Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Terry Pratchett & Discworld  (Read 3452 times)

Wombling Wurzel

Re: Terry Pratchett & Discworld
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2015, 12:42:03 pm »
YOU CAN TELL WHO IS THE CHARACTER I LIKE IS BY THE WAY I HAVE TYPE THIS.

richym

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2016, 10:16:13 pm »
Yeah love these books, I put my son to sleep each night and we are working our way through the series.  He is just over 2 1/2, and we are in the middle of Thud, so not many more books to go.  I think my favourite is Hogfather, just love Death trying to be human.

Offline Rafa

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2016, 01:35:15 am »
What exactly is the Discworld series about? I tried searching but everything I found was quite confusing...

Offline spudfarmer

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2016, 05:44:40 am »
The Last Continent will always have a special place in my heart. It was the first of the Discworld novels that I was introduced to, and being from Australia I found it hilarious.

I haven't read the whole series yet unfortunately, but luckily my partner has recently ordered the rest of the series that aren't in our collection so will be able to fill in the missing stories soon enough :)

What exactly is the Discworld series about? I tried searching but everything I found was quite confusing...

It's hard to describe Rafaegam... The stories themselves aren't really linked, it is just a collection of stories based in the same fantasy universe. The world is made of a disc that is on top of four elephants(which stand on the back of a giant turtle). Pratchett always includes a healthy amount of silly which makes the series fun for all ages.

richym

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2016, 06:52:28 am »
The discworld series is a fantasy series based on the discworld.  This is a flat world on a disc, which moves through space on the back of four elephants who stand on the shell of the great space turtle A'Tun.   There are various countries and major cities on the discworld, with many different types of people.  Humans, Dwarfs, Trolls, Gnomes, etc.   The books have different focuses.  Many are focused on probably the biggest city, Ankh-Morpork.   These books might focus on the night watch, lead by Commander Vimes, others on the Wizards who have Unseen University in the city.  The wizards are generally stupid.   Other books focus on the character death.  Others focus on the witches who live up in the mountains.   They are comedy fantasy books.
Hope that makes some sense.

Offline Rafa

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:26 pm »
That makes a little more sense lol, I'll see if I can get one to when I need a light funny read. Thanks!