Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The First Nude Movies  (Read 3470 times)

rdfcguy

The First Nude Movies
« on: December 18, 2015, 12:54:14 am »
A short exposé on the first movies with nudity and the eccentric man who made them

JT

Re: The First Nude Movies
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2015, 01:31:59 am »
That's pretty cool, I like that video. It makes sense. Immnot sure I understand why he was filming people/himself nude, but what ever, it's cool.  I mean at that time that was pretty taboo right?
So I guess he really kinda liked being nude or do I miss something

But nice job, good info, I like it....

INnudeguy

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2015, 02:12:52 am »
It's pretty interesting.   I think it must have  been pretty revolutionary for it's time.

Offline nudetrail

• Naturist Superhero
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2015, 10:37:29 pm »
very interesting
nude is natural

Offline Leah

• Female Chat
  • Shouting it out loud
  • Teach Tolerance
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 07:24:13 am »
Not at all controversial - nudity in the 19th century was quite common.  If you were not wealthy washing involved a stream and a community - even if you bathed at home the water was shared between the family.

Please do not believe that what the history writers recorded was relevant to everyone - they had an eye to how they would be remembered and who their sponsors were.
I may be nude but at least my mind is open

rdfcguy

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 06:34:36 pm »
Not at all controversial - nudity in the 19th century was quite common.  If you were not wealthy washing involved a stream and a community - even if you bathed at home the water was shared between the family.

Please do not believe that what the history writers recorded was relevant to everyone - they had an eye to how they would be remembered and who their sponsors were.

All historians have biases. I have no doubt that nudity was common in the lives of many in the 19th century, but it wouldn't be unexpected for nudity to be controversial in a public context, outside of bathing.

rdfcguy

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 07:36:04 pm »
Even in the 1800 acceptance  of nudity varied wildly depending on  the country and culture of that country.   It's not much different today it seems.
Certainly. That's what I was saying.

pvct

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 05:54:47 pm »
Although I knew somewhat about Muybridge before, this video is interesting to watch! It was when the French went around their colonies photographing nude local models to make postcard and literally for research, the Brits and American went into their Victorian prudish attitude.