Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Desert Island Discs  (Read 1353 times)

Wombling Wurzel

Desert Island Discs
« on: September 18, 2015, 07:11:50 am »
I don't know if this is broadcast outside the UK. But over here on Radio 4 we have a show called Desert Island Discs.  (side note it has had over 3,000 episodes)

The format is very simple but to make it even easier I will simplify it here.  You have to give 8 pieces of music that are significant to you.  Then say which one you would save from the waves if they were washed away.  You get the Complete Works of Shakespeare and the bible (or similar religious /philosophical book) and a choice or you own.  Plus one luxury that cannot get you off the island or communicate with the outside world and must be inanimate. Let your choices begin.

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
Re: Desert Island Discs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2015, 12:08:57 am »
Ok I'll go with

Delerium's Nuages du monde my first Delerium album

Shihad's The General Electric

Nature's Best 3 (a compilation of NZ music)

Dragonforce's Inhuman Rampage

Elemeno P's Love & Disrespect, so many great memories

Fates Warning FWX

Kaiser Chiefs Employment

Linkin Park Meteora

I'll think save Nature's Best 3 too many memories that go far back with that one every song many different points in time. But all those albums contain points in my life and many feelings I'm sentimental about them all really.

Being a desert island better pick some that take me home in my mind which is Under The Mountain by Maurice Gee. Well let's go with my big toy dog useless on a desert island.

Btw I've heard of this show but closest we get I guess is Kim Hill's Playing Favourites       
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Wombling Wurzel

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 02:18:55 pm »
Myself

Beethoven - 9th Symphony "Ode to Joy"

Pink Floyd - Comfortably Numb

Humperdinck - Hansel und Gretel Overture - personal memories

Rossini - Largo al Factotum

Mozart - Clarinet Concerto in A major

David Bowie - Let's Dance - Good memories here of parties.

The Beautiful South - Don't Marry Her - First single I bought

Mozart - Sull'aria...che soave zeffiretto

The one I would save from the waves although I love Beethoven would be Hansel und Gretel as this was the first Opera I ever went to and has a deep meaning on a personal level as well to me.

Book wise I would take: London - A Biography by Peter Ackroyd to remind me of Home

Luxury Item would be a bottomless Keg of Real Ale.

Wombling Wurzel

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 02:35:34 pm »

For those who still are not fully understanding of the format.