Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Sigur Ros  (Read 6208 times)

comporta

Re: Sigur Ros
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2011, 06:30:51 pm »
 :234567 video! :e4444

elnudio

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2012, 11:01:28 pm »
I am an extremely big fan of Icelandic band Sigur Ros.  I could listen to them hours/days/weeks at a time and never get bored.  There is something about their music that gives me the impression it's very focused on making people "feel" and you're always effectively encouraged to sit down and just listen to the music.

They are Icelandic and mostly sing in Icelandic or a language they have made up.  The music is so international though and you don't need to understand what they are singing about to still appreciate what it is they have composed.  I think that is one of the reasons i have fallen in love with the band.

At the moment they are doing a world tour.  The band have been doing various gigs in America and Canada over the last month and are due to head to Japan before starting the European leg of their tour.  Many of the bands tour dates are outwith the UK (the only date being a festival on the Isle of Wight) which has left me a bit disappointed.  I've never actually seen them live before, but their DVD "Heima" (which currently can be found in full on YouTube) is incredibly beautiful, and as a result i am prepared to more or less anything to go see them. 

My birthday is on November 4th, this is the very last day the band are due to perform in Europe and it just so happens to be the closest location geographically to me... AND it is on Icelandic soil.  All these seem to be fantastic reasons for me to want to go, however i've had a very expensive summer so far and it's not likely i'll be able to knock up enough expendable cash to pay for flight/accom/spending before November.  I am unbelievably sad because of this.  The band are on their first tour in 4 years, at the early part of that 4 years the lead singer had released his own music and did some with his partner.  There was a feeling that Sigur Ros may end up splitting up... i know that this might happen yet after they have done this tour (which promotes their recently released new album "Valtari").

Obviously i hope my fears are unfounded, but i am sure there are many of you who have followed a band and so desperately wanted to see them and found that they have since split up.  It's such a horrible feeling.  There are not many bands out there that i'd pay anything to go see (finances depending), but Sigur Ros are one of these bands.

Anyone else from here a fan of this band?

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2012, 12:32:19 pm »
I got into them a couple of years ago, but found them a bit samey and lost interest. I still like them in small doses though.

Offline Jen

• Female Chat
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2012, 12:21:43 am »
Saw them in Aus a few years ago too - atmospheric -you defintely need to be in the mood for them though. They played the first few songs behind a sheet !

Offline monthem

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2012, 02:28:53 pm »
Fjögur píanó

with Shia Labeouf showing a bit more of himself!

i love this song, btw
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:33:34 pm by monthem »

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 02:29:27 pm »
This is a new clip from Sigur Rós

This is a new clip from Sigur Rós’ Valtari Mystery Film Experiment, where the band commissioned a dozen film makers to make them clips for their songs purely from what they hear in their head when they listen to the songs.
Incorporating two tracks Rembihnútur and Ekki múkk to form one clip titled Seraph, Dash Shaw and John Cameron Mitchell, the creators, have composed an animation-based film that can be taken as a little ‘pro-nudism’ in one way, but more likely the effect on our own choice of freedom being squashed by those around us.
The clip starts out with a boy who is playing in the garden and decides to ‘nude up’ while drawing in the sand. His father spots him and decides to give him a religious lesson on why naked flesh is a bad thing in the eyes of God. The next time we see him, he’s getting picked on by a bunch of nudists who don’t tolerate him wearing clothes one bit.
The kid just can’t win can he, and eventually turns to a life of cutting himself regularly and committing violent crime. I’m not sure if it’s all supposed to be a metaphor for something, but it goes to show exactly what the point of the ‘Valtari’ Mystery Film Experiment is all about. Taking the Icelandic band’s ethereal songs and finding your own interpretation for them.
Sigur Rós will be in Australian this November touring on the Harvest Festival lineup.

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Circa6510

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 12:38:59 am »
Love Sigur Ros. Saw them live at Alexandra Palace few years ago. Was amazing. They played a song there live I still haven't found!!! And pretty much any of their music videos is worth a watch. Also, this video has to be the anthem to this website... Check it out.

Offline Daft

• N Forum Veteran
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2012, 07:32:32 pm »
This is a new clip from Sigur Rós

This is a new clip from Sigur Rós’ Valtari Mystery Film Experiment, where the band commissioned a dozen film makers to make them clips for their songs purely from what they hear in their head when they listen to the songs.
Incorporating two tracks Rembihnútur and Ekki múkk to form one clip titled Seraph, Dash Shaw and John Cameron Mitchell, the creators, have composed an animation-based film that can be taken as a little ‘pro-nudism’ in one way, but more likely the effect on our own choice of freedom being squashed by those around us.
The clip starts out with a boy who is playing in the garden and decides to ‘nude up’ while drawing in the sand. His father spots him and decides to give him a religious lesson on why naked flesh is a bad thing in the eyes of God. The next time we see him, he’s getting picked on by a bunch of nudists who don’t tolerate him wearing clothes one bit.
The kid just can’t win can he, and eventually turns to a life of cutting himself regularly and committing violent crime. I’m not sure if it’s all supposed to be a metaphor for something, but it goes to show exactly what the point of the ‘Valtari’ Mystery Film Experiment is all about. Taking the Icelandic band’s ethereal songs and finding your own interpretation for them.
Sigur Rós will be in Australian this November touring on the Harvest Festival lineup.

This video is powerful! And it's kind of amazing that it's on Youtube too:

A nova geração.

Offline stiloff

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2013, 07:39:15 pm »
Sorry to resuscitate this topic but I just listened to them on Songza and they sound awesome!
Make every second count.