General Talk (primarily non-naturist) > The Sports Bar!

When do football players stop wearing cups?

(1/2) > >>

kb2001:
They make us wear cups in middle school football and I'm pretty sure they do in high school too but they don't in the pros. When is it ok to stop wearing cups and just wear compression shorts?

EJniceguy:
I'm not sure how it is in Michigan, but I know that in California high school football players aren't required to wear cups. I played for three years and I never wore one.

DrgHybrid:
I wore one back in school all the time. I took a helmet blow to my knee that shattered the knee cap. I'd hate to think how that would had turned out if it was towards my crotch without a cup.

kb2001:

--- Quote from: Eric on September 10, 2015, 02:41:44 am ---I'm not sure how it is in Michigan, but I know that in California high school football players aren't required to wear cups. I played for three years and I never wore one.

--- End quote ---
I wish they were that smart here. I think they cause more problems than they solve. The only thing they really solve is if someone wants to kneecap you in the nuts.

EJniceguy:

--- Quote from: kb2001 on September 10, 2015, 11:08:40 am ---I wish they were that smart here. I think they cause more problems than they solve. The only thing they really solve is if someone wants to kneecap you in the nuts.

--- End quote ---
The only time I used to use a cup for football was when I played on the line in youth football.When I switched to quarterback in high school (yes, I know that seems like a strange transition. If you want to know more about it PM me), I stopped wearing a cup. If you're not a lineman, I agree with you in that it causes more problems than it solves.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version