Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: From a blog: Nude swimming at the ‘Y’  (Read 27444 times)

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
From a blog: Nude swimming at the ‘Y’
« on: October 16, 2015, 07:46:42 pm »
In conversation with another (American) avatar at a sim this week, it was pointed out to me that the ‘Y’, the YMCA, insisted on nude swimming for many years, and the males in school swim teams also swam nude, often in the company of swimsuited female swim team members. Girls/young women were apparently clothed because the female body required ‘more modesty’. I wasn’t entirely sure if this could actually be true, so I did some research and found out that apparently yes! It might be true! Then again, it might not!
tumblr_noe7pypGhT1uvssdso1_1280 height=438
tumblr_noe7qasOQF1uvssdso1_1280 height=444
Are the photos above composites of the male & female swimming teams?

tumblr_no7nimkVEv1uvssdso1_1280 height=551
tumblr_no7nl13Mx21uvssdso1_1280
tumblr_noe7lyK2ro1uvssdso1_1280 height=443
tumblr_noe7pnQpV11uvssdso1_1280 height=486

The photos don’t look photoshopped to create some CFNM fantasy. Despite this, one site examines the different press reports and suggests that, in many cases yes, the boys swam nude, girls clothed, but that there were gender segregated swim sessions.
I think we can say with some degree of certainty that males swam nude at the YMCA and in high schools, while females wore costumes. What I think is much less certain is that, despite photographic ‘evidence’ above, there were never any CFNM swim sessions. I would be delighted if any readers of SL Naturist could confirm or deny this CFNM scenario.
cfnm_001b

https://theslnaturist.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/nude-swimming-at-the-y/

Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

INnudeguy

Re: From a blog: Nude swimming at the ‘Y’
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:06:30 pm »
My Granddad grew up and learned to swim at the Y in the 1950's   Not only did the boys swim nude but the mothers often sat in the balcony above the pool and observed.   The swimming instructor was a man in his early 20's and was also nude.

Offline nudiecouchsurfer

• Surfs up
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Runner/Surfer/Traveller
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2015, 02:43:36 am »
Wow this is awesome! Go Skip the guy in the article hah sounds like he should have been at IYN member if this existed in the 50s!

Offline JOE

• N Forum Veteran
  • Shouting it out loud
  • I am Joe. Joe is me.
  • Referrals: 10
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2015, 02:57:29 am »
Kind of surprised the guys would swim naked, while the girls were clothed in unsegregated pools. Hard to believe this considering the fact of anyone swimming in a public pool nude now would be shamed upon and probably arrested. I'm not a swimmer but if swimming nude really improves your time I don't see a reason to wear a suit!

Offline nudiecouchsurfer

• Surfs up
  • N Forum Veteran
  • Nude without Towel
  • Runner/Surfer/Traveller
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2015, 04:21:27 am »
Think this article is amazing to show how quickly attitudes change, hopefully in another 10-20 years, everyone will be swimming nude!

Dont think it would improve the swimming times thou - the modern swimming suits are all about reducing drag!

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 01:17:16 pm »
Think this article is amazing to show how quickly attitudes change, hopefully in another 10-20 years, everyone will be swimming nude!

Dont think it would improve the swimming times thou - the modern swimming suits are all about reducing drag!

Boasting?   :422

Perhaps they keep the water chilly! 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Wombling Wurzel

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 02:00:34 pm »
I've heard..which could be a total rubbish that the only good things swimsuits are for are for competitive swimming. So if you like mucking about in the water they are pretty much useless.  Another reason if any were needed to ditch the swimwear.