Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Referral  (Read 2925 times)

bbwolf26

Referral
« on: November 28, 2015, 02:59:58 pm »
How do I give a referral? My friend @Nudistommy referred me to this site but I did not give him a referral when I signed up. Can I still give him one, or is it too late?

Offline Danee

• Read-Only
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Referrals: 135
Re: Referral
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2015, 02:00:05 am »
How do I give a referral? My friend @Nudistommy referred me to this site but I did not give him a referral when I signed up. Can I still give him one, or is it too late?

I believe it is late, but am not sure.  @Delta will be able to explain. 
Top-free Equality. Its a right, not a privilege!
http://www.freethenipple.com/

Offline NudieDaniel

• Transport nerd, Natureboy Kiwi
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • The control room
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 02:34:33 am »
I don't you can pretty sure it has to be done when registering
I'm everywhere and nowhere

Offline Stephen

• Retired Staff
  • Shouting it out loud
  • δ³Σx²
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2015, 07:20:05 am »

Hello.

Simply put, no, nudisttommy would not be able to get the referral listed as you have already signed up.

More complexly put, it is not something we edit ourselves, rather, it is automatically recorded when someone is sent a referral link, and registers, etc, within 30 days of using that link they were given (unless they clear their browser's cookies, use a different browser, different computer, or incognito browser in between clicking the link, and registering). Also, it would not be you giving him a referral, but it would have been him giving you one.

To find out the link you should give people when referring them, hit the "profile" button at the top of the page. Under the same first section, where you see your username, post count, topic count, and email address, you should also see something that says "referral link". Next time one of you wants to recommend someone, give them that link. If the person you send the link to completes registration within the 30 days and don't clear their browser's cookies, use a different browser, different computer, or incognito browser in between clicking the link, and registering, then you should automatically receive credit.

Online Delta

• Administrator
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • For SCIENCE!
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2015, 09:06:30 am »
What Stephen said. Referrals are a feature of our forum where you can give others a link that you can find on your profile. The links are of the format http://internationalyn.org/forum/index.php?action=refferals;refferedby=####. If someone visits that link and then signs up, they are counted as having been referred by that user, and the referrer's referral count goes up by one. We have no influence on the referral count.
Please send me a message on the forum before contacting me over IM. For best results, also mention what you want to talk about, I am not much of a smalltalker.