Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Nude Swimming In Public Schools  (Read 60499 times)

NakedIsNatural

Re: Nude Swimming In Public Schools
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2016, 06:06:01 pm »
Dear Abby's idea that women require a higher degree of modesty than men is quite pointed in my opinion. This sounds like a shining example of sexualizing the female form far more than the male's. The fact that it was perfectly ok for men to swim nude but women had to protect their modesty is a screaming double standard.

Offline Dogoegma

• Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 4
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 09:21:46 pm »
Dear Abby's idea that women require a higher degree of modesty than men is quite pointed in my opinion. This sounds like a shining example of sexualizing the female form far more than the male's. The fact that it was perfectly ok for men to swim nude but women had to protect their modesty is a screaming double standard.

Yes, however one has to remember the culture of the time. The mid-20th century is marked by a reaction to WW2 by being ultra-conservative and conformist. Remember that in human history very few things compare with the many tragedies of that same century, hence people were seeking a "safe-zone" of conformity where they could have peace knowing that things would work out in the end (esp. considering the threat of nuclear winter). People were drawing very heavily from Socrates and Ancient Greek culture in general as a philosophical echo-backlash against contemporary Continental Philosophy (esp. Nietzsche's Existentialism which was blamed for a lot of the ideas surrounding fascism). The Ancient Greeks held very similar views as shown by the manner of thought in this article, and I think that this provides some limited circumstantial evidence for my hypothesis. Worse yet was the fear of communism, which added even more social stress to the already exhausted communities. Communism is no joke, and has many glaring problems and still today is largely responsible (along with fascism) for many of our current geo-political tensions (indeed, many of our problems with the Arab World stem from the heavy influence of the Baath party [which was funded by the Nazis in WW2 to destabilize British colonial possessions], which still cause massive headaches for those attempting reform and stabilization in those areas [as a testament to that fact, Mein Kampf sales are doing well in those regions {although it's success is not limited to said regions}] and from the collapse of the USSR and the high traffic of arms to the Middle East). In short, given that people seek security as level 2 on the Maslow pyramid and that is relatively low on said pyramid, we can see the cultural reluctance to embrace more egalitarian motifs as a response to social stress. Naturally this is merely my opinion.

Offline ailsaman

• Read-Only
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2016, 10:03:49 pm »
our school pool requires like swimsuits. like everyone wears speedos but last year some of us did go out to the pool naked for a bit before coach came out and told us to go back to the lockerroom for our suits. it was mostly a dare but it was still kinda a swimming naked at school experience. i didnt know that they used to have naked swim in schools allowed tho. thats pretty cool. swimmin naked just like feels better anyway.

when I first went to school and we had swimming it was always rumoured that if you forgot you kit you had to swim nude but it never happened. in fact if you forgot your kit you usually ended up doing lines or detention

we all changed in one big open area and so you all saw each other naked anyway whilst we were changing and we all had to wear trunks - I think it was school regulation black or blue speedo type trunks, you certainly were not allowed board shorts or anything like that.

When we came out it was all naked for showering, and I can't imagine it happening now, but the teacher would be standing outside as we lined up we all took our trunks off as we went into the showers. It wasn't something we really thought much of at the time and anyway it would seem quite normal that you would shower with nothing on

Offline anakyn

• Nude with Towel
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2019, 07:34:55 am »
In the northern Europe, kids, also not grown in nudist families and not in nudist places, are usually used to go naked in the locker rooms, also with grownups around, naked as well. They get showers and saunas naked, never seen someone with swimsuit on.
They are perfectly comfortable with it because it's normal; sounds stupid to take a shower with swimsuit on, the only reason would be the modesty, but, evidently, it's so natural and normal for them, since they are toddlers, that nobody cares.

Offline AspieNaked

• Guy Talk
  • Topless with bottoms
  • Nakie is good, nakie is free, nakie is... nakie!
    • My Tumblr Page
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2019, 05:31:26 pm »
It should at least be optional. Having to wear a swimsuit which with the wet fabric set off my sensory issues made my time swimming in school miserable. I would have done far better if I had been able to swim naked.

Offline Cle Leftwrite

• A Phantom of the Naked Variety
  • Guy Talk
  • Nude without Towel
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2019, 07:22:57 pm »
Interesting watches and reads.

