Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Why Nudism is good for Humanity  (Read 1722 times)

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Why Nudism is good for Humanity
« on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:04 am »
Post from The Nude Philosopher perching to choir not to be confused with The Naturist Philosopher
We all know humans are the most different and unique creatures on this earth. Not because we are the smartest, but because for some long-forgotten reason we choose to wear clothes. Most people wear clothes for reasons even they hardly understand, but I will discuss those reasons in some other post. Now I want to discuss how if we choose to embrace nudism and live a nudist lifestyle it could very much drastically change our perspective towards others and ourselves.

You see when we see people in clothes around us daily, every person looks completely different. Some are red, some are blue, some have loose fitting clothes, some are tight. It makes our brain subconsciously think that we are living among the very different species than us since everyone looks different. This subconscious brain also has an effect on our conscious brain in that we don’t really feel any connection with other people we see in our lives and don’t really care about them. That connection is missing which would have otherwise made us believe that we all are a part of the same species and hence a lot more like others than we prefer to think. If you are nude socially either on a beach or some other place you would instantly recognize this ‘connection’ with other humans and with nature. And once we begin to realize that we all are the same and not that different, then we would start respecting each other a lot more and we would have a lot less wars or fights. Nudism may be the single most important thing which we may need to make this world a lot more peaceful place to live. Nudism would bring us together a lot more as a species than any religion, language or nationalism could ever hope to do.

And I always look forward to that day when everyone would roam free on this earth as the nature intended without any man-made constraints but until then we would have to make do with all the other legal options we have. So I request everyone to try at least once to leave all your fears created by this society behind and go to a nude beach, resort, a nude meetup and sense first hand what I am talking about. You will finally find that sense of freedom, connection and the feeling of belongingness to the human race, and you will finally see all these other people for what they really are- your own brothers and sisters.

https://thenudephilosopher.wordpress.com/2015/04/17/why-nudism-is-good-for-humanity/?blogsub=confirmed#blog_subscription-3
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline nitram

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
Re: Why Nudism is good for Humanity
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:53:53 pm »

Wow, this author goes to far in the ideology.

we don’t really feel any connection with other people we see in our lives and don’t really care about them.
Does one need to counter-argument this??

That connection is missing which would have otherwise made us believe that we all are a part of the same species and hence a lot more like others than we prefer to think.
Many nudist Native American peoples call themselves with names which mean "human" or something like this, hence denying humanity status to aliens.

Being nudists don't prevent them to continuously wage war on their Nudist neighbors.

If you are nude socially either on a beach or some other place you would instantly recognize this ‘connection’ with other humans and with nature.

This can happen with Westerns in nudists settings but it doesn't goes automatically.
Researchers have pointed out that social interactions tend to be weaker in nudist settings.
Example:

My observations revealed that people do not look at each other very often, and never directly or in an offensive way. They also revealed that people try to avoid the presence of others by both settling themselves in isolated areas of the beach away from the main transit routes and keeping a safe distance from the rest. Tourists rarely interact with other people when they are naked. On the nudist beach there is a rigid sexual behaviour that represses even acceptable sensual practices. Most of the people stay in their ‘plot’, in the nudist corner, normally in silence without displaying any sort of erotic body language, not even kissing or hugging. The body is uncovered but not sensually enacted; it is not on display.
[/size](http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/14649360701251866, page 133; afterwards, the author develops a positive review of nudism as being haptic not visual, which would explain this in part.)

[/size]once we begin to realize that we all are the same and not that different, then we would start respecting each other a lot more and we would have a lot less wars or fights. Nudism may be the single most important thing which we may need to make this world a lot more peaceful place to live.
[/size]
[size=78%]

[/size]I disagree. Nudist children and teens have to be raised to be polite as every other children, for example. Complaints against nudist teens misbehavior exist in naturist resorts, not to talk about the nudist Native American peoples' wars, and the misrepresentation of nudism by Nazis.[size=78%]

[/size]Nudism can be a feature of a peacebuilding culture, but it's not outside a cultural framework, it's always inside.[size=78%]

[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]And I always look forward to that day when everyone would roam free on this earth as the nature intended without any man-made constraints[size=78%]

[/size]
[size=78%]
[/size]Human-made constraints will always be there. Nudism can't evolve in a vacuum and outside a cultural realm. Nudism is not neutral. Statements like the ones of the blog's author raise to much expectations which cannot be fulfilled.[size=78%][/size]
« Last Edit: May 11, 2015, 03:59:29 pm by nitram »

Offline softynude

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Why Nudism is good for Humanity
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2015, 12:25:57 pm »
Excellent extract !! totally agree with this "Nudism would bring us together a lot more as a species than any religion, language or nationalism could ever hope to do."
*“Do not fear to be eccentric in opinion, for every opinion now accepted was once eccentric.”