Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Interviewing  (Read 1837 times)

Breffni

Interviewing
« on: November 17, 2009, 03:56:24 pm »
Post deleted
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 10:44:13 pm by Enzuigiri »

luvthemgiants

Re: Interviewing Your Favourite Band (Things what I've done, me)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2009, 11:09:22 pm »
nice one mate, great person to do a piece on. he always seemed interesting

looking forward to having a read of the article

:543

Stuart

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 11:18:28 pm »
I once met one of my boyhood heros, John Young the commander of the Apollo 16 moon landing and the first man to fly the Space Shuttle. I was running a lunar geology exhibition for a museum he was giving a talk at and I was able to give him a guided tour of the exhibition, including displays of moon rocks that we'd borrowed from NASA, some of which he'd collected over 30 years before hand. He was the nicest guy imaginable and we had a long talk about both lunar geology and public education.

I must have made an impression because after the curator gave him a tour of the whole museum, he made special point of coming back to thank me for the work I was doing. He also left behind when he left a photo montage of his space flights with his autograph and an inscription thanking me for my "great educational moon rock contributions".

It hangs above my desk to this day

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 09:18:07 pm »
Way to go guys! Yes famous people are normal too...well most of them.

In my line of work I get to meet and work with many famous people. Fortunately (or unfortunately, depends how you look at it) I get to see the real person under the facade of their show-biz persona (or off the pedestal I mentally have them on). I find the more you treat them like any other punter you meet (obviously with respect and kindness), they appreciate it and relax around you.

Offline megidoflame

• Casually Dressed
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2010, 02:11:12 pm »
I'm lucky to have met with members of my fave bands over the years, some cool people, some pricks sadly, but you take the good with the bad, and actually, lots of metal band members are the friendliest bunch of people around

Offline Dario Western

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • The one, The only (according to Google anyway!)
  • Referrals: 16
    • Dario Western's Page
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2010, 01:33:58 am »
I interviewed one of my favourite bands, Sparks, in their fanzine "Sparksound" back in the late 90's.  Here is the interview:

Q: Would you ever do a centrespread for an arty nude magazine?

A: (Russell Mael - vocalist) Yes!

Q: Who is your favourite Australian band and who would you like to support you when you play Australia?

A: (Ron and Russell Mael) We are both big fans of the Australian composer Graeme Revell.  The music he did for the film "Dead Calm" was awesome.  He was in an Australian band, possibly the Bad Seeds?? Oh yeah, The Bee Gees can support us if they're not busy.  [They ended up getting electro pop band Gerling as their support when they finally played in Sydney and Melbourne in 2001]

Q:Is Doris Day REALLY your mother?

A: (Russell) No, she's not.  A long time ago we had told a journalist who was conducting an otherwise lacklustre interview that she was our mother in the hope of livening the interview up.  A few months later her Scandivnavian publishing company contacted us with a large cheque of unpaid royalties due to our mom Doris when we were staying at a hotel over there.  Of course we said "please come round!"

Q: Russell, how do you make the perfect cappucino?

A: The secret's in the foam.  Unless the consistency of the foam is of the same constistency of the foam on a lemon meringue pie, don't trust the cappucino. 
"How ridiculous society is! Why be given a body if you have to shut it away like a rare, rare fiddle?"