Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Outstayed welcome  (Read 4041 times)

soccerboss

Outstayed welcome
« on: May 22, 2015, 02:34:24 pm »
I've posted this here because I was unsure where to post .

It seems that ( in the opinion of some)I have outstayed ones welcome on here, so in order not to upset some of the 'younger' members I will attempt to remove myself from the forum.

If it is possible to remove my profile completely, then I would appreciate someone informing me how.

Regards

Steve.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Outstayed welcome
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 03:33:08 am »
It should be under your profile it requires moderator approval but if you really want your account deleted now I'll do it. On upsetting younger members I guess that's going to happen from time to time but I guess if your losing touch moving on maybe an option. It's still up to you we don't do forced retirements

I'm everywhere and nowhere

soccerboss

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2015, 03:04:42 pm »
Thanks for replying
It's not a case of 'losing touch' as you say , it's more a case of a certain member insinuating that I was too old to be a member on here.

If that is the general view of the Admin' , then I will indeed remove myself.

All I was doing was offering some advice, obviously someone disagreed with the advice and suggested that I was too old to be a member now anyway.

I could have taken real issue about this and gone into great detail as to why I gave the advice that I did, but at the end of the day , is it really worth my time to explain myself to someone who clearly doesn't see any value in 'Experience'.

Cheers.

Steve.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2015, 05:30:08 pm »
Report the user, insults are always uncalled for.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 05:40:31 pm »
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 07:34:21 pm »
Both sides have a very good argument as for the age issue. However, we are leaving this issue as a personal decision, leave or don't leave, make the choice. We can do without the whole dramatic thread. If you wish to stay, then you are more than welcome to block the person you had the issue with, rather than waste time with this nonsense. If you wish to leave, you may do so, that's it.

H3R0

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 11:08:01 pm »
Stephen layin it out!!!  :shocked: Jokes aside, I personally feel that, although older than the recommended age, it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.  :confused

Riot.EXE

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2015, 04:27:45 am »
Both sides have a very good argument as for the age issue. However, we are leaving this issue as a personal decision, leave or don't leave, make the choice. We can do without the whole dramatic thread. If you wish to stay, then you are more than welcome to block the person you had the issue with, rather than waste time with this nonsense. If you wish to leave, you may do so, that's it.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2015, 02:24:59 am »
It looks like we sorted it now. Makes my post look stupid reading it again
I'm everywhere and nowhere

BellaJordan

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 09:33:30 pm »
I wouldn't let them get to you. You are fine. You haven't hurt anyone with you being on this site  and as the admins said your most welcome to stay.