Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: John Green  (Read 1912 times)

Offline Kirito

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
  • Referrals: 0
John Green
« on: August 20, 2015, 06:43:14 pm »
Anybody into his books? I just finished reading Looking for Alaska. I have officially read all his books. You know I love how real his books are. He sure knows how to write in the persperspective of a teenager.
Trying to stay alive.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
Re: John Green
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 07:06:50 pm »
I am more into his Youtube videos. To be honest, I have never read his books. Love stories in realistic fiction are not the kind of fiction I am into; heck, I think many great stories are dragged down by romantic subplots. That said, all the talk about the movie production did make me curious about Paper Towns.
Don't Forget To Be Awesome.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

rdfcguy

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2015, 08:33:30 pm »
I am more into his Youtube videos. To be honest, I have never read his books. Love stories in realistic fiction are not the kind of fiction I am into; heck, I think many great stories are dragged down by romantic subplots. That said, all the talk about the movie production did make me curious about Paper Towns.

I like his YouTube videos too, especially the Crash Course history series. I don't think I'll ever read his books, though.

Offline Kirito

• N Forum Veteran
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2015, 08:54:17 pm »
If you like his videos you will like his books. His books make you think about life. After reading one of his books he forces you to reflect on your own life. Got to love that.
Trying to stay alive.

Offline Mark

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am nerd, hear me mumble.
  • Referrals: 7
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2015, 09:42:34 pm »
I've only read Paper Towns all the way through. I started The Fault in Our Stars, but never got a chance to finish it.
Embrace your inner lunatic. Fun times guaranteed.

Offline lord_george

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2015, 04:09:05 pm »
I loved The Fault in Our Stars and I'd like to read the rest of his books eventually.

rdfcguy

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2015, 04:14:50 pm »
I loved The Fault in Our Stars and I'd like to read the rest of his books eventually.

I didn't really understand The Fault in our Stars. If they wanted to marry even though they were going to succumb to illness, they could just run down to the local courthouse and get a marriage license.

Offline cjpilotboy

• Christian Nudist
  • Retired Staff
  • Nude without Towel
  • Be natural, be comfortable ;)
  • Referrals: 37
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2016, 11:38:26 pm »
When I was younger it was interesting to read about the north and wilderness themes that were not common to my Ga upbringing. Dealing with wolves and bares with snow and all that fun stuff isnt directly translatable to the south but it was a good read.
Always seek Truth, dont let anything stop you.

Offline Zephyr

• Gallifrey Stands
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude with Towel
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2016, 12:28:44 pm »

I like his YouTube videos too, especially the Crash Course history series. I don't think I'll ever read his books, though.
I've only ever heard of him from every Crash Course history video I've had to sit through over the last 1 1/2 years of history work for school.