have taken precident

you played since n64! how much of a difference was n64 compared to melee, and what are your thoughts on brawl, i personally was disappointed with brawl after having played melee for so long btu hey, you live and you learn.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 11:46:52 pm »
I thought they were all amazing. Each has built on the last and made improvements
what's to say?

Lang

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 12:09:41 am »
my first one was melee, and then i got brawl. haven't played any other though. i'm absolutely terrible

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2015, 12:52:58 am »
The only installment of Smash I haven't played is the original on N64. As for my skill level, I'd say I'm about a 7, though this can fluctuate depending on who I'm playing as and who my opponent is.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2015, 10:47:06 pm »
Yeah. I'm only good with link, kirby picachu and, strangely,  solid snake
what's to say?

Offline Gman707

• always up for a chat
  • Naturist Superhero
    • fresh direction
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 05:46:26 pm »
Ok. Got the 3DS one now. Awesome game. Ive dropped a bit with link but I'm rocking greninja and the brawler mii. 
what's to say?

Riot.EXE

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 01:09:24 pm »
I like Smash, but I HATE "Competitive" Smash (Like what you'd see at EVO, speaking of which, it's in the lineup this year). I own Melee and the 3DS one (hit me up for the friend code), and they're cool enough.

Offline rockasocka1992

• Shouting it out loud
  • love being in nature outfit :)
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 07:50:20 pm »
It's a really fun game :) , but my ex GF was undefeatable XD .
hello , im a 27 year old guy from belgium , i enjoy nature and i love being naked because it lets me feel free :).

Offline The_Xenologer

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2015, 10:33:20 pm »
I'm a HUGE fan of Smash Bros. It is my favourite fighting game series. With my best characters and depending on which Smash Bros game I'm playing, I would say that I'm around a 7. My best characters in original Smash are Mario and Ness. My best characters in Melee are Marth, Ice Climbers, Ness, and Luigi. My best characters in Brawl are the same as Melee, except I would add Lucas and Ivysaur (not as good with Squirtle and Charizard). I haven't played 3DS/Wii U Smash much yet, but I quite like Greninja, Lucina, and Robin from the new characters.   
“A mind needs books like a sword needs a whetstone.”

-Tyrion Lannister

Offline shineForth

• Fully Dressed
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2015, 12:59:41 am »
In the new games I mainly stick to Samus and Robin, mostly for psyching people out with projectiles. When I'm in the mood to just cave someone's face in outright though, I usually go for Shulk.

No matter who I'm using though, I really can't say I'm particularly good -- maybe a 6 on a good day, significantly worse if I happen to be fighting multiple people at a time. Fighting games just really aren't my forte.  :confused

Riot.EXE

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2015, 04:41:14 am »
In the new games I mainly stick to Samus and Robin, mostly for psyching people out with projectiles. When I'm in the mood to just cave someone's face in outright though, I usually go for Shulk.

No matter who I'm using though, I really can't say I'm particularly good -- maybe a 6 on a good day, significantly worse if I happen to be fighting multiple people at a time. Fighting games just really aren't my forte.  :confused

Smash Bros. isn't much of a fighting game (Competitive Smash is basically playing pretend), but an amazing party game. If you want to play fighting games, go play Street Fighter or Tekken or The King of Fighters or somethin'.

Offline shineForth

• Fully Dressed
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2015, 06:05:32 pm »
Smash Bros. isn't much of a fighting game (Competitive Smash is basically playing pretend), but an amazing party game. If you want to play fighting games, go play Street Fighter or Tekken or The King of Fighters or somethin'.
I'm pretty sure I'd be even worse at actual fighting games, lol. Probably best for me to leave those alone for the sake of my sanity. :hiding

Riot.EXE

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 11:18:44 am »
I'm pretty sure I'd be even worse at actual fighting games, lol. Probably best for me to leave those alone for the sake of my sanity. :hiding

There are too many resources out there to help you to really say that. There's too many titles out now that there's got to be SOMETHING that gains your attention. I mean, if you're not feelin' it, you're not feelin' it, but help is out there.