Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Star Trek  (Read 26966 times)

Stuart

Re: Star Trek
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2009, 09:09:06 pm »
Just been back to see Star Trek after pestering Karla for a couple of weeks to back and see it.

SPOLIER ALERT - GO NO FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN IT!

And a very annoying thought hit me. So the time line has been altered, that means much of the original series won't happen as it did. These changes will no doubt multiply over the years, so the Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager wouldn't happen either. I'm fine about this, but couldn't they have done something to wipe Enterprise from existence as well?!? That darned franchise-killer remains untouched!

ChristineH

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2009, 01:12:26 am »
We were in New York some 3 weeks ago. We saw ST in a Times Square theatre with surround sound. Story aside, the special effects were WOW!

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2009, 12:41:27 pm »

And a very annoying thought hit me. So the time line has been altered, that means much of the original series won't happen as it did. These changes will no doubt multiply over the years, so the Next Generation, Deep Space 9 and Voyager wouldn't happen either. I'm fine about this, but couldn't they have done something to wipe Enterprise from existence as well?!? That darned franchise-killer remains untouched!

Actually this is considered an "alternate" time line. Current idea is, you could never actually go back in time and kill your own grandfather. If you did go back in time, you would actually go to a universe that was much like our own, but was delayed (by how many ever years). So you while you may kill someone who has the same name, and has most of the same memories, he would not be your grandfather.

I agree 100%

Joey

Stuart

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2009, 12:43:47 pm »

Actually this is considered an "alternate" time line. Current idea is, you could never actually go back in time and kill your own grandfather. If you did go back in time, you would actually go to a universe that was much like our own, but was delayed (by how many ever years). So you while you may kill someone who has the same name, and has most of the same memories, he would not be your grandfather.

So there's no way to erase "Enterprise" from existence?  :879

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 03:40:17 am »

Scott Bakula rules!
 :543

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2009, 11:53:58 am »

Scott Bakula rules!

Joey, we love ya but umm...no.  No, Joey.  No.  Go to your room please. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2009, 12:41:20 pm »

Scott Bakula rules!

Joey, we love ya but umm...no.  No, Joey.  No.  Go to your room please. 

[walks away with head down]
[sniffle]
[tear]
 :45

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2009, 05:27:06 pm »
Hey I liked Enterprise.  It had a rocky start but season 4 was great.  Their Mirror Universe episodes were the best Trek I had seen in years.

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2009, 11:02:24 pm »
Hey I liked Enterprise.  It had a rocky start but season 4 was great.  Their Mirror Universe episodes were the best Trek I had seen in years.

I agree!  I found it interesting at times too.  But, Scott Bacula..umm.no. 

Heres a little bit of Trivia on that btw.  When one program aired in the U.S. it cut out a nude scene with Tpol. Yet, in Canada, she was clearnly nude from the rear.  Good on the Canadians for not censoring it.  Ok, back to Star Trek,. 

-D

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2009, 01:51:25 pm »

Heres a little bit of Trivia on that btw.  When one program aired in the U.S. it cut out a nude scene with Tpol. Yet, in Canada, she was clearnly nude from the rear.  Good on the Canadians for not censoring it.  Ok, back to Star Trek,. 

-D

Don't remember that episode. Go Canada!

:)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2009, 02:53:58 pm »

-D

Offline Fitz1980

• Shouting it out loud
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2009, 02:57:07 pm »

-D

She does have a well defined body.

Offline joeyn

• Umm...
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Me
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2009, 10:50:21 pm »

-D

Wow, I'm sorry I missed that.

(I apologize ladies, that was my "typical guy" moment)

Stuart

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2009, 08:52:11 am »

-D

And those were Enterprise's only two redeeming features  :345678

Karla

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2009, 03:07:26 pm »
And those were Enterprise's only two redeeming features  :345678

Well I think you're being too harsh. Enterprise was entertaining enough. Before that the Trekkies were complaining about Voyager (which I rather enjoyed myself). OK so the whole season-long 911 style story arc was a mistake, but then not every gamble pays off.