Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Pan  (Read 967 times)

Density

Pan
« on: October 11, 2015, 03:23:14 pm »
So me and my brother went to see the movie Pan in it wasn't all that bad. As a foundation they introduced Peter as an orphan who was abducted into Neverland and there he partnered up with James Hook(not the one we know and love yet) to combat Blackbeard who has enslaved orphans all over the world to mine for pixem(fairy dust in stone). In the process Peter learns about his origins, parents, and tries to unravel a purpose for himself while being pursued by Blackbeard.

The action in the film is mediocre since it it meant for a children type audience but does well in being clever in making adult references in dialogue. It is also hilarious how the fights go down from spartan kicks to how people are eliminated, which I found very pleasing for a children audience. Surprisingly enough even adults to delight in how things went down. Music selection was very impressive in how the stage was set-up. If you are a rocker, you will definitely hear some familiar band notes and chants.

You will meet familiar characters and learn of their origins also such as Hook, Smie, Tink (not much), and even the creation of the lost boys. The movie does a great job in offering people a way to decide they want to imagine the events that lead to where Peter Pan is today.

Anyway I felt i would give this a good 7/10 simply for what it offers, another aspect into Peter Pan aside from the other version such as Robin William in 'Hook' and the others. CGI is heavy in this movie as well but very magical and awe inspiring. So go out there and give it a look if you are looking for something to just chill to and not think too hard about.

pat9916

Re: Pan
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 05:38:13 pm »
Thanks for the great review. From your description, it sounds close to SyFy's Neverland Miniseries which was quite good in itself. I think I'll have to check it out.

Density

Re: Pan
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 09:09:22 pm »
Definitely look into it man, was well done in its own respect. Made me appreciate this genre of movies a little more than the spam of hero movies on the way come next year.