Offline DrgHybrid

• The Furry
  • Bare Squad - Accounts Division
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Mauler the Dragon Hybrid
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2019, 09:09:31 pm »
It should at least be optional. Having to wear a swimsuit which with the wet fabric set off my sensory issues made my time swimming in school miserable. I would have done far better if I had been able to swim naked.

Unfourtunately, the world has to “think of everyone else” in this age. If places allowed it to be optional, but someone else was offended by it, then that’s the problem in their eyes.

Sadly, nudity “just as explained in the video” is sexualized more then it ever has in history. Even for children. It seems that the only age that can get away with it now are babies and toddlers.

I fear, however, that that will go away as well eventually. Especially following incidents, like within the last couple of years, that naked dad and toddler daughter were in the shower together as he was trying to lower her fever and that she sick and throwing up. Mother found it a bonding experience and a caring father. The world found it dirty and taboo.
Private message is open to everyone! Feel free to message me if you have any problems or need help with anything.

Offline SOPHIEW

• BANNED
  • Topless with bottoms
  • No group shots apparently! ????
  • Referrals: 3
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2019, 10:07:26 pm »
I agree! Don’t think it will ever come back.. kids are too shy! In the UK it’s rare to even shower after gym class anymore

No nudity atall

Offline Tree

• Nature Loving Flexitarian
  • Shouting it out loud
  • And we danced!
« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2019, 02:59:41 pm »

Unfourtunately, the world has to “think of everyone else” in this age. If places allowed it to be optional, but someone else was offended by it, then that’s the problem in their eyes.

Sadly, nudity “just as explained in the video” is sexualized more then it ever has in history. Even for children. It seems that the only age that can get away with it now are babies and toddlers.

I fear, however, that that will go away as well eventually. Especially following incidents, like within the last couple of years, that naked dad and toddler daughter were in the shower together as he was trying to lower her fever and that she sick and throwing up. Mother found it a bonding experience and a caring father. The world found it dirty and taboo.

There was a significant backlash against those critics too though. Thankfully there are some people willing to speak up for those who suffer the wrath of the perpetually offended. But as I realise political discussion isn't allowed here, I'll leave it at that so we don't stray too far off topic.
A secret's ever safely placed with honest folk and leal;
And secrets trusted unto me are in a locked-up house
Whose keys are lost and on whose door is set the Cadi's seal.
~ From the 1001 Arabian Nights

Offline dukewc

• duke
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • Just another guy who loves being on the PS5 nude
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2019, 04:58:15 pm »
i wish my school would allow this
Pm me let’s chat

Offline Raven

• Topless with bottoms
  • I'm starting my weight loss journey! Wish me luck.
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2019, 09:34:09 pm »
I wish schools still did this. But saying that I can't swim. I tried and failed since I was 5 kinda odd since I grew up around water, fishing, boats, ECT. So if school had a swimming class I would either finally learn or fail..

Offline dukewc

• duke
  • Teens Only Member
  • Nude without Towel
  • Just another guy who loves being on the PS5 nude
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2019, 10:36:59 pm »
I wish schools still did this. But saying that I can't swim. I tried and failed since I was 5 kinda odd since I grew up around water, fishing, boats, ECT. So if school had a swimming class I would either finally learn or fail..

it would still be nice im a good swimmer hope you learn it is pretty fun
Pm me let’s chat

Offline TheMattinator

• Teens Only Member
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Now worth 87p!
  • Referrals: 2
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2020, 12:18:13 am »
i wish my school would allow this

You aren't the only one :) I wasn't a great swimmer but I might have tried harder in this case! Lol

Dyl10

« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2020, 06:58:04 am »
Anyone got an idea on how much it costs to invest in a new swimming pool facility?

You are talking about quite a lot of money there mate! Indoor or outdoor?? Outdoors obviously cheaper and will also depend on the pool size!! Might be easier to just rent a facility in the evening for an event!!

Offline Mettis

• Be free, be nude!
  • Broke the fourth wall
  • Become a part of nature
« Reply #29 on: March 28, 2020, 09:28:19 am »
@rdfcguy @Danee  Great reads and videos on the rapid change in cultural attitudes between one or two generations of nudes swimming in public.
Thanks for sharing!  :like
nΔa²t+u(r±e)³ = L(i)fe³ - Σ(cl²ot³h²es)

.: Mettis & Vous ! :.