Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ontario, Canada: Naturists try to get part of beach designated clothing optional  (Read 2154 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
A group of naturists gathered at the beach to convince the Ministry of Natural Resources to designate the area clothing optional.
 More than 20 naturists donned their birthday suits at Wasaga Beach on Saturday, but not all onlookers were in the mood to celebrate.
   John Cropper, who helped organize the demonstration, says it’s been an ongoing struggle to designate a portion of the beach as clothing optional.
   “We keep getting the run around by the Ministry of Natural Resources, who have jurisdiction over the beach area, after numerous letters, emails and face-to-face conversations,” he said.
   Citing “safety in numbers,” Cropper said he called upon the GTA Skinnydippers, a Toronto naturist group, to help him make a statement this weekend.
   “We came here as a group to show the MNR we can blend in,” the 65-year-old said, adding a clothing-optional designation has the potential to bring massive amounts of attention and economic activity to the largest freshwater beach in the world.
   A few hours later, the peaceful gathering escalated into naked conflict.
   The entourage told the Star they received a visit from both the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Ontario Provincial Police late in the afternoon.
   “The OPP officer told me to cover my genitals,” said Cropper. “But in the end, any spectators watching saw the MNR and OPP take off while we continued to enjoy ourselves.  “So I would say everything worked out extremely well today.”
   The Star was unable to reach the OPP for comment.
   Having parked their butts at the most eastern portion of the beach, the group’s intention was to stay mostly out of the way of the beach’s main boardwalk.
   Standing on a sand dune, the only two-piece Karole Terry had on was a pair of sandals.
   “If you don’t like it, don’t come to this part of the beach,” the 48-year-old said, lifting her leopard-tinted sunglasses. “People have this misconception that if you aren’t wearing any clothes, then you must be a weirdo or a pervert.
   “This could not be further from the truth.”
   According to naturist Lesley Clarke, the lifestyle is based on acceptance and freedom. These values, she said, are not prevalent in today’s body-shaming culture.
   “As you can probably see, it’s not like we ought to be in Playboy,” Clarke said. “But young women today are being bullied and shamed at the peak of their lives.
   “They feel they have to be skinny or get breast implants where we are physically and mentally healthy just being natural.”

“Some guys feel they can’t take their shirts off unless they have a six-pack,” added Tom Miller, his body piercings glistening in the afternoon sunlight.
   Nevertheless, reaction from the “textiles,” the naturist code name for clothed people, was mixed.
   “This is a park and men should not be walking around without their bottoms,” said Monique, who did not provide her last name. “We are paying for access to this park and are forced to watch naked people.
   “We are being punished.
   Her husband, Robert, expressed outrage.
   “Someone is showing their c--k and ass in front of the children,” he said. “This is not a nudist beach.”
   In response to the scene, Toronto resident Paulina Rukina had positioned her lawn chair facing away from the buck-naked crowd.
   “They can do that as long as they have their own beach,” she said, enjoying the sunny weather with her husband and children. “I’m trying not to look that way.”
   Other beachgoers supported the group’s cause.
   Newmarket resident Ursula Schwarz said she wasn’t offended and a clothing-optional area should be encouraged.
   “In Ontario, we are so prudish,” she said. “For years now, women have been able to go topless in this province. But do you see anyone do it?

“My goodness, we are still a little bit too far behind.”
   Two nearby 20-somethings found the entire situation to be amusing.
   “It is interesting watching other people’s reactions to this — just pure shock,” said Leah Benincasa, who was sunbathing with her friend Kyla Dhanraj.
   Regardless of the nudity, the pair had no problem with the group’s presence.
   “To each their own,” Dhanraj said.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2015/08/22/naturists-demonstration-at-wasaga-beach-shows-ontario-is-too-far-behind.html

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline Brad

• N Forum Veteran
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Referrals: 2
It amazes me how prudish people are in this day and age. I hope they get their clothing optional beach, I know I would love one in my state.

Offline lord_george

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 0
Not sure how the other beachgoers are being "punished" by a small group in a specific area of the beach....

Offline ToneBender

• Read-Only
  • Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
Good fences make good neighbors.

Preferably I'd like to see a situation more like Crystal Crescent in Halifax where one beach merges into the other but if not then a fence might be the answer. That's if the ministry is open to the idea at all.