Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: When do football players stop wearing cups?  (Read 2625 times)

Offline kb2001

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 15
When do football players stop wearing cups?
« on: September 10, 2015, 01:55:48 am »
They make us wear cups in middle school football and I'm pretty sure they do in high school too but they don't in the pros. When is it ok to stop wearing cups and just wear compression shorts?

EJniceguy

Re: When do football players stop wearing cups?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 02:41:44 am »
I'm not sure how it is in Michigan, but I know that in California high school football players aren't required to wear cups. I played for three years and I never wore one.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 03:46:25 am »
I wore one back in school all the time. I took a helmet blow to my knee that shattered the knee cap. I'd hate to think how that would had turned out if it was towards my crotch without a cup.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline kb2001

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 11:08:40 am »
I'm not sure how it is in Michigan, but I know that in California high school football players aren't required to wear cups. I played for three years and I never wore one.
I wish they were that smart here. I think they cause more problems than they solve. The only thing they really solve is if someone wants to kneecap you in the nuts.

EJniceguy

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 01:35:52 pm »
I wish they were that smart here. I think they cause more problems than they solve. The only thing they really solve is if someone wants to kneecap you in the nuts.
The only time I used to use a cup for football was when I played on the line in youth football.When I switched to quarterback in high school (yes, I know that seems like a strange transition. If you want to know more about it PM me), I stopped wearing a cup. If you're not a lineman, I agree with you in that it causes more problems than it solves.

Offline Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 06:37:41 pm »
And I just have images from association football in my head, where the non-use of cups is easily visible by the fact that during a free kick, the wall players all have their hands in a certain place.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.

Offline kb2001

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2015, 09:07:27 pm »
I play running back mostly on O and defensive back mostly on D but we still play multiple positions. Usually they put the bigger kids on the line. Our center is 200 pounds. I can't imagine any of our linemen ever being a QB.

EJniceguy

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 03:26:53 am »
Pretty much, I was never really all THAT big. I was pretty skinny, but I was big enough to hold my own on the line.
Not to mention I was actually decently fast and I have a really good arm thanks to baseball, so I tried out for QB when I went to high school and wound up as the second string guy, and I moved into the starting spot halfway through the year.

I don't play anymore though since I want to focus on baseball.

Offline kb2001

• Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 01:43:20 am »
Our QB is also pitcher during baseball season. He likes baseball better too. I like football better especially when we have a real good team like we do.

Offline Pelagio01

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2023, 06:30:03 pm »

Are not comfortable? I didnt use it