Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Vampire The Masquerade  (Read 1701 times)

dracohorriblus

Vampire The Masquerade
« on: July 21, 2015, 03:39:45 am »
So does anyone here play VTM VDA or V20.... I purposely ignored VTR because that in my opinion was horrible...

Anyways I've been trying to convert @BellaJordan off and on for years to play.  She will play the video game but never the actual RPG. She always blames the kids.. Shhhh don't let her know I know.  Anyways I was just posting to see if anyone else had any experience with it and what their fondest memories of it were or are.

Offline Dan

• N Forum Veteran
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 5
Re: Vampire The Masquerade
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2015, 04:32:56 am »
So does anyone here play VTM VDA or V20....

I used to. I even led a non-camclub LARP every week (every two weeks after a year) for two years. I rewrote the rule system because the MET system sucked really hard.

I played Camarilla and Sabbat. Sabbat is a lot of fun but it is so hard to find players who can play that well.

I think V20 is alright but really half-assed the "updating to the 21st century" bit. Cool, I know what elders think of cellphone. Now tell me what it means that Facebook and Google both cracked open the masquerade (it would be quite improbable they didn't). Tell me what it means for the masquerade that absolutely everyone now has a high-res camera at all times. And you know what? Fuck the 21st century! If you want to have a blast dial back the the 90s. Now answers aren't on Google because there isn't a Google. You now need to use public phones instead of cellphones because no one has those bulky things anyway.

You can even have all the actual historical events (Diana's death and all) happen in parallel to your chronicle to help the feel.

In conclusion : The 90s isn't only the time where the best VTM stuff was written, it's also the best period to play in!

I purposely ignored VTR because that in my opinion was horrible...

Quite.
"Politics is an ocean of toes" - Jacques Parizeau (1930-2015, RIP)

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2015, 04:58:49 am »
I have the video game but actually never sat down and played the RPG of it. Loved the game though. I'd have to say that I'd like to try the other out someday, but guess that won't ever happen.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline Historybuff83

• Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 03:35:13 am »
Never played VtM, although did play in a pan-WoD campaign (I played Garou werewolf) in which we had a Nosferatu in the party. Interesting times indeed....

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 04:26:54 am »
I have the video game but actually never sat down and played the RPG of it. Loved the game though. I'd have to say that I'd like to try the other out someday, but guess that won't ever happen.

Why won't that ever happen?

Games like that best played with others. And I'm rather short over here of the "others" haha
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.