Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 5 Body Shaming Comments Naturists Are Tired Of Hearing  (Read 31535 times)

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
Re: 5 Body Shaming Comments Naturists Are Tired Of Hearing
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2018, 12:58:11 pm »
Until shame was thrown into it, you are very correct. Don't know about other religions though. Might be something similar.

I'm a Christian and I have no truck with some (not all) Christians who say that nudity is 'shameful' because "God and the Bible says so".  But take a closer look at it.  After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit at the insistence of Satan (in the guise of a serpent), they became ashamed and covered their genitals with fig leaves and hid when they heard God walking in the garden.  When Adam tried making the excuse that he didn't want God to see him because he was naked, God asked "WHO told you that you were naked?  Did you eat of the tree that I told you not to eat from?"

That is absolute proof that God is not offended by Man's nudity, it is Satan that causes us to.  After Adam and Eve 'fessed up as to what they had done, God then gave them animal skins and drove them out of the garden.  Non-nudist Christians argue that the skins were given to protect their 'modesty', but nudist Christians believe they were given for practical purposes only.

Indeed, clothing plays very little use to humans in a practical sense with the exception of warmth and protection. 

"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"

Offline rich88

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2018, 12:02:23 am »
My favorite response to hate is “ugh, I can never unsee that, i’m scarred for life”. I still haven’t formulated a good response. First off, it’s a human body just like everyone else, second, that’s a real life person you’re talking about, third, you can make eye contact and communicate without your eyes wandering, fourth, you really let external events affect you that much? I could go on...

gj83

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 02:41:36 pm »
I somewhat disagree that breasts are not inherently sexual. Speaking as a medical student, we learn about secondary sexual characteristics. These include hair growth in the genital region and armpit, facial hair for the men, and the growth of breasts for the women. As most of you have personally experienced, these changes happen in puberty, and the timing coincides with the discovery of sexuality. Developed breasts are a sign that a woman has become fertile, and is an unique trait for women, so to say that they have no sexuality associated with them might be a little naive.

Just my 2 cents.

I hear what you're saying.  But, at the same time, that's almost like saying a beard/mustache is inherently sexual.  A full beard generally signals that a man has developed sexually, and is a unique trait for men.  So, yes, breasts and beards are both sex-related characteristics, but that does not mean that men should need to wear hairnets on their faces in public.

cc71

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2018, 10:45:42 am »
Some people never learn

Offline NemoBond

• Topless with bottoms
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2018, 05:06:09 pm »
Until shame was thrown into it, you are very correct. Don't know about other religions though. Might be something similar.

I'm a Christian and I have no truck with some (not all) Christians who say that nudity is 'shameful' because "God and the Bible says so".  But take a closer look at it.  After Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit at the insistence of Satan (in the guise of a serpent), they became ashamed and covered their genitals with fig leaves and hid when they heard God walking in the garden.  When Adam tried making the excuse that he didn't want God to see him because he was naked, God asked "WHO told you that you were naked?  Did you eat of the tree that I told you not to eat from?"

That is absolute proof that God is not offended by Man's nudity, it is Satan that causes us to.  After Adam and Eve 'fessed up as to what they had done, God then gave them animal skins and drove them out of the garden.  Non-nudist Christians argue that the skins were given to protect their 'modesty', but nudist Christians believe they were given for practical purposes only.

Indeed, clothing plays very little use to humans in a practical sense with the exception of warmth and protection.

I am also a believer and everyone in my church knows that I am a naturist and if they have a problem with that it is their problem not mine, for the same reasons you mentioned I believe the skins that God gave to them were for practical purposes and lets face it there are times no matter how much we like to be nude that practicality calls for clothing. As to them covering them up because they were ashamed I often ask myself was it because of their bodies that they were ashamed or was it because they knew they had disobeyed God and thus their minds were now naked instead of innocent.

Offline teennudist12345

• Closet Nudist
  • Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Looking to make friends!
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2021, 10:33:34 pm »
Well as much I believe anyone of us would want it to be different. Their views aren't changing soon. Nudity itself has already became sexualized a lot
Feel free to PM me here or DM my discord:
Love to get to know yall