Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Rugby Union - Scotland vs. Australia  (Read 2737 times)

Nude_not_rude

Rugby Union - Scotland vs. Australia
« on: November 22, 2009, 12:43:52 pm »
Well for the first time in 27 years, Scotland beat the Wallabies with a score of just 9-8. A relatively low score suggesting a dour affair, but on watching the replay, it was the tough defence of the Scottish team that one the day - oh and a couple of missed opportunities from the Wallabies and our goal kicker only landing 1 from 4 attempts. By all reports the Scots are great winners too. A news report from a Scottish pub told of just how happy, generous and fair the supporters were toward the minority Aussie supporters. All great to see in the sportsmanship stakes.

Stuart

Re: Rugby Union - Scotland vs. Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2009, 01:46:14 pm »
By all reports the Scots are great winners too.

All the more impressive when you think we don't get to practice being winners that much  :909

Offline Alex

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Referrals: 14
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2009, 10:47:24 pm »
This made my weekend. We finally beat a semi-decent team (not a dig at Tod ;)

That is all.
On an extended IYNO break... for now.

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 12:24:05 pm »
This made my weekend. We finally beat a semi-decent team (not a dig at Tod ;)

That is all.

Semi-decent team????? Well Yeah I've got to agree at the moment. Ever since they put a Kiwi in a coach I knew we were in trouble. As if he really wants us to be good.....

luvthemgiants

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 01:32:28 am »
ye cant blame the Kiwi.....he is a great coach!

its a rebuilding period.....all your Super 15 teams suck and no-one cares about union, its all league......im suprosed it took this long for the Aussies to suck

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2009, 01:47:36 pm »

its a rebuilding period.....all your Super 15 teams suck and no-one cares about union, its all league......im suprosed it took this long for the Aussies to suck
:909 :909 :909 :909 :909 :909

luvthemgiants

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2009, 06:34:23 pm »

:909 :909 :909 :909 :909 :909

yeah :)

i lived in Sydney and Cairns for a year and was shocked to find that no-one cared about Union until the teams lost. it was all league league league, and i hate league, its like a training session for backs in Union :)

when i was there the new national league went bust because no-one went to the games, it only lasted a year

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2009, 07:08:36 pm »
To say the Wallabbies are rebuilding is just being polite - the truth is that they are mediocre.  The backs kick away possession, rather than take the ball to the line - but they can't take it to the line because they know at the breakdown the forwards will be too slow getting there and possession will be lost - so there is a choice of hand the ball over here or give the other team the ball down there.

Until Australia has a dynamic back row again with a running, aggressive number 8 - think Toutai Kefu style - the forwards will struggle and while Genia is better than the rest at half back he is only better not outstanding.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

luvthemgiants

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2009, 07:15:45 pm »
To say the Wallabbies are rebuilding is just being polite - the truth is that they are mediocre.  The backs kick away possession, rather than take the ball to the line - but they can't take it to the line because they know at the breakdown the forwards will be too slow getting there and possession will be lost - so there is a choice of hand the ball over here or give the other team the ball down there.

Until Australia has a dynamic back row again with a running, aggressive number 8 - think Toutai Kefu style - the forwards will struggle and while Genia is better than the rest at half back he is only better not outstanding.

i agree with whats happening at the breakdown, the problem for is that kids are not playing union so you dont have kids growing up wanting to be a prop like i did.

your back row is not the problem though, its Matt Giteau......ive never seen a worse placekicker in International rugby. You would have beaten both Ireland and Scotland if he had made his kicks, and im not talking 100%, i doubt he is even hiting 70%.

you need a proper number 10 to control the game like O'Gara Sexton or Carter. a smart player that knows when to kick and when to run

Nude_not_rude

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 01:53:27 pm »
Whoop -di-doooooo!!!!!

The Wallabies just broke a 101 year old hoodoo against Cardiff wining 31-3 !!!!!!!  :123456 :123456 They're awesome again!!!!!  :234567  :909 :909 :909 :909 :909

http://tvnz.co.nz/rugby-news/wallabies-break-101-year-hoodoo-in-cardiff-3189945

luvthemgiants

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 04:55:53 pm »
ye just know a Kiwi wrote that lol

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 07:19:51 pm »

i agree with whats happening at the breakdown, the problem for is that kids are not playing union so you dont have kids growing up wanting to be a prop like i did.

your back row is not the problem though, its Matt Giteau......ive never seen a worse placekicker in International rugby. You would have beaten both Ireland and Scotland if he had made his kicks, and im not talking 100%, i doubt he is even hiting 70%.

you need a proper number 10 to control the game like O'Gara Sexton or Carter. a smart player that knows when to kick and when to run

I find O'Gara the most frustrating fly half in world rugby.  His moments of brilliance are only memorable because of his moments of stifling his outside backs.  If O'Driscoll and Horan got clean ball more often cricket scores are likely - instead we get drop goals!
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

luvthemgiants

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

I find O'Gara the most frustrating fly half in world rugby.  His moments of brilliance are only memorable because of his moments of stifling his outside backs.  If O'Driscoll and Horan got clean ball more often cricket scores are likely - instead we get drop goals!

he is INCREDIBLY frustrating, but when on form is one of the best in the world. he seems to suffer from lapses in confidence. He is also a bit weak, strength wise, too many people run through him.

Sexton is the shiznit though :)